A wee quiz Question

Hearts Heritage

Dunfermline Athletic. It was Hearts or Zaragoza to play Dunfermline and we lost to Zaragoza.

Do I win a tour of the London Hearts archives?

Hearts Heritage

Dunfermline Athletic. It was Hearts or Zaragoza to play Dunfermline and we lost to Zaragoza.

Do I win a tour of the London Hearts archives?

Correct. We lost the playoff match after the draw had been made.

Another one, from which Davy Allan is excluded because of his membership of another website where this was debated.

Name the two players to have played for Hearts and Scotland and to have had a son to have won representative honours at football for another country.

This was my question over Christmas and nobody got it.

Hearts Heritage

Another one, from which Davy Allan is excluded because of his membership of another website where this was debated.

Name the two players to have played for Hearts and Scotland and to have had a son to have won representative honours at football for another country.

I didn't see the question but I know one of them. I am currently about 800 yards away from one of the son's birthplace.

I'm having a punt on Jim Bett. Does he not have an icelandic wife and children? He also lives in Iceland. So I'm guessing his laddie has some youth caps for iceland or something?

I'm having a punt on Jim Bett. Does he not have an icelandic wife and children? He also lives in Iceland. So I'm guessing his laddie has some youth caps for iceland or something?

A rosette for Poggs, correct. Two of his sons played for Iceland U-17s.

Hearts Heritage

A rosette for Poggs, correct. Two of his sons played for Iceland U-17s.

I didn't know the second one.

I didn't know the second one.

I asked about this on scottishleague.net. There was a Hibs player who had played for Scotland and had a son who played for somebody else, can't remember who.

Is the 2nd one Barney Battles Snr? Barney Battles Jr played one international each for Scotland and the USA.

Also correct. An apple for you.

Hearts Heritage

BB junior was born in Fisherrow sadly a few months after his Dad died . Celtic gave the takings of the stand at one of their games to his widow.

She emigrated to The USA where her son won a soccer cap.

Archived