Lennon thinks he is Sir Alex

vegas-voss

The mind games starting from Lennon.Does not think we have the mental strength to win the title.

" Some of these guys at Hearts haven't been in thar position before and it will be more mentally challenging for them than physically,whether they can sustain it.That's the keyto putting any sort of championship-winning run together and why Wednesday is key for both teams.I've been over the course with these games even some of the players in here haven't.But generally you're used to the expectation level,that's for sure at the Old Firm.It's different and the more publicity Hearts get,that's when the pressure starts to tell a bit and it will be whether the squad has the ability to sustain it. "

" From a novelty point of view it's good for the game but from our point of view I only see one team and it's a huge game for us on Wednesday night and we need to be at our best. "

Sounds to me like we have them a little bit shaken.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

"From a novelty point of view", what a patronising turn-of-phrase that is

Remnants of Standards

He's right in that we have to quickly learn what being a title challenger is all about in scotland.

With that in mind I'm off to find out where the ref on Wednesday lives, what school he went to, his telephone number, and ensure he has a good choice of local glaziers to choose from.

This is the Old Firm Way after all.

The mind games starting from Lennon.Does not think we have the mental strength to win the title.

" Some of these guys at Hearts haven't been in thar position before and it will be more mentally challenging for them than physically,whether they can sustain it.That's the keyto putting any sort of championship-winning run together and why Wednesday is key for both teams.I've been over the course with these games even some of the players in here haven't.But generally you're used to the expectation level,that's for sure at the Old Firm.It's different and the more publicity Hearts get,that's when the pressure starts to tell a bit and it will be whether the squad has the ability to sustain it. "

" From a novelty point of view it's good for the game but from our point of view I only see one team and it's a huge game for us on Wednesday night and we need to be at our best. "

How many players in the current Celtic team have been involved in a SPL championship run in ?

How many players in the current Celtic team were successful in that run in ?

How many times has Neil Lennon as a manager been involved in a SPL championship run in ?

How many times has he been successful ?

If one team is "expected" to win the league and another team is a "novelty" where is all the pressure sitting on Wednesday night ?

As the OP says, we have them shaken up a bit.

There is no question that they are worried, they have a lot to lose, creditibility for one. They lost at Tynecastle, they know we have the ability to beat them. They are very concerned. Their snob values (Yes they really are snobs, they think they are better than us) as coming home to roost. They know we play for 90 minutes plus injury time, they know we are up for it. The reality is we have nothing to lose, the media are setting us up for a fall, but we have been there before - so we know, JJ knows, and the experience is so valuable - Lennon knows it too, that's why he's saying silly things. He should stick with teh comment he made a few years ago "I don't like Hearts".

Charlie-Brown

I think if we can go to Parkhead and Ibrox at come home remaining unbeaten we will have proved our credentials - even more so if we manage to beat them. I always fear against decisions going against us at those venues - we might find we could match them but still lose narrowly due to a penalty, fee-kick or sending off that changed the game - would that mean we had any less mental strength?

I think Lennon has even more to be worried about now having just seen the from page of the Notw.

He is in the High Court on Tuesday being sued by the Bank Of Ireland over an upaid loan taken out in his name that could cost him ?3m

Our players should just use it as a positive. They should realise that it is an attempt to get into the sub-consious and start raising doubts.

In the end, no one is expecting Hearts to go the whole hog so if we maintain that realism and just keep our heads down, keep fighting and believe in ourselves we`ll see what comes.

I think Lennon has even more to be worried about now having just seen the from page of the Notw.

He is in the High Court on Tuesday being sued by the Bank Of Ireland over an upaid loan taken out in his name that could cost him ?3m

wonga_man.jpg?1277314146

Our players should just use it as a positive. They should realise that it is an attempt to get into the sub-consious and start raising doubts.

In the end, no one is expecting Hearts to go the whole hog so if we maintain that realism and just keep our heads down, keep fighting and believe in ourselves we`ll see what comes.

I'm quite pleased we are still in the position where

1. The press havent hyped us up out of all recognition and tipped us for the title. I havent seen one hack predict we will win it yet.

2. A few exceptions apart the fans (Hearts) feet are firmly on the ground abut the chances of us winning it.

3. JJ is playing it down and the players are just getting on with it. Although I thought we looked a little nervous in the first half yesterday.

Lennon is starting to really feel the pressure. He'll crack (if he hasnt done that already) He's not good under pressure and we should try and PILE it on on Wednesday. Even a draw would not be a good result for them but would do us.

jamboinglasgow

Lennon's side still have questions about how they perform in important games, the only one they seemed to do it in was the last old firm game but they won against one of the poorest Rangers team I have seen in an old firm match and still needed a blunder by McGregor and Rangers to give a stupid penalty away to win. They beat us in the 1st match because we crumbled after the first goal. If go to Celtic Park, keep strong and focused and are not afraid to hit them then we should have a good chance. Also mark Hooper out of the match.

I'm quite pleased we are still in the position where

1. The press havent hyped us up out of all recognition and tipped us for the title. I havent seen one hack predict we will win it yet.

2. A few exceptions apart the fans (Hearts) feet are firmly on the ground abut the chances of us winning it.

3. JJ is playing it down and the players are just getting on with it. Although I thought we looked a little nervous in the first half yesterday.

Lennon is starting to really feel the pressure. He'll crack (if he hasnt done that already) He's not good under pressure and we should try and PILE it on on Wednesday. Even a draw would not be a good result for them but would do us.

Totally agree. Thing is and funnily enough we were talking in the boozer after the game about how the hype hasn`t really taken off, but you can bet yer boots it will now after the Huns game. Every attempt will be made to put a bit pressure on us.

And yer right, lets go without any fear and have a pop at Celtic on Wednesday. I hope JJ`s old head will reign supreme over Lennon`s numbnut and pull off a surprise or two. I know primarily it`s down to the players in these situations but while Lennon maybe gets a bit desperate a few calming words from JJ to the players will send us out with the right focus.

But like yesterday, to a man, we need to stand up and be strong.

Chad Sexington

Totally agree with this.

Lennon is a phscological train wreck.

If we get a result midweek he will go into full mental health breakdown mode. :woot:

WorldChampions1902

Patronising p**k. Time for JJ to run 50 x A3 copies of these quotes off the photocopier and plaster them all round our Training Centre.

Novelty get that on the dressing room wall JJ and ram it down the soap dodgers throats.The way to play them is high tempo ,this should provide perfect motivation.

In JJ we trust!!!!

Hearts of Vladland

Anyone else thinl Lennon has been playing a little to much football manager? Buying pointless players in positions that don't need strengthened, appealing every decision even though it was fair and that comment sounds like it has came straight from the mind games comments.

Anyone else thinl Lennon has been playing a little to much football manager? Buying pointless players in positions that don't need strengthened, appealing every decision even though it was fair and that comment sounds like it has came straight from the mind games comments.

Neil Lennon isnt personally selecting at least half of the players that are turning up at Parkhead these days. Its a marketting ploy and nothing more.

And he's got the fecking cheek to call US a novelty !!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lennon misses the point entirely. There is NO pressure on us whatsoever as there is no expectation that we will top the table come the end of the season. Indeed, we have 3rd all but wrapped up already so our main goal for the season is almost in place. Therefore, we can have a right go between now and the end of the season and mind games are wasted on us.

Lennon = welt.

Lennon misses the point entirely. There is NO pressure on us whatsoever as there is no expectation that we will top the table come the end of the season. Indeed, we have 3rd all but wrapped up already so our main goal for the season is almost in place. Therefore, we can have a right go between now and the end of the season and mind games are wasted on us.

Lennon = welt.

100% correct.

Any pressure we might feel can ONLY come if we get our noses in front. At the moment thats not the case and might never be the case. He's the one under pressure and he's the one not dealing with it very well.

The word "novelty" might well come back and bite him on the arse though. Thats just disrespectful.

I think if we can go to Parkhead and Ibrox at come home remaining unbeaten we will have proved our credentials - even more so if we manage to beat them. I always fear against decisions going against us at those venues - we might find we could match them but still lose narrowly due to a penalty, fee-kick or sending off that changed the game - would that mean we had any less mental strength?

We are going to have to be very, very good to overcome the Uglies "home" factor!

Hope the refs are still brassed off with Celtic and Lennon!

If one team is "expected" to win the league and another team is a "novelty" where is all the pressure sitting on Wednesday night ?

This is the point that ginger tw@ Lennon seems to miss completely. The real pressure is on him and Celtic, not on JJ and Hearts.

We are going to have to be very, very good to overcome the Uglies "home" factor!

Hope the refs are still brassed off with Celtic and Lennon!

I think that is true at Ibrox. Not so much at Celtic Park just now where they've really been scraping results. Yesterday was another example apparently.

2 points from those two trips would be an excellent return IMO. More than that is title winning territory IMO

Someone said at the game yesterday that our record at Parkhead( in all competitions) in the last 5 years is better than Rangers ? Dunno if thats true or not but I recall a few wins there in recent years.

I think that is true at Ibrox. Not so much at Celtic Park just now where they've really been scraping results. Yesterday was another example apparently.

2 points from those two trips would be an excellent return IMO. More than that is title winning territory IMO

Missing there leader at the back as well.Had to play Mulgrew there for more than half the game and that's when Aberdeen came more into.Even if they do open the biscuit tin to get the guy from Notts Forrest it will still be a real tat for him to come straight in and partner a guy he has never played with.

How many players in the current Celtic team have been involved in a SPL championship run in ?

How many players in the current Celtic team were successful in that run in ?

How many times has Neil Lennon as a manager been involved in a SPL championship run in ?

How many times has he been successful ?

As the OP says, we have them shaken up a bit.

This.

IF , a very big IF , Hearts can keep this incredible run going the pressue will begin to tell and my money will be on JJ & Wattie/McMoist handling it a lot better than Lennon.

He was a hot headed liability on the pitch and has continued to be so as a manager. Classless, ungracious and hardly an inspiring talker.

Classless, ungracious and hardly an inspiring talker.

Once Lennon gets the boot from Celtic, these qualities make him an ideal candidate for the hibs job.

As a manager he just comes across as much of mindless thug as he did as a player. Agree with others, the man seems to react badly to pressure / if we can get anything at all next week, he might just crack.

This from a guy who has been a manager all of about five minutes. Tw@.

Francis Albert

The "novelty" would be the OF having to worry about more than one challenger. How many OF players have experienced that in the SPL?

Archived