We are Contenders !

Everybody loves Baz

Everybody loves Baz

10th win out of 11 games, battered for 90 mins but still manage a victory, the Uglies have done it for years now it's our turn to believe that we can do it.

F.T.O.F.

I have said before and i will say again,if we are in this position at the end of February i will start to dream,until then i am simply enjoying the wonderful run we are on

I have said before and i will say again,if we are in this position at the end of February i will start to dream,until then i am simply enjoying the wonderful run we are on

Swap feb for may,then maybe.

Like yourself ,just enjoying the run,too many people getting carried away,doesnt surprise me though.

We go from having a decent run ( were going to win the league) to lose a few ( oh **** were relegation material) :thumbsup:

Randle P McMurphy

screw this cautious stuff, i donyt care if i end up wiuth egg on my face, we are going to win thus league, lets start belieiving and we will take the players with us

Like yourself ,just enjoying the run,too many people getting carried away,doesnt surprise me though.

We go from having a decent run ( were going to win the league) to lose a few ( oh **** were relegation material) :thumbsup:

in all fairness it is kind of hard NOT to get carried away with this.

i mean If we manage to beat Celtic on Wednesday then we would go into Saturday knowing that a win against St Johnstone (due to neither of the Old Firm playing on Sat) would put us 1 point off top with the same games played as Celtic,but we would have the momentum.

but i expect ourselves,Rangers and Celtic will falter at some stage of the run in,it's how we react to a setback that will determin how our season goes,until then i am cautiously optimistic but not quite ready to launch into full blown hysteria

Everybody loves Baz

Sorry, but winning 10/11 is more than just a run, and it doesn't matter if we lose every game from now till end of season we will not get relegated so that's a stupid insinsuation.

jamboinglasgow

Did love on national news, the female sports newsreader said "Now the Scottish Premier League is no longer a two horse race as Hearts beat Rangers..."

Sorry, but winning 10/11 is more than just a run, and it doesn't matter if we lose every game from now till end of season we will not get relegated so that's a stupid insinsuation.

Didnt meant this season for relegation ,the extremes from last year to this season on jkb was what i was comparing.

Absolutely no reason why we can't. Let's just hope we at least get draws in Glasgow.

Aberdeen won titles in the 80's ,cause they went to glasgow and won regularly.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

We did to the Huns today what they have done to others for years.

The resiliance of our players was amazing. We soaked it up and then scored.

We can defo finish at least 2nd.

Pity about the Scottish Cup.

Most important of all BUILD on this for the future.

south morocco

we are sitting in the shadows right now but i think that suits us , a win on wed will take us out into the spotlight and if not by now the weegie press will be after us,bring it feckin on i say, a lucky win today against a strong rangers side , :whistling:

screw this cautious stuff, i donyt care if i end up wiuth egg on my face, we are going to win thus league, lets start belieiving and we will take the players with us

whoa, randle. rein yourself in, lad.

not even the teds and tims will be saying they are going to win the league at this time of the year as there is so many points to be won and lst. whilst i believe as much as the next man it is ill advised to say that we are going to go all the way. no doubt you thought we were going to win the scottish cup only for us to be papped out at the first hurdle. again.

yes, we did despatch rangers today, however, we were up against it for long periods and many will say, tomorrow's press included, that we rode our luck, especially in the first half, and were perhaps lucky to win. yo

i was at tynie last tuesday to witness an incredibly poor and frustrating performance from the lads which only serves to remind me of thee frailties, like any side, in our team.

many people, the majority in the west of the country and in the east of our city, believe that our challenge will run out of steam before long and we'll sit comfartably in third come may. the acid test will come when we have to play the afore mentioned teams on their home patch. celtic had us tucked away easily when we played them at parkhead earlier in the season, admittedly we weren't playing with the same confidence we see flowing through the team now, and we need to ensure we make up for that when we go back on wednesday.

i remember 85/86 vividly, good and bad, and how we went unbeaten against both rangers and celtic from december onwards that season(thumping rangers 2 or 3 times). this is the form we have to replicate against this pair if all our aspirations are to become tangible. only then can we say we have a chance, and that's what it is, a chance.

apologies for appearing to piss on your parade but having watched my beloved jambos for 27 years i don't think it unwise to exercise a degree of caution.

jamboinglasgow

This was posted underneath a Hearts article on the daily record website by a Rangers fan, I hope he is feeling rotten now...

If youwin the spl or even split the old firm your manager will get an offer he can't refuse from some championship side and he'll be off and your best 4 or 5 players wont be long behind him.Best off settling for a comfortable 3rd place and leave us glaswegians to sort out the messy business.

This was posted underneath a Hearts article on the daily record website by a Rangers fan, I hope he is feeling rotten now...

If youwin the spl or even split the old firm your manager will get an offer he can't refuse from some championship side and he'll be off and your best 4 or 5 players wont be long behind him.Best off settling for a comfortable 3rd place and leave us glaswegians to sort out the messy business.

oh thats sweet!!!!!

We did to the Huns today what they have done to others for years.

The resiliance of our players was amazing. We soaked it up and then scored.

We can defo finish at least 2nd.

Pity about the Scottish Cup.

Most important of all BUILD on this for the future.

It is a pity about the Scottish cup but as we were saying on the way home it may be a blessing in disguise.

We don't have ties and replays to worry about so players should be fresher.

Pity the same will happen to one of the uglies. Hope it's Celtic and Rangers have Europe to worry about. :thumbsup:

After the pain of 86, and lots of highs and lows inbetween....I'd love us to win the league more than anything in the world!

Not the reason I support Hearts and it never will be.

Loving the ride currently though :thumbsup:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

We are contenders?

Are we contenders?

Yes, yes we are.

Yes Andy, we are.

JJ did not beat the Old firm during the league campaign in '98. Not once. He has learned from that.

I still the think the '98 team were better. But this current squad are similar in that they don't like being beaten.

Not worried at all about Wednesday.

One thing. In '98 JJ went to pieman and begged for money when Mickey and Baggio started to feel their injuries. He was dismissed and who knows what would have happened otherwise.

This time, we have Wallace, Suso and Driver on the mend. Of course I would love a Bednar/Boyd brought in. But this squad IS competent.

Exciting times at Tynie.

Randle P McMurphy

whoa, randle. rein yourself in, lad.

not even the teds and tims will be saying they are going to win the league at this time of the year as there is so many points to be won and lst. whilst i believe as much as the next man it is ill advised to say that we are going to go all the way. no doubt you thought we were going to win the scottish cup only for us to be papped out at the first hurdle. again.

yes, we did despatch rangers today, however, we were up against it for long periods and many will say, tomorrow's press included, that we rode our luck, especially in the first half, and were perhaps lucky to win. yo

i was at tynie last tuesday to witness an incredibly poor and frustrating performance from the lads which only serves to remind me of thee frailties, like any side, in our team.

many people, the majority in the west of the country and in the east of our city, believe that our challenge will run out of steam before long and we'll sit comfartably in third come may. the acid test will come when we have to play the afore mentioned teams on their home patch. celtic had us tucked away easily when we played them at parkhead earlier in the season, admittedly we weren't playing with the same confidence we see flowing through the team now, and we need to ensure we make up for that when we go back on wednesday.

i remember 85/86 vividly, good and bad, and how we went unbeaten against both rangers and celtic from december onwards that season(thumping rangers 2 or 3 times). this is the form we have to replicate against this pair if all our aspirations are to become tangible. only then can we say we have a chance, and that's what it is, a chance.

apologies for appearing to piss on your parade but having watched my beloved jambos for 27 years i don't think it unwise to exercise a degree of caution.

mate i am in my 40s and i have seen hearts win 2 trophies much the same as the 20 somethings. i know i am getting carried away with alcohol but wtf once or twice in 40 years surely i am entitled. i was at dens that day and there in 97/98 and in 2005 when we started to believe. the thing is it is not always the best players that win the league it is the best team. this is a team. would neil berry, kenny black or wlater kidd be classed as players worthy to win a league? probably not. but as team players they were fantastic and almost did it. tjhis time around we have a far better squed amd what feelds like the same togetherness and team spirit. lets just have our day in thesun even if it only lasts until wednesday

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

mate i am in my 40s and i have seen hearts win 2 trophies much the same as the 20 somethings. i know i am getting carried away with alcohol but wtf once or twice in 40 years surely i am entitled. i was at dens that day and there in 97/98 and in 2005 when we started to believe. the thing is it is not always the best players that win the league it is the best team. this is a team. would neil berry, kenny black or wlater kidd be classed as players worthy to win a league? probably not. but as team players they were fantastic and almost did it. tjhis time around we have a far better squed amd what feelds like the same togetherness and team spirit. lets just have our day in thesun even if it only lasts until wednesday

Well said, mate.

This is a group,of guys who DON'T like losing.

Skacel and KK missing? The team will fold. It has not happened.

I feel the buzz of '86 about these players. They WIN.

I feel no fear whatsoever with these guys going to Parkhead. I think they will get a result there.

JJ is 13 years the wiser from '98.

Good times in Gorgie.

Everybody loves Baz

We are contenders?

Are we contenders?

Yes, yes we are.

I sent you a bloody txt earlier telling you this; at least tell me i'm not sending txts to some random nobody ?

contrary to my post, i too am finding it difficult to keep my feet on the ground but for the reasons explained in the same post i am doing just that.

i remember the legends of 86 fondly and would piss my pants if this team were to go that extra yard.

i'll be there on Wednesday and if we get a result then maybe, just maybe....

If we are still unbeaten come a week on Thursday, then the answer is a resounding yes.

I feel weird saying this, but if we win the next two Wednesdays then, for me, we are not contenders for the league but the favourites.:unsure:

Archived