how much did we miss big kyle 2day?

i know we won but as for hearts options when we did go forward we looked out of ideas alot of the time, you could see what a job the big man's been doin for us because the lack of height or someone to hold the ball was a telling factor as their two centre halfs had a pretty easy game,can we afford kyle to be out for two long?

no doubt we missed the big man up front,but we never really got on top in midfield either and i reckon black should have came on at half time to try and win back midfield and then bring our front men into the game more

Howdy Doody Jambo

We need to get another striker in the Kylie mould if we are to mount a serious challenge this season

ie a Connor Salmon

Defo missed him today but we got away with it. The bigger worry is how long he will be out for. <_<

Thought it was a mistake not starting Black, unless he was injured.

Skacel wasn't fit, nowhere near it.

Along with KK not making it, these were the 3 biggest factors in our below par performance today.

If Vlad really really wants to win this league he needs to allow JJ to bring in a forward and a creative midfielder.

Any substance to the Bednar back on loan until end of season story going round WB lounge?

Would do me nicely as simply can't hope to continue on like this without a target man to play off.

I actually thought that our midfield looked over ran today and as such our forwards got little service. Kyle would no doubt have made a difference though so I take your point. I do feel that we need a midfielder who can dictate play ie Bruno Aguair.

Any substance to the Bednar back on loan until end of season story going round WB lounge?

Would do me nicely as simply can't hope to continue on like this without a target man to play off.

Bednar is exactly what we need.

Without getting ahead of myself we have nearly nailed 3rd place therefore the only way is up :thumbsup:

I actually thought that our midfield looked over ran today and as such our forwards got little service. Kyle would no doubt have made a difference though so I take your point. I do feel that we need a midfielder who can dictate play ie Bruno Aguair.

said it before about the midfield,we've got the graft but need craft

Thought it was a mistake not starting Black, unless he was injured.

Skacel wasn't fit, nowhere near it.

Along with KK not making it, these were the 3 biggest factors in our below par performance today.

Agree with all 3 points.

I was thinking too today about C Thompson- he wasn't on for long but he whipped in a cracking ball a few minutes after he came on - i'd forgotten about how good a crosser of the ball he was when he first broke into the team.

Could he be the one to supply KK with what he needs???

:ermm:

i know we won but as for hearts options when we did go forward we looked out of ideas alot of the time, you could see what a job the big man's been doin for us because the lack of height or someone to hold the ball was a telling factor as their two centre halfs had a pretty easy game,can we afford kyle to be out for two long?

A lot!!!

We gave them a man advantage by only having 4 in midfield. With Skacel not 100% fit, and playing on the right side, and Ruben woeful - we were over run until later in the game.

We missed Kyle big time, and if we dont have a target man, we need to beef up the midfield. I felt it took JJ too long to change the shape of the team. We may have got away with the formation if we had someone to hold the ball up front.

Please be fit for Parkhead Kevin........

If Vlad really really wants to win this league he needs to allow JJ to bring in a forward and a creative midfielder.

....and a cover centre half as well.

scott herbertson

To the comments about getting overrun in midfield I think Kyle being missing was a key factor in that too. When we play the ball up to him we nearly always win the secondary ball as he holds and lays it off. It takes a greaat deal of pressure off the midfield. Many of the times we seemed overrun were where we lobbed the ball up to their central defenders who were able to bring it under control and move forward with momentum against our midfield.

It's hard to make any play whhen you are kept on the back foot.

Althou=gh we could certainly do with creativity and a seasoned old pro centre half for cover (I suppose you could argue for Kucharski there :blink: ) I think the cover centre forward is an absolute must. Even somenone who can only last 60 minutes, after which we can let the dogs of war loose with our squad of wee terriers

Archived