Player Ratings

tcjambo

I can't understand the criticism Mrowiec is getting on here. Overall I thought he was one of our best, if not the best, players today.

After he got booked, i reckon he was the best player on the park ! Didn't miss one tackle or let one man thru after that point. First half he was poor but as people have said it was him and ruben verse 4 in midfeild, there was no easy pass for him which meant he ost the ball more today. For the guy who does not reckon he is a pro footballer, where hae you being this season !

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I can't understand the criticism Mrowiec is getting on here. Overall I thought he was one of our best, if not the best, players today.

a few misplaced passes in the first half, then got back to his best, breaking up Rangers play and chasing ever ball. I wasn't that impressed with him (or Black for that matter) when our midfield was overrun in the pre-season friendly against Wolves. But since then, I've completely revised my opinion of him (and Black). He's def one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Kello 9 Kept us in the game first half. There is no better goalie in the Scottish Leagues.

Jonsson 7 Better today

Bouzid 8 Great game

Zal 7 Caught out in the first half(no-one made a run for him), better in second including run forward that set up the move for the goal.

Wallace 7 Poor first half but linked a lot better with Skacel in second hlaf, good persistance for the goal.

Mroweic 7 Not his best in the first half but had to cover for Rubens disappearance, better second half, some great tackles.

Ruben 6 A passenger in the first half, a lot better second half.

Skacel 7 Like the rest of the team a quiet first half, but started to link with Wallace second half and helped us back into the game.

Templeton 5 Really quiet today but still keeps going at the opposition. I think he may enjoy Darkheid on Wednesday.

Stevenson 6 Got the goal and did okay in a position not natural to him. Won his fair share of headers.

Elliot 7 Intellegent play from him today.

Glen 5 Decent cameo from him today.

Black 3 Balckies gonie get you.

Thomson 4 Added some dig when needed.

Seymour M Hersh

What? The save from Ness when he tipped it over was WORLD class.

Even though it was probably going over the bar without the touch. Look I think MK is a fantastic goalie but your just playing into the weejie hun hands by trying to make it out to be some sort of wonder say. It was decent but you'd be really annoyed if he hadn't made it (oh and it would have hit the bar at best).

Without going for straight numbers, our issue yesterday was that key players that have been performing for us were posted missing. Kyle unfit and Zaliukas and Mrowiec having a 'mare. The Zaliukas in that first half was the Zaliukas of old, marking nobody and losing the ball in stupid situations. Ryan Stevenson saved his game by scoring, a generally woeful performance.

The positives are that we won whilst not playing anywhere near our best, and this was against the champions. Kello was outstanding and Bouzid carried Zaliukas. Wallace had a decent game and Skacel, even when not playing at his best, is always a threat. For me, a special mention must go to Stephen Elliott, a real shift from him yesterday and worked the channels for us superbly.

We will play better on Wednesday folks, it's a biggie.

Without going for straight numbers, our issue yesterday was that key players that have been performing for us were posted missing. Kyle unfit and Zaliukas and Mrowiec having a 'mare. The Zaliukas in that first half was the Zaliukas of old, marking nobody and losing the ball in stupid situations. Ryan Stevenson saved his game by scoring, a generally woeful performance.

The positives are that we won whilst not playing anywhere near our best, and this was against the champions. Kello was outstanding and Bouzid carried Zaliukas. Wallace had a decent game and Skacel, even when not playing at his best, is always a threat. For me, a special mention must go to Stephen Elliott, a real shift from him yesterday and worked the channels for us superbly.

We will play better on Wednesday folks, it's a biggie.

Think I have to totaly agree with this.

Ruben wandered aimlessly in th emiddle of the park most of the game, failed to cover in on many occaussions, left gaps for Rangers to exploit, missed the opportunity to play passes obvious because they exceeded five yards. Gieb hhim ome thing, he won two good headers. we'd have been much better with a worker in the middle than RP.

I think its clear for all to see you have no time for Ruben. If you were to take the hate goggles of for 5 minutes you might see that he reads the game pretty well and always looks for a simple pass, unlike the Hollywood passes of some of his team mates.

We need him in the team especially against teams that play a 3 man midfield, he will rip them every time. Gie the boy a fair chance!

I think its clear for all to see you have no time for Ruben. If you were to take the hate goggles of for 5 minutes you might see that he reads the game pretty well and always looks for a simple pass, unlike the Hollywood passes of some of his team mates.

We need him in the team especially against teams that play a 3 man midfield, he will rip them every time. Gie the boy a fair chance!

Some common sense at last. The whole midfield was over-run in the first half and JJ admitted this in the after match comments and this was why the formation was changed in 2nd half. Ruben keeps it simple and I can't understand the flack he gets from some on this board.

Maybe to do with the fact that he was left hopelessley outnumbered, still managed to keep himself between them and the goals more often than not.

Maybe not ! He rarely got back to help the defence, he wandered about, didn't chase back very much at all, trots back, wanders around the middle, loses players he should be picking up, fails to play long passes. On one occasion when he had the ball with masses of choice he looked lost, when a decent player would have played a good long pass towards one of the wide men.

There is some merit in what you say. He frustrates me, he has the ability, no question, he has had some super games but most of the time he just looks lazy. You are right he ALWAYS looks for the simple pass, often making him too predictable.

Hate goggles - that's a bit strong, I'd love him to play to his abilities, he certainly didn't yesterday.

Some common sense at last. The whole midfield was over-run in the first half and JJ admitted this in the after match comments and this was why the formation was changed in 2nd half. Ruben keeps it simple and I can't understand the flack he gets from some on this board.

I refer you to my post in the first page, thank you :thumbsup:

Kello - 9

Wallace - 7

Zaliukas - 7

Bouzid - 8

Jonsson - 6

Templeton -6

Skacel - 6

Mrowiec - 7

Palazuelos - 7

Elliott - 6

Stevenson - 4

I'm going to give Rangers a small bit of credit in that Davis and to a lesser extent Ness were the only outfield players that were good all game.

However for us 4 special mentions.

Kello naturally.

Again with very little cover Jonsson never gave his opposite number a sniff.

Wallace - brilliant for the goal

and finally teamwork and resiliance.

When was the last time we played Rangers and spent the most of the last 15 minutes in their half when winning/drawing. Or the final 4 minutes in injury time.

Kello - 9

Jonsson - 6

Zaliukas - 7

Bouzid - 7

Wallace - 7

Mrowiec - 6

Palazuelos - 6

Templeton - 5

Skacel - 6

Elliott - 7

Stevenson - 6.

Kello 8 - Two great saves, one of which was bordering on Gordon class.

Johnsson 6 - Horribly exposed by our system in the first half and looked a bit silly. Better and more solid in the second half.

Zaliukas 6 - Got a bit cocky and a bit too cool for school at times yesterday.

Bouzid 8 - Superb. Commanding. Solid

Wallace 8 - Quiet first half when we were struggling a bit. Sensational 15 minutes around the time we scored. Won the game for us the game IMO so my MOTM

Templeton 6 - Having a quiet patch but needs to keep plugging away.

Palazuelos 5 - Never fancy him in big games like this. I dont think he deals with pressure games very well. Looked almost disinterested at times.

Mroweic 5 - Looked a bit out of his depth at stages of the game. Better second half.

Skacel 7 - He's about 70% fit if that but he's got class that doesnt need fitness to shine through.

Elliott 7- Ran all day and kept Rangers busy. I really like his attitude

Stevenson 6 - 2 points for sticking in and getting the winner. Otherwise, pretty poor game, albeit out of position for over half of it.

Glen 2 - As expected. Ineffective.

Black 4 - Unlucky not to start.

Thomson 4 - One really good ball. Maybe should have started at right mid

I've been saying on here for a few weeks our squad doesn't suit the 4-2-3-1 formation when Kyle isn't fit to lead the line. Rangers demonstrated that by giving us an absolute doing for 65ish minutes until JJ reverted to a straight 4-4-2. Thanks to Marian Kello, we were somehow still in the game at this point. It was no surprise to me that we improved drastically. Two natural strikers running the channels up front. Think Skacel and Wallace linked up really well for the short time we were 4-4-2.

Kello 9 - if it wasn't for him, we were dead and buried after 30 minutes. Brilliant stuff.

Jonsson 7 - decent game IMHO

Zaliukas 6 - not at his best

Bouzid 8 - best game for us

Wallace 7 - linked well with Rudi late on. Big part in our goal.

Rubens 5 - always holds on to the ball a few seconds too long. Slows our attacking threat down. Prefer Ian Black.

Mroweic 7 - did the dirty work as usual.

Temps 6 - some lovely touches but needs to play a simple ball sometimes.

Rudi 6 - quiet game, looked better on the left of our 4 man midfield late in the game.

Elliott 6 - works like a trojan, his desire to score led to our winner, deserves a start playing in a natural striker role.

Steveson 6 - did well out of position, good touch and awareness for goal.

Subs:

Glen 5 - worked ahrd alongside Elliott

Black 3 - no time to make impact. Should start ahead of Rubens on Wednesday.

C Thomson 3 - no time to make impact.

Sergio Garcia

Even though it was probably going over the bar without the touch. Look I think MK is a fantastic goalie but your just playing into the weejie hun hands by trying to make it out to be some sort of wonder say. It was decent but you'd be really annoyed if he hadn't made it (oh and it would have hit the bar at best).

It was flying straight in the top corner mate I was right behind it. If it wasnt for MK we would have went behind to that strike

Eggert had a poor game but is one of us. Funny feeling he will kick on from here.

Cant remember the last time Eggert did not have a poor game

Archived