The danger in over achieving

primrose

Most of us would have been delighted if the season had ended and we were 26 points above Hibs and 11 above 4th place. So having virtually achieved our primary goal is there a danger in dreaming that we can achieve more?

Will it feel like failure if we dont do better than 3rd or give the OF a run for their money?

Personally I am just enjoying football again and delighted that we have a competitive team, anything more we achieve for me is a bonus. I still love to dream though!

Thoughts?

Most of us would have been delighted if the season had ended and we were 26 points above Hibs and 11 above 4th place. So having virtually achieved our primary goal is there a danger in dreaming that we can achieve more?

Will it feel like failure if we dont do better than 3rd or give the OF a run for their money?

Personally I am just enjoying football again and delighted that we have a competitive team, anything more we achieve for me is a bonus. I still love to dream though!

Thoughts?

I am the same enjoying watching this team at the minute. but my fear is that its only a matter of time till bids come in for our top players. love to hang on to temps for another couple of years

it's part of being a fan of the famous HMFC, I remember dreaming about us winning the scottish cup, hoping it would be in my life time, now its the league, gotta hope, gotta wish! :thumbsup:

I'd prefer to say we've earn't what we've got but a few folk seem to think that saying it'll be a walk over and you can look at other posibility's that your negative or not as big a supporter ??

Charlie-Brown

people always want and expect progress to be continuous but it never works out that way, there are always some setbacks and disappointments along the way. Plus we are disadvantaged in comparison to the English clubs in the Premier League & Championship so it's natural that some of our players will want to leave to further their careers down there at some point. All we can do is try to be the best we can and if any of our players do leave ensure we get maximum value for money for them.

it's part of being a fan of the famous HMFC, I remember dreaming about us winning the scottish cup, hoping it would be in my life time, now its the league, gotta hope, gotta wish! :thumbsup:

thats it mate keep the faith :thumbsup:

williamgerrard

Yea our football is good this season to be honest im glad we are out the cup and now focusing on the title dont know about anyone else but im so desperate for us to win the title but we all have to pull together in the next 2 weeks and i mean lets start tommorow by out singing the huns LETS MAKE TYNIE A HOSTILE PLACE TMRW the question im askin my fellow jambos are we going to be up for this war tmrw we must win tmrw COME ON HEARTS GIVE IT YOUR ALL AND HEARTS FANS LETS MAKE A NOISE TMRW WE CAN WIN THE LEAGUE if we show enogh fight in us

With all due respect to the OP, I think that's why we no longer achieve the impossible. Not just Hearts but this country as a whole.

How many times have you heard the most successful people in Sport (or any other field) talk about how they've dreamed about their World Cup/Ryder Cup/Oscar etc moment all of their life? Has our upbringing brought us to appoint where it's dangerous to dream about something?

Scotland used be the King of the dreamers and it bugs me to hell that it's been beaten out of us over the years. Have a dream, work had to get there and revel in it when it occurs.

I dream at the start of EVERY season that we'll win the league. It's outwith my control what actually happens but I just hope that the majority of the squad have the same dream as me and are willing to work to get there.

thats it mate keep the faith :thumbsup:

Ta, my old man said supporting Hearts is like most folks life "nothing comes easy but when good things happen-boy are they worth it" :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

Thoughts?

You know the saying about setting the bar high Primrose?

Well it's crap. Never set a bar because that limits you to only try to achieve what height you set the bar to when you could achieve so much more.

Dream big dreams! :thumbsup:

scott herbertson

With all due respect to the OP, I think that's why we no longer achieve the impossible. Not just Hearts but this country as a whole.

How many times have you heard the most successful people in Sport (or any other field) talk about how they've dreamed about their World Cup/Ryder Cup/Oscar etc moment all of their life? Has our upbringing brought us to appoint where it's dangerous to dream about something?

Scotland used be the King of the dreamers and it bugs me to hell that it's been beaten out of us over the years. Have a dream, work had to get there and revel in it when it occurs.

I dream at the start of EVERY season that we'll win the league. It's outwith my control what actually happens but I just hope that the majority of the squad have the same dream as me and are willing to work to get there.

Good post mate - sums it up for me

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

If you dont have a dream then how can you have a dream come true

Happy talk.... :rolleyes:

It's hard not to dream when we are in such a good position at the moment but given what we've had over the last few seasons, I'd be delighted if the season finished tomorrow and we were in the position we are in just now.

Not just in terms of being so close to the OF and a good distance from the others but that there is such a lot to build on for the future with some of the young players maturing into really top class players. A settled and happy management system and renewed optomisim in the stands.

All that said

A bit of me would feel we had, not failed, but not realised the potential of a better season.

Early cup exits always sting. There's no getting away from that. And with the OF so fragile this year the the opportunity is there to get right up amongst them and at least give them a decent fight.

It might just be my imagination but one of the problems I have with HMFC is that when have a good season we get into Europe the following season. And the season we are in Europe we don't do too well in Scotland. It doesn't seem to apply just to us. Look at the Hobos. M'well aren't doing too badly but not so good as last season.

Archived