hope not but what if?

Someone has to mention it,what if we get beat 2moro? Can't see it happening but if it does have we got it in us to still carry on and catch the glesga two? I think yes.

Nobody needed to mention it aye but anyway, tomorrow is not about what Rangers can do but what Hearts can do.

Got a bad feeling we may freeze up and get beat.....End of the day we're having a great season and are building towards a challenge for the league.

not interested in 2nd place so i wont discuss from that point of view.

at the moment i would estimate our chances of winning the league at about 5%, at best. that might seem like quite a long shot but it's a damn sight better than at the start of the season. we certainly weren't 20/1 to win the league. a 5% chance is a realistic chance.

if we win tomorrow i don't think the chances increase significantly. if we lose then i believe they diminish significantly. probably to 1 or 2%.

if we lose then we lose. we then challenge for 3rd place. if we get 2nd place then we get some short term pleasure of having beaten one of the old firm again. there's zero glory in it though.

not interested in 2nd place so i wont discuss from that point of view.

at the moment i would estimate our chances of winning the league at about 5%, at best. that might seem like quite a long shot but it's a damn sight better than at the start of the season. we certainly weren't 20/1 to win the league. a 5% chance is a realistic chance.

if we win tomorrow i don't think the chances increase significantly. if we lose then i believe they diminish significantly. probably to 1 or 2%.

if we lose then we lose. we then challenge for 3rd place. if we get 2nd place then we get some short term pleasure of having beaten one of the old firm again. there's zero glory in it though.

You'd better temper that enthusiasm Sparky.

Or we'll all get carried away! :down:

You'd better temper that enthusiasm Sparky.

Or we'll all get carried away! :down:

:D

may as well be realistic i suppose. the chance is there but it's by no means a neck-and-neck-and-neck race yet. we have a few lengths to make up AND need to outstay the best stayers.

First of all, I think we're in the luxurious position of having 3rd place just about wrapped up, so its a no lose situation in some ways because 3rd is success in my opinion. Someone behind us would have to go on an incredible run to catch us now IMO

If we lose, its a six pointer against us, very similar to the infamous Celtic New Year game in 05/06 and turns an already difficult hill to climb (even if we win) into a mountain. We'd be relying on one or both of them going through a real sticky set of results, plus us keeping up our good form, to catch either of them. Drawing isnt really that much better, not a total disaster, but not much help either.

If we win, its still hard, very hard and verging on too hard for us to win the league, but there would be no doubt it would have become a genuine 3 horse race. We'd still be rank outsiders IMO but another couple of results going our way afterwards would have us really fired up and both of them crapping themselves IMO.

:D

may as well be realistic i suppose. the chance is there but it's by no means a neck-and-neck-and-neck race yet. we have a few lengths to make up AND need to outstay the best stayers.

I DO agree, but was hoping the realism posts would wait until tomorrow afternoon.

Feel free to shoot us hopefuls down if we bottle it again tomorrow, but it's about time we kicked the 'bridesmaid' tag into touch.

This is a new Hearts team with nothing to fear!

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone has to mention it,what if we get beat 2moro?

Why has this been posted?

Are you doubting us already? Keep the faith, we can beat them and as long as I have not jinxed us by posting, but I always fancy our chances against the bigot brothers :D

Why has this been posted?

Are you doubting us already? Keep the faith, we can beat them and as long as I have not jinxed us by posting, but I always fancy our chances against the bigot brothers :D

The cluess in the question m8,i said what if,also said I don't think it'll happen.

The cluess in the question m8,i said what if,also said I don't think it'll happen.

ok, misquoted you there. Soz.

I DO agree, but was hoping the realism posts would wait until tomorrow afternoon.

Feel free to shoot us hopefuls down if we bottle it again tomorrow, but it's about time we kicked the 'bridesmaid' tag into touch.

This is a new Hearts team with nothing to fear!

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one thing in our favour is that our current 'title challenge' has actually lasted longer than our last one in 05/06. that one was more or less dead as a door nail on new years day. who would have thought - after our subsequent huge slide - that we would very quickly have another outside chance at the title? it's an amazing bonus.

the 97/98 title was ours for the taking. just one or two games going our way could have seen us take the challenge right to the final game. this team doesn't have the same pedigree at first glance but it shouldn't be under-estimated. it should also be noted that both old firm sides were significantly better in 97/98.

this one's going to come down to the games between the three teams. we probably need at least 3 wins from the 5 remaining games to have a chance.

No worries m8,been watching hearts since 82 so you'll not find me knocking my team :thumbsup:

been watching since my first game with the old boy in '76, so after relegation, the throes of the 80s' have become very superstitous. Now a little arrogant and dont like talking about the prospect of defeat. To the extent that I always put money (when I can afford to) on Hearts to win and no other scoreline eg I even put money on us to beat Barca. And tomorrow I will be betting but not til near Ko. :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

If we lose I'll stomach it as long as we went down with a fight! If this happens and we gave it all then what more can you ask for from the players?!?

If this IS the case then the last thing I want to see if complete meltdown on here!

That's you told :D

one thing in our favour is that our current 'title challenge' has actually lasted longer than our last one in 05/06. that one was more or less dead as a door nail on new years day. who would have thought - after our subsequent huge slide - that we would very quickly have another outside chance at the title? it's an amazing bonus.

the 97/98 title was ours for the taking. just one or two games going our way could have seen us take the challenge right to the final game. this team doesn't have the same pedigree at first glance but it shouldn't be under-estimated. it should also be noted that both old firm sides were significantly better in 97/98.

this one's going to come down to the games between the three teams. we probably need at least 3 wins from the 5 remaining games to have a chance.

The next 3 OF games will decide it, of that there can be almost no doubt.

With regard to the optimism;

- The 97/98 challenge was harder due to the OF like you say.

- The 05/06 team was in decline from October onwards, we were lucky to scrape 2nd.

- This current team has been on the ascent since the signing of Skacel, and the start of the winning streak. There are still quality players waiting to get back in too.

You're right about the amazing bonus, and that is why we should allow oursleves to be optimistic.

Our start of season expectations were Europa Leaugue, and that isn't far from being secured on this form, so let's go along for the ride again I say!

been watching since my first game with the old boy in '76, so after relegation, the throes of the 80s' have become very superstitous. Now a little arrogant and dont like talking about the prospect of defeat. To the extent that I always put money (when I can afford to) on Hearts to win and no other scoreline eg I even put money on us to beat Barca. And tomorrow I will be betting but not til near Ko. :thumbsup:

Seen the up's and downs so understand your thinking,the end game still remains the same..get tore right into them hearts!

Rudolf's Mate

If we do then I'm gonna go into work on Monday and smash my Hearts mug over the head of a workmate! Everytime he's kidnapped my Hearts mug and drank from it we've lost. Seriously..... Came back from lunch and je was sat with a huge grin taking sips. He's a Southampton fan so he's got nowt to gloat about!!!

Francis Albert

Our objective is to be within 6 points of the top at the split. That will keep us in the hunt. On current form (last 13 games) that is a realistic target. There are 13 games to the split. Defeat tomorrow would make it more difficult, but not impossible.

I disagree that finishing second or a lot closer to second is meaningless. To come out of the pack and take the title in one seasont was and remains a long shot. We need to put in a challenge for a few seasons running, and ideally see one or two others taking points off the OF more regularly. The relatively weak position of the OF with declining crowds and little Euromoney makes this more likely than at any time for at least a decade.

Anyway, we'll win tomorrow.

Seymour M Hersh

We're not lightyears ahead of der hun as a team. They have a a very strong winning mindset throughout their team. They've won the last two league titles. They get away with moider on the pitch and I think have a weegie ref tomorrow. They'll be up for it tomorrow make no mistake. Smith and Mccoist will have them fired up. Them winning is not the biggest stretch anyone will ever have to make.

Having said that if we play to our potential and give them no respect and harry them from the get go we can win. But, as usual when we play them the tims or the hobos I get quite nervous.

WE WILL WIN

OUR TITLE CHALLENGE BEGINS TOMORROW.

Mon the JT's.

Well said. :thumbsup:

FTOF and everyone else.

Spoken to a few [modedit] about this game. They are desperate for us to win for obvious reasons, yet they refuse to acknowledge we could be even a vague threat to them going forward if we did.

It pains me to think we'd be doing them a favour. For that reason I'm going for the double against the Old Firm.

How good would it be? :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

Spoken to a few [modedit] about this game. They are desperate for us to win for obvious reasons, yet they refuse to acknowledge we could be even a vague threat to them going forward if we did.

It pains me to think we'd be doing them a favour. For that reason I'm going for the double against the Old Firm.

How good would it be? :thumbsup:

True but it will only make them more desperate to win when the play the unwashed and then hopefully they do is a favour by beating Ginger whinger!

Our objective is to be within 6 points of the top at the split. That will keep us in the hunt. On current form (last 13 games) that is a realistic target. There are 13 games to the split. Defeat tomorrow would make it more difficult, but not impossible.

I disagree that finishing second or a lot closer to second is meaningless. To come out of the pack and take the title in one seasont was and remains a long shot. We need to put in a challenge for a few seasons running, and ideally see one or two others taking points off the OF more regularly. The relatively weak position of the OF with declining crowds and little Euromoney makes this more likely than at any time for at least a decade.

Anyway, we'll win tomorrow.

6 points behind with 5 to play would be a bit too far behind IMO, but a tremendous achievement nonetheless. We'd still be in the hunt, only just but I just couldnt see us winning it from there. 4 points or less and its game on though. Such a fine margin.

We've got a really good run once we get these 3 OF games out the way. 6 games out of 9 in Edinburgh up to the split. Celtic have got a horrible looking run coming up and I believe they'll drop a lot of points in the next 4 or 5 weeks. Cant see where Rangers are going to drop upcoming points outwith Celtic and ourselves, so we'll really need to beat them and probably beat them twice before the season is out.

I also think we will want it more tomorrow and I think we'll win. I also think we're just a smidgin short of being able to win the league this season.

We'll need to take at least 4 points from the 3 OF games coming up. 5 would be great and even 3 would be fine if its 3 draws. 6 or more would be title winning country in its own right

BUT, We'll also probably need at least one team below us to improve enough to take points from the OF, say Kilmarnock or Aberdeen for example, but obviously we cant have them taking points off us as well

Charlie-Brown

Aberdeen & Dundee Utd needed to have almost perfect seasons in the years they won the SPL - injuries & suspension, their own form and results, taking the majority of points against other title contenders especially gaining points away from home, the Old Firm being more beatable etc. All of these things had to be in their favour and even then it wasn't easy for them but they managed it.

Archived