SK Brann

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

I saw him play when I was about 9 or 10. I don't really remember that much about him Rene Moller with his shock of hair stood out.

RJ won Norwegian FOTY 4 times twice before joing Hearts and twice after. Only Hearts player with a statue.

Thig Ar Latha

I better post on this 'cos of my username. I am too young (for once) to have seen him play - any kickbackers see him?

K

post-2401-0-71837000-1295609817_thumb.jpg

Aye, a few times. A tricky winger, often on as a sub IIRC. Scored a cracking goal from a very tight angle in a 2-0 win at Parkhead, Ford scored the other. I was'nt there, but it was on the telly that night.

john brownlee

could score from the corner spot if I remember correctly a excellent player.

You could see he was a star even playing for Brann, after that game all that Hearts supporters were talking about was, when and how could we sign him and for once our dreams came true.

I'm surprised Nottingham Forest were not mentioned. There achievments far outshone Man Utd for instance.

John

Roald Jensen was a storming player! Best player in the league by a mile. His tendency not to tackle and to fade for half a season was annoying, but on his game worth ?20 million today!

Against Morton in Cup semi he ran with the ball and defender. He stopped the ball and kept running, the defender went with him. He turned, ran back over the ball taking the defender with him, returned and picked up the ball and passed it on. The ball had sat there while he ran over it the defender following him. Huge laugh and for Jensen an easy bit of show.

He could bend the ball long before these balls we see today. He threw the whole Falkirk defence, and Hearts attack, to one side enabling him to score at the Gorgie end during Falkirk's heavy defence days under Prentice. The type of skill on he could possess.

How h would cope today I don't know, but the heavy tackling has gone and he may well last a full season! What a talent!

I better post on this 'cos of my username. I am too young (for once) to have seen him play - any kickbackers see him?

K

post-2401-0-71837000-1295609817_thumb.jpg

Yes i saw him play, in fact when we played footie wi "the big boys" that was the name they gave me. Must have been something to do with the height. Unfortunately the disappointment of watching Hearts lose the cup final in 68 is the match that sticks most in my memory. Little did i know then how much pain and agony i was about to endure for the next 40 years!

The Jimmy Leadbetter mentioned in Alf Ramsey's Ipswich team came from Gorgie. His family had a butchers shop next to Tynie and Leadbetter's pies were famous and sold at Tynecastle.

Aye, a few times. A tricky winger, often on as a sub IIRC. Scored a cracking goal from a very tight angle in a 2-0 win at Parkhead, Ford scored the other. I was'nt there, but it was on the telly that night.

I wasthumbsup.gif

Archived