Players that should be at the top

keithl050

What players should have gone further in there careers but because of injurys never.

Here are a few IMO

Ledley king

Jonathan woodgate

Lee Wilkie (controversial)

Tianjin Jambo

Michael Bridges - scored about 20 premier league goals in his first season at Leeds (after his move from Sunderland), then made just 10 appearances in the next 4 years due to various injuries. Never the same player again!

Still playing in the top flight for Newcastle though...... (the Aussie top flight for the Jets)

Napoleon  Wilson

Ole Gunnar Solskj?r (Was at a massive club but injury limited his appearances)

Michael Mols

I honestly believe that barring injuries, Craig Levein would have been world class. Maybe I'm looking through maroon tinted glasses but he had bags of pace, was strong, brave but most of all he could play football!!

No doubt if this had happened then he would have ****ed off to a bigger club though.

The Treasurer

I honestly believe that barring injuries, Craig Levein would have been world class. Maybe I'm looking through maroon tinted glasses but he had bags of pace, was strong, brave but most of all he could play football!!

No doubt if this had happened then he would have ****ed off to a bigger club though.

If rumours are to be believed Man U were reported to be preparing a bid for Levein just before he was injured.

I've no doubt he would have gone to the very top had he remained injury free.

Another that would have done the same was Alan McLaren.

I also think Stevie Fulton's undeserved reputation for being unfit prevented him from attracting interest from the EPL (thankfully for our sake)

Andrew Driver, may be a bit premature but had he remained injury free after the U21 Euro's when the likes of Burnley were putting bids together I believe he would have moved to a top end championship or lower premiership side and his career would have kicked on. Now the interest in him has fallen away and I wonder if he has missed his chance?

Ronaldo (the proper one)

Marco Van Basten

If those two has stayed injury free, they would have been remembered and talked about in the same was as Maradonna and Pele.

I always though Gary Wales had craacking potential till he broke his leg - I think, and never really got going again when he made his comeback.

Ronaldo (the proper one)

Marco Van Basten

If those two has stayed injury free, they would have been remembered and talked about in the same was as Maradonna and Pele.

They pretty much are almost anyway.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I always thought harry kewell would turn out better. I'd also say jody morris, francis jeffers, magic johnston and owen hargreaves

Lentini he had the world at his feet and then never seemed to fully recover from the car crash or at least mentally never.

Alan Shearer loads of goals but he could have had so many more trophies.

Gazza another who should have done so much more.

Matthias Sammer. He was an old fashion German style sweeper, good on the ball able to bring it out to build the attack.

Not funny... :verymad: This thread is for footballers not arthritic dancers!

No it was about injury spoiling the career, not a handicap

...but....but...he was brilliant, wasn't he? :unsure:

I always though Gary Wales had craacking potential till he broke his leg - I think, and never really got going again when he made his comeback.

I agree but would like to make a key observation, it was Arthur Numan that broke his leg and ruined Gary Wales' career.

Alan Shearer loads of goals but he could have had so many more trophies.

Shearer notched up over 40 appearances in 8 out of his 10 seasons at Newcastle United and made over 20 in the other two

It was his ambition to win things with Newcastle as opposed to at Old Trafford that stopped him accumulating more medals

Shearer notched up over 40 appearances in 8 out of his 10 seasons at Newcastle United and made over 20 in the other two

It was his ambition to win things with Newcastle as opposed to at Old Trafford that stopped him accumulating more medals

The thread is not about how many appearances someone has made and as I said you can't knock his goals.I just think if he had gone to Utd at that time he would have been so much more.Can you really be remembered as a true great having won so little ?

The thread is not about how many appearances someone has made and as I said you can't knock his goals.I just think if he had gone to Utd at that time he would have been so much more.Can you really be remembered as a true great having won so little ?

Read the OP again.

Maybe not, but the debate of wether he was a great player or not will rage on for a few years yet, to be talked about in such away is the next best thing to being a bona fide great.

Read the OP again.

Lol

I started off right and then got caught up in something completely different.Talk about going off track.

Archived