Butcher : "Adam (Rooney) is talking to Hibs....

jambo191

I doubt very much he'll go to Hibs.

They are the fastest sinking ship in UK football and I reckon he'll get at least a few better offers than theirs.

Highly unlikley.

We dont need him and if he wants to go to those mugs then its his loss

Well glen, mole, and clum certainly haven't lived up to any hype (il forgive glen for doin his bit against hibs).

Leaving us only kyle, and elliot. Sure I think rooney could play his part.

I'm not the biggest fan of Rooney, he's going through a purple patch right now but will he continue to improve or at the least consistently score like he has this season? I'd say no, much like Sammon at Kilmarnock.

If it's a pre-contract we could take a chance, he might flourish at a bigger club and we'd fart all over the Hubz in the process.

Rooney to wee team???

Should we attempt? Could even throw clum/mole into the deal!

Surely any player in their right mind would choose us over them.

Make your move vlad :thumbsup:

was Butcher at Well when Clum was on loan there? If so, that plan is surely a no-go! :)

Hibs need players now, not in July. Seems odd they would not offer ICT a nominal sum to get him now.

I presume ICT have released this information to try and flush out other interested parties who might offer a transfer fee.

he would be a complete mug to go to hibs, the graveyard of footballers' ambitions.

would he go for an immediate shot at european football? hardly. he's got 100 times more chance of that at ICT?

would he go for the longer term success prospects? hardly. even the vermin themselves would concede that their horrible club isn't being run for the purpose of football success. any smart thinking player should know by now that hibs are on a slow decline.

would he go for the money? hardly. he might increase his wages a bit but he wont get any more than ?3K per week at fester road. he can get far more in england at a whole host of clubs. he can get far more at tynecastle, possibly even more at dundee united and aberdeen.

what reasons are left for going there?

should we go for him? not sure. one thing's for sure though... if we move then hibs are blown out of the water. they have no aspects of their club which get anywhere near us.

I doubt very much he'll go to Hibs.

They are the fastest sinking ship in UK football and I reckon he'll get at least a few better offers than theirs.

Highly unlikley.

Stranger things have happend.

I very much hope he doesn't go to them, always looked a good prospect, and won't want to see his talent ruined at that joke of a club.

Hibs need players now, not in July. Seems odd they would not offer ICT a nominal sum to get him now.

I presume ICT have released this information to try and flush out other interested parties who might offer a transfer fee.

Come on eh, this is Hibs we're talking about, they'd rather get relegated than pay a small fee for Rooney to get him now.

Trumpets.

Hurts me to say it but he would be a good signing for Hibs.

I like Rooney and always thought he could do a job for us.

Can only hope that a few others (maybe even us??) have been looking at him as well and will move in with bids too now?

winston churchill

Jayjay was right again, despite the doubters. Well done jayjay.

3 days after it was posted over the road.

as for right again:lol:

Rudolf's Mate

Would definitely be a good signing for them but you only have to look at the last game they played against us to see why he'd fail..... There is absolutely no feckin distribution/supply to the forwards. How many chances did they have against us??? They need a striker who may get one half chance and bury it and those types don't come cheap!!!

Winston Ingram

If he really was that good, we would be speaking to him. Because we can, and can offer more cash than Hibs.

Still fail to see the fuss about this guy. Has anyone watched him consistently? His hype is based on goals in the first division. Last in the SPL was on 20th November (3 against this brutal Hibs team).

Gordon Ramsay

If he signs for Hibs now and Petrie doesn't present any cash to sign him in this transfer window, then he'l be joining a team in the First Division come summer time. ICT will still be sitting comfortably in the SPL whereas Hibs will no doubt be languishing in the First Division, bit of a stupid choice by Rooney if he goes but I suppose he is ginger.

3 days after it was posted over the road.

as for right again:lol:

Your extremely tedious and boring mate. You not got a train set or rubix cube to play with???

Don't have the energy just now to do comparisons however how is Rooney's form and goal scoring expolits of late compared to the start of the season.

Should we really be saying - go for it tache-

If that is the standard of player Hibs are setting their sights on then I am fecking delighted.

Lower to mid-table SPL striker, at best.

Maybe they are signing him on the back of last year's form? They are going to need a proven first division striker soon enough.

If Rooney is that good how come only Hibs and some Russian club are in for him ?

Smacks (excuse the pun) of desperation!

Maroon tinted glasses 2

1. 14 first team players out of contract at the end of the season with no apparent interest from anyone to take them.

2. The tache wont sign anyone else until he moves some of the existing duds on as he couldnt risk the large hike in wages for the next few months and not ballancing it with selling on fees.

3. Newest complete stadium in Scottish football but a rapidly decreasing fan turnout.

4. Manager who either does not have a clue or is not respected by the players.

5. Based in Lochend.

6. High risk of relegation.

7. large chance there will be a change in manager by next season.

8. No idea of who your team mates will be next season.

So if you where a player with any sort of ambition would you sign for them?

Drylaw Hearts

Jayjay was right again, despite the doubters. Well done jayjay.

The article says Rooney was in talks yesterday and jayjay said he was in talks a fortnight ago.

Heard nowt about us as yet mate. I asked the question is there any Hearts interest in Rooney and there wasn't as far as the guy was aware but it looks like he will sign for Hibs he's been in talks with them for the last few days apparently!

I may be splitting hairs but I just like to keep JKB right on these matters.

Cardiac Rucksack

The article says Rooney was in talks yesterday and jayjay said he was in talks a fortnight ago.

I may be splitting hairs but I just like to keep JKB right on these matters.

To be fair to jayjay(no saying he didnt steal it from tramps.net)transfers are protracted. It also wouldnt be the first time hibs have bypassed a club to talk to a player available on a free in 6months time. Scummy little club.

scott herbertson

To be fair to jayjay(no saying he didnt steal it from tramps.net)transfers are protracted. It also wouldnt be the first time hibs have bypassed a club to talk to a player available on a free in 6months time. Scummy little club.

It's quite likely meaney rod offered a tiny wage/ transfer fee last time but desperation has made him unglue the wallet and ease out the large 10 shilling notes

I still don't think he'll got to Hibs.

Certainly not whilst they're SPL future isn't certain.

;)

On current form, their future looks certain.

I also do not think that Rooney will sign for Hibs.

Archived