Glasgow Hearts Football Team Members

Captain Sausage

Captain Sausage

We have just started a student team up in the Glasgow City Centre, and are looking for teams to play. Is the Hearts Glasgow 5's groups still going? If so, would there be potential for 11-a-side friendly?

Mods, please remove if not in the right place.

Cheers,

HJ

Captain Sausage

We're all students from around Scotland who live in Glasgow. Only two Hearts fans though :(.

3 Ross County fans though haha. I know there is a bunch of Hearts fans who get together and play and we were hoping to get a few games against them.

We aren't in a league just now, but we played a team called Glasgow South a couple of times, they are top of Div 2 or 3 in the GSAFA and they are saying getting into the league shouldn't be a problem next season.

Lucky yous, Yous any good? Need a defender? haha. Bit unfit mind you...

Didnt realise there were so many Student Hearts fans in Glasgow, good to know theres more people like myself!

Snake Plissken

Well let us know and we'll see about getting some 11s sorted.

Would this be a Real Maroon outing or just a Glasgow 8s thing?

I'd be up for playing.

Captain Sausage

We are looking for games just now just to get everyone used to playing with each other which I think would probably help when we join a league.

Borthers, would you be able to organise 11 players for a game a week on Monday or something? Glasgow Green would be ideal for us.

FWIW, having played a bit of amateur football in Glasgow, I know it has a (well deserved) reputation for being just physical hoofball, but our team is all just students who like to play, not going to get much hassle from us. :)

The People's Chimp

Definitely keen for a game of 11s. I nominate Big John for player manager.

We can book the pitch at glas green on thursdays for 11s, or we could even get the grass pitch - it's more expensive though.

The People's Chimp

We are looking for games just now just to get everyone used to playing with each other which I think would probably help when we join a league.

Borthers, would you be able to organise 11 players for a game a week on Monday or something? Glasgow Green would be ideal for us.

FWIW, having played a bit of amateur football in Glasgow, I know it has a (well deserved) reputation for being just physical hoofball, but our team is all just students who like to play, not going to get much hassle from us. :)

Would you sort the pitch? Just being a student you'll have a bit of time on your hands...thumbsup.gif

Big Hearts community through here mate....and most of us are settled here and out of uni too.

We play 8-a-sides every Wednesday at Glasgow Green. Places are in big demand, but you can register your interest on the Glasgow 7s forum down towards the bottom of the JKB home page.

It's a pity your brother cannae play. :whistling:

The People's Chimp

You should maybe look to join one of the morning amateur leagues then, they are a lot less 'robust'.

How does a Wednesday suit you? We usually play on that night.

You can't get the 11s artificial pitch on a wed, but you can get the grass pitch.

Captain Sausage

How much is the grass pitch? I need to go pick up one of those council cards that lets me book pitches on Monday.

We are (as students) free every night, except Friday, you know, business day.

I will sort the pitch out, but is it 3-G astro or the sandy stuff? We will play on anything, but I think we'd rather play 3-G or grass.

It might have to be after next week cause I need to get the card, but would Monday 31st Jan be viable for you guys? Are the pitches bookable on a Monday?

Captain Sausage

Ok, I'll get on that at the start of next week. Are there any days which are a no-no for booking for you guys (Wednesdays for one, I assume), for the chance that Monday isn't viable?

all the glasgow 7s or 8s info as it now is can be found here -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/61-glasgow-7s/

I run it houstonjambo. I remember speaking to you a while back about it I think. no idea how much booking the 11s pitch would be or if it would even be free at any point. the other days (apart from wednesdays) are used for teams to train on and games too I presume. you could phone them up and ask.

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Sports_Fitness/FootballCentres/GlasgowGreen/

would be well up for getting a 11s game on the go though.

The People's Chimp

http://www.hmfckickb.../61-glasgow-7s/

I run it houstonjambo. I remember speaking to you a while back about it I think. no idea how much booking the 11s pitch would be or if it would even be free at any point. the other days (apart from wednesdays) are used for teams to train on and games too I presume. you could phone them up and ask.

http://www.glasgow.g...s/GlasgowGreen/

I played for a team for a few months but left due to the aforementioned "robustness" - team mates fighting each other, captain/organiser subbing best player who was on summer leave from Rob Roy juniors for taking a free kick in manner not hoped for by captain i.e. didn't hoof it, keeper called "uncle" running length of pitch to smack an opposition player...it goes on and on. And this was only over the period of a few friendlies to get the team up and running. Total farce from start to finish. Anyway, the point being that most of our games were on the astro pitch at Glasgow green and were I think either tues or wed nights. Not sure, but you can certainly book the pitch on a few nights.

Definitely keen for a game of 11s. I nominate Big John for player manager.

We can book the pitch at glas green on thursdays for 11s, or we could even get the grass pitch - it's more expensive though.

Funny this because today a boy in the work offered us a wee match between Hearts finest and his Dumbarton supporting 5 a side pals. So another possible challenge if it suits. Did agree though that Clydebank would best suit as a halfway meet.

We can discuss at our leisure.

Woohoo we're invading ra weej :)

Didn't realise there were so many of us through here !

Loads of Jambos in Glasgow now, Dex.

Captain Sausage

Hey guys,

Pitch is booked for 8-10pm on Tuesday 1st of February. Hopefully this is okay for you guys?

jamboinglasgow

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/forum/61-glasgow-7s/

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Sports_Fitness/FootballCentres/GlasgowGreen/

I remember the times when we struggled to get enough for a five a side game. it appears to have got much better since I left...

The People's Chimp

Hey guys,

Pitch is booked for 8-10pm on Tuesday 1st of February. Hopefully this is okay for you guys?

Great stuff.

Captain Sausage

Do you guys want a proper ref or you fine for just someone from each team to take a half each? Saves some cash and means its only 40 quid per squad for the pitch, no other costs.

Got ten players already and still to hear from another few lads. So it's def game on.

We will be playing in maroon BTW.

Captain Sausage

7-4.

Great to play a game where people are not just beating hell out of each other. Thought you guys dominated some of the second half, but we had (thankfully) done the damage by then.

The penalty was a stone-waller though, it was me who went down, I got clipped by the right back. I wouldn't have gone down if I could have stayed up because I was through on the keeper. Same thing happened at the other end, where I stayed up and managed to put the ball away (at the second attempt!).

Couple of your goals looked excellent, and we all had a great time playing you!

Cheers,

HJ.

Johnnie (#9) (me) - 3

Amir (#10) - 2

Chris (#15) - 1

Colin (#1) (goalkeeper) - 1

The People's Chimp

7-4.

Great to play a game where people are not just beating hell out of each other. Thought you guys dominated some of the second half, but we had (thankfully) done the damage by then.

The penalty was a stone-waller though, it was me who went down, I got clipped by the right back. I wouldn't have gone down if I could have stayed up because I was through on the keeper. Same thing happened at the other end, where I stayed up and managed to put the ball away (at the second attempt!).

Couple of your goals looked excellent, and we all had a great time playing you!

Cheers,

HJ.

Johnnie (#9) (me) - 3

Amir (#10) - 2

Chris (#15) - 1

Colin (#1) (goalkeeper) - 1

Can I just say that I wasn't at right back at the time of the penalty, ta.

Of course it was a pen. Stonewaller, I don't think anyone was denying that. What about a few of the decisions second half though...rolleyes.gif

decent game last night and as a result we have been challenged again.

lee and his Liverpool supporting mates want a game too. gonna try say the tuesday the 22nd just now and go from there.

Malcolm Tucker

Finished Strathy Bananas 7-4 Glasgow Jambos.

Very enjoyable game played in good spirit with a boisterous crowd!

Goals for the maroons from Isaiah Mustafa, Yiggy and Borthers (2).

Good performances from IM, audioslave (rip), Harrow, Paul and a steadying shift at right back from Liquidator.

Strathy boys numbers 9 and 10 were terrific and the team took their chances clinically.

All the best lads. Be up for another of those games again soon.

Suck on that PTBCAL.

Archived