16,000 Sold for Rangers

Clerry Jambo

Im unemployed but lucky enough to have an ST. Also, im not trying to ruffle a few feathers but i still think its poor we can`t rustle up just another 2000 odd fans on top of ST holders for a big game. We may yet of course, but even at this stage i think its poor it isn`t sold out.

FFs, there`s thousands of Hearts fans.

Im unemployed but lucky enough to have an ST. Also, im not trying to ruffle a few feathers but i still think its poor we can`t rustle up just another 2000 odd fans on top of ST holders for a big game. We may yet of course, but even at this stage i think its poor it isn`t sold out.

Ofcourse your correct Debut but I don't think there is the amount of "believers" that people on here imagine.

Lets be fair, our crowds have stood up well albeit we are having a good season so far.

But the attendances have been fairly constant 12-13 thousand for non OF games - yes it's good for the club to have as many season ticket holders as possible but I have always advocated that our walk up punters are just as important but that really hasn't risen much despite our good form.

2 wins in the next 6 days and just watch what will happen.

We are all still a little wary of having 100% belief in the team -- the number of times when we have been kicked right where it hurts reminds us of this.

Win the next 2 and next week will bring an outburst of 'Believe' once more -- we may well see a return to 2005/6 excitement levels at the match against St Johnstone.

But lets be honest we as Hearts fans travel in hope rather than expectation -- still can't get that feeling out of my head.

RoussetsShorts

A cash turnstile would get a fair few bodies through the gates but would have nothing like the impact a standing section would, IMHO a 1500 capacity standing area would mean Tynecastle would be sold out already.

Skivingatwork

A cash turnstile would get a fair few bodies through the gates but would have nothing like the impact a standing section would, IMHO a 1500 capacity standing area would mean Tynecastle would be sold out already.

Absolutely, can you imagine a standing section charging ?10-15 a pop.

It would be sold out first every home game and absolutely bouncing.

Don't see why this isn't possible if properly organised, ticket only and over 16/18s only.

RoussetsShorts

Absolutely, can you imagine a standing section charging ?10-15 a pop.

It would be sold out first every home game and absolutely bouncing.

Don't see why this isn't possible if properly organised, ticket only and over 16/18s only.

My wet dream would be the entire lower section of the Wheatfield as standing, imagine the atmos at that, even better if they put a big fence up and we could all climb up it and burn hibs scarves from the top.

:yas: :yas: :yas:

Skivingatwork

My wet dream would be the entire lower section of the Wheatfield as standing, imagine the atmos at that, even better if they put a big fence up and we could all climb up it and burn hibs scarves from the top.

:yas: :yas: :yas:

With a 'Welcome To Hell' banner right along the fence :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just tried to send you a PM Debut4, is your inbox full?

:thumbsup:

Hackney Hearts

Just purchased an extra ticket for wheatfield only single seats left. Think it will be a sell out.

Just got mine - as you say, only single seats left.

8.50 flight from Stansted. Can't wait!

The Treasurer

It not selling out might be something to do with the outrageous ticket prices. Bought a ticket for myself and my dad yesterday. An adult and a student, ?47.50. Unacceptable.

Not having a go at you personally but I've never understood why students get concession tickets.

It's their choice to go to Uni or College, no-one has forced them to, so why should they be in the same category as pensioners or school kids when it comes to paying their way.

This applies to many things not just football.

Not having a go at you personally but I've never understood why students get concession tickets.

It's their choice to go to Uni or College, no-one has forced them to, so why should they be in the same category as pensioners or school kids when it comes to paying their way.

To encourage them to part with their cash.

The Treasurer

To encourage them to part with their cash.

I just don't see why someone who CHOOSES to take further education should receive discounted access to all kinds of leisure activities when others who, through no fault of their own (unemployed, low paid etc) are unable to afford such luxuries but don't get hand outs offered to them that students do.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Because they shouldn't have to lose out if they make a decision to forgo early earnings in favour of potentially earning more in later life, where they'll more than likely make up for it.

I just don't see why someone who CHOOSES to take further education should receive discounted access to all kinds of leisure activities when others who, through no fault of their own (unemployed, low paid etc) are unable to afford such luxuries but don't get hand outs offered to them that students do.

Because it isn't really about fairness. It makes good business sense for clubs to give discounts to students, as most students will end up being reasonably off in later life, and may become regular season ticket holders for a long time, thus making the club much more than they lose by giving the discount now.

Nearly everyone has the choice to go on further education (From a wide range of ages). If you didn't then don't hate people that do.

I WAS a student and proud of the fact I took ADVANTAGE of that.

:pinilla:

Damn me for getting a better life for myself. :teehee:

Commander Harris

you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's not some benefit handed out to students, it's an enticement that the clubs use to get in customers who, generally, wouldn't necesarily be willing/able to pay full price. A commercial company is choosing to maximise its revenue by having a special offer targeted at a certain demographic. As far as I can see no one is forcing them to do so so I imagine it must work out for them.

In the case of publicly funded/council run things, like leisure centres etc you may have a point except that the unemployed, low paid etc can also get discounts there!

(P.S. I'm not a student!)

I'd be really disappointed if we didn't sell out tomorrow.

What are people waiting on? A really good run of results before they'll invest ?25 in their club? Oh, wait..........

There have been a few occasions in the recent past when Rangers fans have been in the Wheatfield.Our recent good run of form will,as a side issue,maybe lessen the hassle which may ensue i.e. more Jambos snapping up the tickets before they do.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

There have been a few occasions in the recent past when Rangers fans have been in the Wheatfield.Our recent good run of form will,as a side issue,maybe lessen the hassle which may ensue i.e. more Jambos snapping up the tickets before they do.

The seat next to me isn't taken up by an ST holder and there's usually different people in it for derbies and OF games. More than once I've wondered whether the guy next to me is a Jambo or not. At the Celtic game this season I wasn't convinced by the guy next to me so I doubled my efforts in terms of hurling abuse at the away fans/team. He didn't come back after half time!

The seat next to me isn't taken up by an ST holder and there's usually different people in it for derbies and OF games. More than once I've wondered whether the guy next to me is a Jambo or not. At the Celtic game this season I wasn't convinced by the guy next to me so I doubled my efforts in terms of hurling abuse at the away fans/team. He didn't come back after half time!

Had a couple of them myself,mate.Hopefully our good form will mean they don't get in but TBH i think there will still be a few.

For as long as the Wheatfield has been up the problem has been there.A Section G incident a fewq years back comes to mind.;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Had a couple of them myself,mate.Hopefully our good form will mean they don't get in but TBH i think there will still be a few.

For as long as the Wheatfield has been up the problem has been there.A Section G incident a fewq years back comes to mind.;)

I thought you were talking about me specifically for a minute there! :lol:

What was this incident, must have been before my time?

ToadKiller Dog

I dont have a problem with cheap student tickets except that i think apprentices and other youths on training for work should qualify .

Iknow in my 1st and 2nd year learning a trade i was worse off than my student friends .

I think they should do a catch all under 21 ticket price as well as under 16s and under 12s prices and of course the oap price . Adults over 21 to 65 should pay full price what ever the situation .

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I dont have a problem with cheap student tickets except that i think apprentices and other youths on training for work should qualify .

Iknow in my 1st and 2nd year learning a trade i was worse off than my student friends .

I think they should do a catch all under 21 ticket price as well as under 16s and under 12s prices and of course the oap price . Adults over 21 to 65 should pay full price what ever the situation .

Agree with that.

The Treasurer

Because it isn't really about fairness. It makes good business sense for clubs to give discounts to students, as most students will end up being reasonably off in later life, and may become regular season ticket holders for a long time, thus making the club much more than they lose by giving the discount now.

But I thought every student will be in debt up to their eyeballs for the rest of their lives by having to actually pay for the privilege of further education ohmy.gif

The Treasurer

There's enough very "mature" looking 16 year olds going in the child gate as it is without upping the age limit to 21 laugh.gif

I thought you were talking about me specifically for a minute there! :lol:

What was this incident, must have been before my time?

God knows,mate Wheatfield wasn't open too long.Involved hooped demons....you can guess the rest!

Nothing too major but they were removed for their own safety.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

God knows,mate Wheatfield wasn't open too long.Involved hooped demons....you can guess the rest!

Nothing too major but they were removed for their own safety.

Hopefully they now realise it's not safe for them to sit in our areas.

ToadKiller Dog

There's enough very "mature" looking 16 year olds going in the child gate as it is without upping the age limit to 21 laugh.gif

If i mind right a good few were caught out doing just that a we while back the club mentioned it on the web site, i wonder what happened to them ? .

Hopefully they now realise it's not safe for them to sit in our areas.

That's the original point i was making though,mate.Others have already mentioned it regarding our good form and the fact there are still tickets left.Leaves it open for old firm interlopers!

Not having a go at any Jambos not being able to attend tomorrow.Not my bag!

We've all been in a position where we couldn't attend so i'm not going there.Place will be rocking hopefully!

16,000 is only just over 1000 short of a sell out. I reckon by tomorrow kick off we'll have more or less sold out

We have sold over 16500 seats now!

Your mistaken, we need the Old Firm to survive. didn't you know that?

They are our life blood.

Mna I hope we do those ***** over.

to all those who didnt purchase a ticket, you have allowed my bro in law to walk up and purchase a ticket today. He has only managed 3games this season, killie home 0-3, falkirk away 3-4 and st johnstone 0-1.

I will post a picture of him later, please feel free to block his entry to the stadium tomorrow.

to all those who didnt purchase a ticket, you have allowed my bro in law to walk up and purchase a ticket today. He has only managed 3games this season, killie home 0-3, falkirk away 3-4 and st johnstone 0-1.

I will post a picture of him later, please feel free to block his entry to the stadium tomorrow.

Get your sister to do the bizz just when he's about to go to the game :whistling: hide the ticket I mean?!

Archived