Supermarkets sneaky way to raise prices

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

I notice in Supermarkets that a lot of things that used to be 6 packs have now changed to 5 but are the same price or slightly dearer, also my Mrs bought her usual conditioner but it had changed from 500ml to 750ml but was now double the price :unsure:

Aye, it's the supermarkets that are in control of that right enough...

unless you're buying own brand stuff, in which case my sarcastic response is unjustified.

Supermarkets change their prices all the time..

They highlight the ones that have been 'reduced' very well and you think your getting a bargain, ie. bottle of coke for 80p or something, but on the next isle the beans have gone up 15p.... Its all psychological, as long as you think you are getting enough bargains then you will be happy.

The price of Cheese is one thing that amazes me! up and down like a fat boy on a pogo stick

Supermarkets change their prices all the time..

They highlight the ones that have been 'reduced' very well and you think your getting a bargain, ie. bottle of coke for 80p or something, but on the next isle the beans have gone up 15p.... Its all psychological, as long as you think you are getting enough bargains then you will be happy.

The price of Cheese is one thing that amazes me! up and down like a fat boy on a pogo stick

The dairy markets have been all over the place for the last couple of years tbh, as for the OP it is generally manufacturer imposed price increases/pack size changes !!

Archived