Old Firm Attitude to winning and team in general.

Robbo27_22

Last nights thread on the game got my goat.

Since when do we chuck the towel in so easily? Even before the game had started a fair few had wrote us off.

This Hearts team has answered almost all of the questions posed of them - two bad defeats in the cups and four league defeats into January ain't too bad in my book. We're scoring goals, we're not conceding too many, there is a re-ignited passion in the squad, Jeffries in on fire in terms of rejuvenating the squad and getting the best out of the second string and in general, we have feck all to moan about.

Not surprisingly, JKB finds a way!

I just don't get it - what else do they have to do? I get that we're not as effective without Kyle and Skacel but how about giving some other guys the chance to prove themselves?

Would the Old Firm fans have the team beat before they took to the pitch in the SPL? Any co-incidence that they win most games?

Bit of a rant but I just can't believe we're on our best form for 5 years and still some can't just believe in the team and management.

I was the main culprit last night but I just had an awful feeling. I didn't do it as I feel that we are above defeat in anmy way shape or form, I just felt all round sh1tty about the night.

I genuienly think we will take the Huns tho.

I was the main culprit last night but I just had an awful feeling. I didn't do it as I feel that we are above defeat in anmy way shape or form, I just felt all round sh1tty about the night.

I genuienly think we will take the Huns tho.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

I don't think now is the time to be having a go at fellow supporters mate. Four months of decent results isn't going to automatically install a winning mentality into the fans. The OF supporters have had decades of practice at it.

The team were gash against St Johnstone and with our top players out i don't blame anyone for not thinking 100% positively for the Killie game. I had my doubts too.

Thankfully our team look to have more about them than some of our fans do (me included) and they went out and got another fantastic result.

Well done to Jambo's who predicted a win last night. To those who didn't think we could get something from it - well i bet they are absolutely delighted at being proved wrong.

I don't see what people not being as optimistic as you causes you annoyance.

We're Hearts fans, we've been through enough shit not to get too carried away and always expect the worse. It's not like anyone wants us to lose.

It's a Hearts thing mate.

Too many dissapointments in the past has given some of us an almost default position of 'glass half full' at times.

Remember this is a club who have invented new ways to **** things up over the years.

We've had our cup wins, which most of thought we would never see. but the league is different. It is the holy grail. I think some people subconsiously talk it down because they cannot bare the thought of being there and having it snatched away again.

Obviously i am the amateur psychologist the night.

Ken.

Maybe if we'd spent the past 20 years winning trophy after trophy the fans psyche' would be different? :ermm: We don't have a winning mentality because a cup win every so often is what we're used to. Until we get to the stage where finishing 2nd is considered a bad season, there's nothing wrong with keeping a level head. We haven't earned the right to be arrogant, yet.

Some of us still thought we could win last night.

I think some people are so used to disappointment at Hearts that they come to expect it now.

you can see this mentality at our home games probably the reason were better away from home and away from the whingers. no matter where you sit there's a negative moaner within a couple of feet.

Some of us still thought we could win last night.

I think some people are so used to disappointment at Hearts that they come to expect it now.

Every week I say to myself that if we are serious then we need to win this one. Well we keep winning so Rangers here we ******** go!

We're probably too used to failure unfortunately so it's understandable that folk talk down our chances. I must admit I thought we would lose when we went behind last night so I was delighted we bounced back.

Lets face it in Scotland we can only predict two things with near certainty -

1) The OF will win the league (hopefully this will be wrong but any pundits predicting otherwise will be ridiculed)

2) Hibs will not win the Scottish Cup :rolleyes:

I just hope that I can live to see the day when we can confidently predict wins of trophies never mind games on a regular basis

Maybe if we'd spent the past 20 years winning trophy after trophy the fans psyche' would be different? :ermm: We don't have a winning mentality because a cup win every so often is what we're used to. Until we get to the stage where finishing 2nd is considered a bad season, there's nothing wrong with keeping a level head. We haven't earned the right to be arrogant, yet.

Good post :thumbsup:

We're Hearts fans, we've been through enough shit not to get too carried away and always expect the worse. It's not like anyone wants us to lose.

I agree with this.

What difference to the team on the pitch does the opinions of some pessimistic Hearts fans talking on the internet?

jeezo.

the team had just had a very poor show in the cup and had gone out. we were going to missing some key players and were playing away at one of the in form sides in the league.

people were simply saying that it was going to be pretty tough. i don't think i saw a single critical comment about the managerial team or the squad in general. there were some comments about a few of the fringe players who were looking like getting a game. those were players who have failed to shine in the past, it's only natural that people were slightly worried that we were facing a defeat.

in essence the OP's "rant" about an over-reaction to some difficulties has in fact turned out to be just another over-reaction.

what goes around, comes around.

I agree with this.

What difference to the team on the pitch does the opinions of some pessimistic Hearts fans talking on the internet?

it makes a big difference to the atmosphere at games, whtch affects what happens on the pitch, there's no doubt that the players feel it and the abuse some of them must here being shouted at them must have an effect. at home we should be way better with the backing of our fans but i've not witnessed any of that. no matter what the score is there's players that get moaned at no matter what they do or whether were winning.

it makes a big difference to the atmosphere at games, whtch affects what happens on the pitch, there's no doubt that the players feel it and the abuse some of them must here being shouted at them must have an effect. at home we should be way better with the backing of our fans but i've not witnessed any of that. no matter what the score is there's players that get moaned at no matter what they do or whether were winning.

How do players on the field, feel internet Hearts fans chatting online?

Were you at the game last night?

The away support was great and supported the team well, even at a goal down.

The team looked like a different prospect in the 2nd half and the away fans were on top, top form.

mahgrassyshoes

I've been waiting for a thread like this to pop up.

I was at the game last night and was sitting near the back in the middle. Just as the the players came out of the tunnel and everyone shouted there c'mon the hearts, a guy 2 or 3 rows in front shouted, "C'mon hearts... *turned round and looked at everyone* C'mon the hearts fans." About 10 seconds later pretty much the whole stand was singing the hearts song and you could see straight from the kick off that players took a bit of hearts from that. So well done that man for me! And JJ for the Elliott, i think that helped too.

The winning mentality and expectation won't come over night, but we are getting there. I always quote this, and it sticks in my throat a bit because they're the last people who deserve credit or we should be using as examples, but when you go to parkhead as soon as you they get to the last third the whole ground stands with expectation. I've noticed that creeping in at tynie, and long may it continue. We will get there.

Moral of the story is, let's get right behind the team and be positive because we can beat anyone put in front of us at the minute!

J.T.F.Robertson

Pessimism's part of my genetic makeup, nature has decreed me to be a miserable bassa. :(

Guest John Meurig Thomas

The team looked like a different prospect in the 2nd half and the away fans were on top, top form.

Disagree.

One persons outlook on a game or season can differ from the next man hence football forums,that winning mentality or attitude goes out the window with the old firm glory seekers as soon as the other is goin to win the league and then the crowd goes down by thousands,we on the other hand are not in uncharted territory but still bein in with a shout in the league is aposition to enjoy and just see where it takes us

How do players on the field, feel internet Hearts fans chatting online?

Were you at the game last night?

if it stayed on the internet fine but it doesn't, the atmosphere at tynie is shit, away is 10 times better and so is our form

if it stayed on the internet fine but it doesn't, the atmosphere at tynie is shit, away is 10 times better and so is our form

True.

The guy was talking about people chucking in the towel online though.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Think the team had something to prove after the defeat to Super Saints and the last result against against Killie.

If we can go in with that attitude, that we have something to prove then we will win most games.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I thought it was pretty good in the 2nd half.

It was good for about five minutes after the second half kicked off, and then again for the last twenty minutes.

The abuse coming from some folk around me, screaming death threats at the players, booing the team etc was shocking in the first half though.

Commander Harris

It was good for about five minutes after the second half kicked off, and then again for the last twenty minutes.

The abuse coming from some folk around me, screaming death threats at the players, booing the team etc was shocking in the first half though.

yeah, sorry about that. :shy:

you can see this mentality at our home games probably the reason were better away from home and away from the whingers. no matter where you sit there's a negative moaner within a couple of feet.

Got to agree with this TBH but there is a doom and gloom merchant just down from me who is at it all the time. But he's an older boy maybe about 65ish?

Always giving it the "aw here we go - same old Hearts" sort of thing. And sometimes it really does my head in.

Having said that

I can well remember "that day" of "that season" like it was yesterday. That pain will never ever go away for me. and I will never set myself up for a fall like that again until (please god) the day I see us win the league.

Chances are that old boy being the age he is has seen that happen twice!!

Maybe he's the same?

yeah, sorry about that. :shy:

Yeah?? I was up in one of the corners. There was not too many people near me to be honest.

When did this become fashionable?

I think this is a problem not just at Hearts but at most clubs now. Booing has become widespread and not just confined to teams who are pony. Chelsea lost a few games and were getting booed off the park, that is the current Premier League champions we are talking about.

It surely comes down to the type of people who are attending football games now does it not?

One thing is for sure, anybody booing this Hearts team needs hunted.

Commander Harris

Yeah?? I was up in one of the corners. There was not too many people near me to be honest.

I'm (obviously) joking that is was me but yes, there were quite a few folk round us shouting all manner of nonsense.

Cardiac Rucksack

I was there last night. Support was decent second half. Would have been better on a saturday with a few for refreshments to get people bouncing.

folk booing are the dregs it has to be said. there's just no place for it.

folk booing the team when they've done what they've done for us this season.... just utter roasters.

Last nights thread on the game got my goat.

Since when do we chuck the towel in so easily? Even before the game had started a fair few had wrote us off.

This Hearts team has answered almost all of the questions posed of them - two bad defeats in the cups and four league defeats into January ain't too bad in my book. We're scoring goals, we're not conceding too many, there is a re-ignited passion in the squad, Jeffries in on fire in terms of rejuvenating the squad and getting the best out of the second string and in general, we have feck all to moan about.

Not surprisingly, JKB finds a way!

I just don't get it - what else do they have to do? I get that we're not as effective without Kyle and Skacel but how about giving some other guys the chance to prove themselves?

Would the Old Firm fans have the team beat before they took to the pitch in the SPL? Any co-incidence that they win most games?

Bit of a rant but I just can't believe we're on our best form for 5 years and still some can't just believe in the team and management.

Makes a mockery of the knee jerkers mate. A games lasts 90 minutes...think some have forgotten that. And as you say, we have a community(albeit small luckily) of fans who just can`t think positive before a ball is kicked and always look at the down side.

Francis Albert

We are always just one defeat or even one lost goal away from an outbreak of gloom and "we're gash" type comments. I think it's a feature of the internet/phone ins etc that people get more worked up about bad news than good. If we'd lost on Tuesday there would have been numeroue "the end is nigh" threads, as it is there was more fuss about Hibs losing than Hearts winning. The confirmation that Obua is not a striker (or if you must "not a player") brought forth a multi-pager of rants. The hugely encouraging in-form return of Wallace got much less comment.

Fortunately the internet and phone-ins don't matter. What annoys me more is when fans at games get on the backs of players who make mistakes or have an off-day, and I have to say Hearts fans are among the worst for this, as some non-Hearts fans I have taken along to Hearts games have commented.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I think it was more the people who were saying such things as "Aw Obua's playing FFS, the players might as well not bother getting changed, the fans might as well turn and head for home, I GAURANTEE (sic) that we won't score tonight" that the OP is getting at.

I agree with him, the suicide squad on here are brutal.

I was pretty scathing about our fortunes when we are without KK and RS and esp. when we play Obua up front.

I was also still pissed off from an awful cup defeat to St J and let my emotions take control of me for the worse... I genuinely think we have a good squad with some exceptions, however it still isn't as good as the OF and for all their apparent weaknesses we still have to play them each another 3 times and beat them... history in the making if we did... can't see it though.

I am up for the challenge as I'm sure the rest of us are and even the players... it showed against Killie and I was delighted to have been made to look foolish.

A full strength Hearts against der hun at the weekend and a jumping Tynecastle in full voice and finally Hearts will raise a lot of eyebrows... these next couple of games will define our season... and I think we'll do it!

'mon the Hearts!

Archived