The Hearts Song on Vinyl

Stuart Lyon

Stuart Lyon

My son is 21 today and over the years his mum has put things from the intervening years away as mementoes. We have just unearthed a copy of a Sportseen Records vinyl disc with the Hearts song on the 'A' side and a Hearts Medley on side 'B'. It is by the Hearts Squad featuring Colin Chisholm and the Glasgow Banch. The cover has Sandy Jardine, Wallace Mercer and Alex McDonald on the front. It also has some advertising for Marshall's Chunky Chicken.

I know there will be lots of you who have this record but just thought I would mention it. I now need to find a way of getting it on to iTunes.

We also found an autograph book of his from a fan's event held at Harry Ramdens in Newhaven circa 1995 when Tommy McLean was manager. Among the signatures I can decipher are; Tommy McLan, Stevie Frail, Nicky Walker and Alan Lawrence.

Carl Weathers

I've got the vinyl and all mixes on the pc - I can upload them later on and pm you a link if you'd like?

Carl Weathers
Carl that's a great offer I can't refuse thank you.

No problem. Doing it now - each track is only taking a couple minutes to upload.

I just listen to the Chunky Chicken song - a classic!

Reading that made me look to make sure my Hector Nicol Boys in maroon was there still there.

Nowt to play it on though..

Stuart Lyon

Le Chat nothing wrong with Mac users - just because we are more enlightened no need to get cheeky.

I've got that vinyl record too. Its great.

"Marshalls, Chunky chicken champions!" Tremendous!

Le Chat nothing wrong with Mac users - just because we are more enlightened no need to get cheeky.

:rofl:

You got it.

A cut above the rest, I'd say. :cool:

Mac users are a bunch of bearded, corduroy wearing pansies who love tofu and yoga. ;)

I know two people who use Macs and they're complete bawhawks :laugh:

Reading that made me look to make sure my Hector Nicol Boys in maroon was there still there.

I hope you've destroyed the B side. ;)

Mac users are a bunch of bearded, corduroy wearing pansies who love tofu and yoga. ;)

Not to mention real ale and "natural" women.

Ha, that brings back memories. Me and my brother are on the front cover. The two kids at the bottom right. I'm the one with the hat on. What's disturbed me looking at it again years later is the dodgy looking peadophile beside us. Lucky that was a cut and paste job!

That was a funny/bad year for me, was also on the front page of the sunday post crying with my brother and old man, the day we lost the league at dundee.

Stuart Lyon

Thanks Scott I thought that was what it was. As a Mac user I have no experience of having eaten it. No cords either and as for real ale since McEwns cask conditioned 80/- was withdrawn and draught Bass isn't readily available in Edinburgh, I can't be accused of being a 'real ale' person.

You PC users have identified yourselves as lager drinking, fast food, cavemen.

Watch out for the next ice age,

Carl Weathers
Can anyone see the 2 scouser mates talking to each other on the front cover?

Middle, left. Calm down, calm down!

I have got a MAC how do I upload the songs? I can go on to the link and view the covers but don't know how to get the tunes, cheers.

Quite apt that discussion of this record should take place at Easter as it was on Easter Monday 1986 that the recording was finalised. The 'B' side took ages because Archie McPherson kept making a complete **** of the highlighted goals, despite the fact that I had quite clearly drawn out descriptions of each goal and mentioned all players in the moves.

Hard to believe how long ago that was, as it seems like just the other day.

Vasco

tasteless gunk

I have a standing invitation to be entertained at a Michelin-starred tofu restaurant in Tokyo.

I am not in a hurry to take it up.:boak:

Its absolutely quality by far the best Hearts record all the others since have been mince. I had it on vinyl and have since lost it, does anyone know of anywhere where it can be purchased? Or even better can anyone transfer it on to CD? I would be willing to pay good money for it on CD, cheers.

Stuart Lyon

I have with the great help from Carl weathers managed to download it to iTunes. I would be more than happy to put it on a CD for you jamief9.

Stuart Lyon

Not that rare as I suggested in my original post. I don't know where I got it from but sadly the poster is missing from the copy I have.

Archived