Kilmarnock 1-2 Hearts

Praha06

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9367279.stm

As it says.

:thumbsup:

Having seen the highlights Ive got to say we got very lucky with Zal's clearance onto his own bar, a very good save by Kello at the end. How on earth Elliott didnt get his hattrick at the end as well is beyond me.

They seemed to get in behind us on a few occasions in the second half, hopefully just cos we were pushing on for the win.

Top save from Kello at the end there. Great to see him back and what a finish from Elliott for the first. Superb stuff. We're grinding results out like the old firm normally do :thumbsup:

A couple of points,

I noticed a few people on the other highlights thread commenting that we were fortunate to get away with Glens challenge in the build up for the winner......It wasn't a foul. It wasn't even close to being a foul.

Kellos save at the end was nothing other than ordinary.

Drylaw Hearts

A couple of points,

I noticed a few people on the other highlights thread commenting that we were fortunate to get away with Glens challenge in the build up for the winner......It wasn't a foul. It wasn't even close to being a foul.

Kellos save at the end was nothing out the ordinary, very routine.

The save looked far, far better from the other end of the pitch.

The highlights make it look like we were pretty lucky but that was not the case. In the second half we were by far the more dominant team and Killie were hardly in the game. They have shown a Killie chance that was offside but not shown the numerous Wallace runs and crosses that could have led to goals.

The save looked far, far better from the other end of the pitch.

I wasnt there but ple at the game said it looked as good as Gordons versus Motherwell.Just shows how deceiving it can be. A good save but youd have been annoyed if he let it in. Still, great to have him back.

I though Zal's 'error' wasnt too bad either. He had to get to it or Sammon wouldve scored, good judgement just poor execution, got a bit of luck.

Also Elliots missed chance is exactly the type we need him to score cos the first goal was an incredible finish, if he adds the bread and butters to that he could be a great goalscorer for us.

The highlights make it look like we were pretty lucky but that was not the case. In the second half we were by far the more dominant team and Killie were hardly in the game. They have shown a Killie chance that was offside but not shown the numerous Wallace runs and crosses that could have led to goals.

I was thinking the same, was ours more play than chances?

That challenge with Glen for Elliotts 2nd the Killie players gone in attempted two fitted. good enough for the ***** if glen did catch him.

bad bad mistake from blackie to lose possession in what looked like an easy situation. he'll not let that worry him no doubt.

two very smart finishes from elliott. the first one wasn't creamed over in the reports. it would have been described as pure class if certain other teams had scored it. top drawer.

there's no doubt we got lucky with big zal's clearance.

elliott can forgiven the last miss as the ball sat up very awkwardly.

Great chance for Elliott right at the end for his hat-trick.

to be fair it looked like it bobbled up just as he hit it.

Francis Albert

The Record's shoddy report, nine pages in from the back and (unlike evey other report involving a Premier League club) lacking even a listing of the teams put Elliot's first down to poor defending. Pretty difficult to defend against, I'd say. If Kyle is back for Saturday, can we please remember our main goal threat didn't come from punting high balls forward.

And it looked like a 50/50 ball well won by Glen for the winnner.

The Record's shoddy report, nine pages in from the back and (unlike evey other report involving a Premier League club) lacking even a listing of the teams put Elliot's first down to poor defending. Pretty difficult to defend against, I'd say. If Kyle is back for Saturday, can we please remember our main goal threat didn't come from punting high balls forward.

And it looked like a 50/50 ball well won by Glen for the winnner.

Yep, I think it's more the Killie players reaction to the challenge that made it look initially worse. But when you see the replay he definitely gets the ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9367279.stm

As it says.

:thumbsup:

Having seen the highlights Ive got to say we got very lucky with Zal's clearance onto his own bar, a very good save by Kello at the end. How on earth Elliott didnt get his hattrick at the end as well is beyond me.

They seemed to get in behind us on a few occasions in the second half, hopefully just cos we were pushing on for the win.

can anyone post this via youtube as i have no access to bbc in my territory thanks

As someone else mentioned the Elliott chance missed took a big bobble just before it gets to him.

Also to defend Black conceding possession for their goal. You can see he thinks about just hoofing it long but wants to find a short pass. Unfortunately we started with three (yes, THREE) defensive midfielders meaning that the only player ahead of Blackie in a centre position was Obua 30 yards away. Had we had Skacel or Stevenson playing in the centre ahead of Black then he wouldn't have conceded possession in the manner he did.

The Old Tolbooth

Typical BBC, talk about biased highlights!!

They showed every single chance and half chance for Killie, and missed out half of our chances, it actually looked like Killie was the better side there ffs. The header which went just wide in the first half was a prime example, it was very close!

can anyone post this via youtube as i have no access to bbc in my territory thanks

You should go to my expatshield thread mate

download www.expatshield.com and launch

sort you right out

A couple of points,

Looked like a possible foul from the standard camera angle, but when you see the replay there was definitely nothing wrong with it.

A couple of points,

I was one of the people who claimed it was a foul, I was certain, as I slowed it down on the sky plus etc. Having watched those highlights and the reverse angle its clear to see I was talking shit and my eyes are painted on.

You should go to my expatshield thread mate

download www.expatshield.com and launch

sort you right out

cheers mate worked a treat thanks

cheers mate worked a treat thanks

I use it for the radio commentary and all the ITV,BBC,Channel 4 TV progs too :thumbsup:

KilbrideJambo

Completely agree. I dont normally subscribe to the BBC highlight bashers but i dont know what game the editor watched in the second half as that does represent in any way the balance of play or chances.

I wasnt there but ple at the game said it looked as good as Gordons versus Motherwell.Just shows how deceiving it can be. A good save but youd have been annoyed if he let it in. Still, great to have him back.

I though Zal's 'error' wasnt too bad either. He had to get to it or Sammon wouldve scored, good judgement just poor execution, got a bit of luck.

Also Elliots missed chance is exactly the type we need him to score cos the first goal was an incredible finish, if he adds the bread and butters to that he could be a great goalscorer for us.

Funny, that if you hit the bar when trying to score, it's bad luck - and when you hit the bar when trying to clear, it's good luck!

Personally, I thought he had bad luck, because if he'd just been a few inches higher it would have been the perfect clearance!!! :ermm:

Completely agree. I dont normally subscribe to the BBC highlight bashers but i dont know what game the editor watched in the second half as that does represent in any way the balance of play or chances.

I think that's just the way is with these abbreviated highlights, but to give them their due the reports on the website

usually tell it how it is and the bar charts for last night show us well in front in possession, shots on and off target,

corners etc :thumbsup:

Funny, that if you hit the bar when trying to score, it's bad luck - and when you hit the bar when trying to clear, it's good luck!

Personally, I thought he had bad luck, because if he'd just been a few inches higher it would have been the perfect clearance!!! :ermm:

I'd say it was the perfect clearance as it was..they didn't score!

Chad Sexington

Who cares if the highlights make Killie look good?

End of the day, we humped them in their own midden.

You cant edit THAT out. :thumbsup:

Archived