Hearts v Rangers

neiljb

Speaking to a couple hun season ticket holders who were at the game last night and...

- Miller won't be around on Saturday

- Jelavic is a long way from being fit

- Beattie is one of the players they had ever seen

- 3 out of Back 4 were out (Boughera will be back on Sat)

- Webster did play very well though

Overall they said Rangers were piss poor and were not looking forward to playing us twice in the next couple weeks.

I think we have a good chance, especially at home but really feel Kyle being fit is vital

No matter what we do the OF and media will not take us seriously until end of March/beginning of April but we can use this to our advantage. If the players believe, and I think they do they can beat anyone in the league. Saturday is 3 points and another step in the right direction but, more importantly a win would give JJ the psychological boost to be able to say to the players. "I told you, you can beat anybody". I agree, we will drop points but I firmly believe that both of the uglies will too. Just keep on keeping on. Mon the Hearts.

Agreed.

Rangers kicked Kilmarnock off the park in their recent 3-0 win where by the end they could have had six. They will no doubt try the same approach against us. We need our physical players to get right in about them early on to show that wont work. (The big factor is always the referee...........because of them there are significant risks involved)

I agree with this. Rangers have stepped up their "intensity" since the old firm game, and are pressing teams very aggressively. It'd be good to have Rudi on the field on Saturday to pick a pass.

Should be a good game, and at least Rangers won't park the bus at Tynie.

Anyone know who the ref is? Craig Thomson or Calum Murray hopefully.

Somekindofwizard

I agree with this. Rangers have stepped up their "intensity" since the old firm game, and are pressing teams very aggressively. It'd be good to have Rudi on the field on Saturday to pick a pass.

Should be a good game, and at least Rangers won't park the bus at Tynie.

Anyone know who the ref is? Craig Thomson or Calum Murray hopefully.

Mke Tumilty

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=715

In my opinion, to be considered serious challengers, we have to beat Rangers on Saturday and avoid defeat at darkheid. A draw on Saturday wouldn't end it but defeat would probably leave us chasing second. Whatever happens this has been a f****** brilliant season so far and the hobos are worse than gash. Loving it.

No matter what we do the OF and media will not take us seriously until end of March/beginning of April but we can use this to our advantage. If the players believe, and I think they do they can beat anyone in the league. Saturday is 3 points and another step in the right direction but, more importantly a win would give JJ the psychological boost to be able to say to the players. "I told you, you can beat anybody". I agree, we will drop points but I firmly believe that both of the uglies will too. Just keep on keeping on. Mon the Hearts.

I would be happy for the rest of Scottish football and the media to ignore us as we keep winning games.

Definately looking forward to the game and expect us to put in a performace. Especially with Kenny Miller gone this is a real chance to beat them. Comments about us "winning comfortably" are just stupid though. Rangers still have good players and we shouldn't underestimated and we'll need to play at our best to win.

It would be interesting to see if we took the maroon specs off and picked a select side to see how we compare against them now. IMO 4 or 5 Hearts players would get in the team which isn't bad compared to the past couple of seasons when probably no one would have got in.

My team would be:

McGregor

Whittaker

Bougerra

Zaliukas

Wallace

Weiss

Davis

Skacel

Templeton

Jelavic

Kyle

Not great options up front for either side compared to yesteryear it has to be said. With Miller away Weiss is the real danger man. Jelavic and Elliott are still unproven but Jelavic would get the nod at the moment, but overall we're not shaping up too badly.

tartofmidlothian

Undefeated in 10 league games with 9 wins! Bloody hell.

More than that, in our last 13 league games:

W11 D1 L1 F25 A6

Bloody hell!

tartofmidlothian

My team would be:

Kello

Whittaker

Bougerra

Zaliukas

Wallace

Weiss

Davis

Skacel

Templeton

Jelavic

Kyle

Fixed for you.

Hackney Hearts

Yet even now, if you take current points/game averages as a projection for the final table, it comes out as:

Rangers 94

Celtic 89

Heart of Midlothian 80

Current points per game average? This looks like you've applied the average for the whole season so far. More relevant might be applying the average from the last 13 games? Or better still, the last 10 games? Would be a better reflection of current form.

Rangers next set of games and hopefull outcomes or worse.

Hibs v Rangers - 1 point

Haha no danger Rangers will be dropping points against that shower!!

Undefeated in 10 league games with 9 wins! Bloody hell.

It will take a very strong challenge from a team below us to keep us out of 3rd spot, so the big question is, how much pressure can we apply to the OF.

The next four games will probably determine the expectations for the remainder of the season.

I hope there's a full house at Tynecastle on Saturday to give the team a boost.

Agree. People always say as long as we beat the rest we can maintain a challenge but i think we HAVE to take something off the OF to stay with them at least.

Saturday will be a real test of the ambition and nerve of the team because we go into it knowing what a win could do. A win would be big for us. We`d draw within two points of them despite them having a game in hand, but even if they win that 5 points isn`t an impossible gap to close by any means.

Arthur Morgan

Haha no danger Rangers will be dropping points against that shower!!

Unfortuantely not but If we are still in with a shout then I would actually want a Hibs win there and you never know as Hibs have a decent record vs Rangers, remember the match at Ibrox?

The People's Chimp

We'll win the next four games.

Ibrox midweek is going to witness celebrations rarely seen before.

I'm trying to decide whether to go to mordor or the beggar bowl, but reckon I am currently favouring the iPox game. thumbsup.gif

I don't think it's about the title mate, it's about laying down a marker and saying "oi, feck you, we're here and we'll be here next year"

This!

I could still enjoy this season if we coast home in 3rd place some way off 2nd

I don't want to qualify for Europe because I think we'll win the Europa League I want to qualify for Europe because I want to see Hearts in where the action is as opposed to watching from the outside, Dunfermline fans don't think they'd set the SPL alight but they want to be promoted so they're where the action is and similarly taking Rangers apart this weekend would signal to everybody that we're playing in the big competition as opposed to the usual "best of the rest" one.

Winning the bloody thing would be immense but simply still being in with a shot by the time the Split happens would feel like promotion

We'll win the next four games.

Ibrox midweek is going to witness celebrations rarely seen before.

If we do. I'll be booking a week off in May, because there will be a title to celebrate.

Imagine celebrating a league title in Gorgie !!! Carnage. Absolute carnage.

Im fairly certain we wont be allowed to beat Rangers saturday. Even playingfield a feel we can beat them. Here's hopin

If we are better than them for most of the game, there will be very little that any outside influence can do about us winning the game

I think some on this thread need to seriously calm down!

Will you be calm if we win all four of the next four ?

I wont be, because the poster is probably correct and the league title will be have every chance of coming to Tynecastle. Our fixtures after these 4 to the split involve 6 games out of 9 in Edinburgh and 4 aways to teams we've already beaten away this season.

We're seriously not very far away from taking a title challenge right into the split. Just need to keep the heid, get through this set of 4 games still in a challenging position, keep players fit and suspension free, keep it fresh and win games we should be winning. Most importantly get right up for it in the key games against the two rivals. Lets not forget these two rivals are on downwards curves. We're on an upwards curve and that could make all the difference

when did we last win a meaningful game at Ibrox??

If you mean a really significant win, Christmas time 1985 would be my guess.

If we are better than them for most of the game, there will be very little that any outside influence can do about us winning the game

True indeed. :thumbsup:

RoussetsShorts

:what:

Ibrox is the only SPL ground I have never seen Hearts win a meaningful match against the bigots in my 33 years supporting Hearts.

If we get 12 out of 12 in the next 4 games, then I think we'll win the league.

I will need medication to keep calm if this happens

bigsuperslim1874

Now is the test of our belief and character rather than ability. We know we don't have the same squad depth as them but as 11 v 11 we match up pretty well.

Totally agree its character rather than ability - do we have the bottle for the fight?. However, I think we have a better squad than Rangers if not Celtic. Beyond Rangers first 11, there is nothing really there - Richard Foster? Kyle Lafferty? James Beattie (I wonder how much he is draining the Ibrox coffers for no return)?

Teuchterjambo

I will need medication to keep calm if this happens

I will need medication to sober me up !

:rolleyes:

April 2nd 1988 We went 2nd ahead of Rangers that day and clinched 2nd from them by 2 points

The next 4 games will define our season. No doubt about that. We shouldnt be scared of the OF, let the OF be scared of us. This season we are like a fly to the pair of them that wont go away. Lets keep this going.

On another note, after playing 20 games in 05/06 this was our record

2 Hearts 20 9 1 0 22 2 4 4 2 17 11 +26 44

After 20 games this season

3 Hearts 20 5 3 3 17 10 8 0 1 18 6 +19 42

If only now we could have our home record from 05/06 and in 05/06 we could have our away record now.

This is our league run so far this season

DWDLWLLWWLWWWWWWDWWW

The draws to St Johnstone on opening day and Dundee Utd at home stick out in my mind as points dropped when we should have been cruising.

January will be fun.

Bring it on. This is what football is about. Trying to achieve the ultimate goal for our club.

If we get 12 out of 12 in the next 4 games, then I think we'll win the league.

The season doesn`t end after 25,26 games Syd. What would be your reasoning behind what you say?

The OF probably aren`t even saying that to themselves. Its all about staying power and being in with a shout until you win it or mathematically can`t win it...

What was really enjoyable about last night was the way we bounced back and got a result after last weeks debacle. It tells me the team has developed real character and they carry a belief they can keep pushing on in the league.

What drives you on is the fear of losing, the fear of it crumbling. We could go on to win the 4 games you point out but it could easily all fall apart after if we take our eye off the ball...and thats the point...keeping our focus game to game and you just never know what could happen come May.

What formation do we play then?

....?.?kello

Johnson bouzid zal Wallace

.......black......train

Temps..............ruben

................skacel

........Elliott

Or play novi instead of ruben maybe?? Hmmm :)

I think some on this thread need to seriously calm down!

One thing is for sure here, and that is that both sides from the ?great unwashed? will keep winning until the very end of the season, no matter how poor we may they are. Are Hearts capable of winning game after game for the rest of the season, without a nose bleed ? we will see! The year 1986 is still painful for most of us, after an incredible run which run out of steam on the last day and I have no doubt 1965 hurts even more as it was lost at home on the last game as well, so lets just get real.

This is Hearts we are following here and nothing is ever simple.

But, a defining game that really was meaningful was the 2-0 December victory at Hunbrox. That set up the attitude for the run in, that ran out of steam at the end of the very last game. Saturdays game is a bit like that game. But this is dead easy - take all this a game at a time.

If JJ had thought like that we woul still be in the cup.

What formation do we play then?

....?.?kello

Johnson bouzid zal Wallace

.......black......train

Temps..............ruben

................skacel

........Elliott

Or play novi instead of ruben maybe?? Hmmm :)

Kello

Jonsson

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Wallace

Black

Mroweic

Elliott

Skacel

Templeton

Kyle

Rudolf's Mate

I don't think it's about the title mate, it's about laying down a marker and saying "oi, feck you, we're here and we'll be here next year"

Here, here!

3rd is great, anything else in JJ's first full season is out of this world. Were looking to the future though I admit this season may be a wake up call for the uglies as this is a great chance.

I've not been this nervous about a game since the 2006 semi-final.

That turned out alright.

The season doesn`t end after 25,26 games Syd. What would be your reasoning behind what you say?

The OF probably aren`t even saying that to themselves. Its all about staying power and being in with a shout until you win it or mathematically can`t win it...

What was really enjoyable about last night was the way we bounced back and got a result after last weeks debacle. It tells me the team has developed real character and they carry a belief they can keep pushing on in the league.

What drives you on is the fear of losing, the fear of it crumbling. We could go on to win the 4 games you point out but it could easily all fall apart after if we take our eye off the ball...and thats the point...keeping our focus game to game and you just never know what could happen come May.

If we can beat Celtic once and Rangers twice in the next few weeks, then I think we'll take enough confidence to go on and win the league.

Now, I dont believe that we'll win the next four games, and I dont believe we'll win the league, but I am confident in my statement.

There are "mini-leagues" in each league, and if we are to win the league we need to win the "mini-league" of Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. In 05-06 we only won 2 out of our 8 games against the OF. In 97-98 we didnt win any of our games against the OF. In 92-93 we only won 3 of our 8 games. In 87-88 we only won 2 out of the 8 games and back in 85-86 we won our mini-league - but Rangers were pish then and not in the top three.

Had we done better against the OF in some of those seasons, we'd have had a real chance to win the league. So, the next four games will determine if we are able to win the league.

This!

I could still enjoy this season if we coast home in 3rd place some way off 2nd

I don't want to qualify for Europe because I think we'll win the Europa League I want to qualify for Europe because I want to see Hearts in where the action is as opposed to watching from the outside, Dunfermline fans don't think they'd set the SPL alight but they want to be promoted so they're where the action is and similarly taking Rangers apart this weekend would signal to everybody that we're playing in the big competition as opposed to the usual "best of the rest" one.

Winning the bloody thing would be immense but simply still being in with a shot by the time the Split happens would feel like promotion

IF we were to get into the top 2 and qualify for the champions league, no matter whether it were the 3rd or 4th qualifying round, we would still drop to either the europa league qualifiers if were the 3rd we were put out in, or straight to the groups anyway.

In our next four games, we have the Old Firm three times. After that, we have a run of nine games all against teams below us in the league giving us an incredible opportunity to build a big run together in preparation for the split and the final five games of the season.

For Saturday, I really think we can take something off Rangers at Tynecastle. Since they lost to Celtic, they have won all of their three games, scoring eight and keeping three clean sheets.

In the SPL, they have a good away record, only dropping points in one game, a 1-1 draw in Inverness. However, they have conceded ten goals in nine games, keeping only one clean sheet in those nine games, unsurprisingly it was at Easter Road in a 3-0 win.

If we can prevent them from scoring -not over cautious, but solid- I feel we will have a very good chance of winning the game. I feel we have our first choice back-five fit in Kello, Jonsson, Bouzid, Zal and Wallace, JJ has stated he feels their is a chance KK and Rudi will be fit which will be a massive lift, Hibs are out the cup, Tynecastle will be bouncing, bring on SATURDAY!

If we can beat Celtic once and Rangers twice in the next few weeks, then I think we'll take enough confidence to go on and win the league.

Now, I dont believe that we'll win the next four games, and I dont believe we'll win the league, but I am confident in my statement.

There are "mini-leagues" in each league, and if we are to win the league we need to win the "mini-league" of Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. In 05-06 we only won 2 out of our 8 games against the OF. In 97-98 we didnt win any of our games against the OF. In 92-93 we only won 3 of our 8 games. In 87-88 we only won 2 out of the 8 games and back in 85-86 we won our mini-league - but Rangers were pish then and not in the top three.

Had we done better against the OF in some of those seasons, we'd have had a real chance to win the league. So, the next four games will determine if we are able to win the league.

Good point and it really rubbishes the theory we just have to beat the rest. How we can we rely on other teams to take points off the OF if we don`t do it ourselves? or what makes people think other teams are good enough to?

The OF win leagues by winning against anyone and in particular games against close rivals that can swing it in their favour at that moment.

south morocco

I think we can definately beat the huns on saturdayat least get a draw at parkhead,,a win at home v StJ,and hopefully at least a draw at ibrox,id take that right now TBH

No one's mentioned that this will be a big pressure game for Rangers too. Any points dropped and they slip further behind Celtic, along with their top scorer having left for Turkey.

Everyone is getting a bit carried away.

Rangers and Celtic both have better squads than us, end of!

I'd LOVE to see the jambos lift the league trophy come the end of the season but i would wager a large amount of money on that not happening.

Hate to sound negative but we are a work in progress, we need to keep our key players and build for next season. I reckon we will finish 3rd and if we can add a few quality players during the summer we will be better equipped to challenge the old firm.

Hopefully we put in a good performance on Sat :thumbsup:

P W D L CS FtS F A GD Pt PPG

1 Rangers 10 7 2 1 1 1 21 11 +10 23 2.30

2 Celtic 10 6 2 2 5 1 14 9 +5 20 2.00

3 Heart of Midlothian 9 4 1 4 1 3 11 14 -3 13 1.44

4 Motherwell 9 3 1 5 3 3 8 13 -5 10 1.11

5 Kilmarnock 9 2 1 6 1 1 13 14 -1 7 0.78

6 Inverness CT 11 1 5 5 1 3 10 16 -6 8 0.73

(from a cracking website for anoraks called www.statto.com) - sorry about the formatting.

This (so far) is the league table if there were only the top six playing against each other.

It shows the difference between the OF and the others when it comes to the "big" games. We need to start winning them. Our home record against the top six this year has been average - we've played 5 and only won one of them.

Time to change it on Saturday.

Mon the Hearts.

Archived