• Ruben PALAZUELOS
    • Deividas CESNAUSKIS
    • Laryea KINGSTON
    • Calum ELLIOT
    • Audrius KSANAVICIUS
    • Jamie MOLE
    • Fernando SCREPIS

portobellojambo1

I am not happy with the title of this thread, but it is based on a marketing principal, make it recognisable, keep it simple and people might be attracted to it (well that is my spin on things anyway :))

So the truth of the matter is this week we are voting for the player you think was possibly least s h y t e yesterday.

I thought 3 players came out of yesterday's game looking like triers, those were Berra, Palazuelos and Mikoliunas. Of the three I thought that trying to maintain some sort of semblance of being there in midfield was most important yesterday (not before the game likes, but as the game panned out the way it did it became important) and for that reason I have gone for Palazuelos. I do not think he played brilliantly, I do think he was the only one of the midfield who has grasped the concept that passing the ball to a colleague is much more beneficial than losing it, or humping it into oblivion.

Berra held the back 4 together, Mikoliunas tried up front, but he still doesn't get behind his direct opponent and put telling crosses into the box (although yesterday that would have been a bit of a waste of time anyway, as we had a centre forward who is about as effective as a wet fart would be in deciding the outcome of a nuclear war).

MODS - Could you sticky this for the duration please. Thank you.

Ruben did his job. Wouldn't argue with giving it to him.

Went for Miko though. He was focused, hungry and showed great work rate throughout.

Perhaps the most infuriating moment of the match is when Miko skinned his marker on the left and looked up to find nobody in the box with the delightful Calum Elliot standing 20 yards from goal with his thumb up his own arse.

2weeks in a row i have voted for Miko, not because of a great performance, but because his 'average performance' on the day was better than the rest imo.

Only others worth a mention are Zaliukas*, Berra* and Ruben**.

*Both got caught out a couple of times, but both got tackles in when needed.

**Needs to assert himself more against poor teams like Falkirk, great when on the ball, but has to get involved more. He looks lost when not on the ball, a lot of folk go on about him doing the 'unseen shift' in midfield, but at times he aint doing that either imo.

When Miko gets the man of the match for the second week running when he has been half decent and pretty good respectively then you know there are problems.

The only area of the team to do their job yesterday was the defence (including Banksy) so the MOTM for me goes to Christophe.

Miko for me too.

One of few who are not afraid to run at players and take them on.

Goalie had nothing to do so hard to give it to him. Defenders all did quite well, with Zaliukas starting badly but improving.

But for the 2nd week in a row, I go for Miko. Not one of the other midfield to front players did anything at all.

Unbelievably Robbie got my vote for an uncharacteristically solid game at right back. His distribution was miles better than it has been recently and Falkirk got virtually nothing down the left.

Miko tried hard and created a couple of openings but what chance did he have with Clum and then Mole up front?

By a proverbial country mile, Miko.

The only other player to look vaugely interested was Berra.

chester copperpot
By a proverbial country mile, Miko.

The only other player to look vaugely interested was Berra.

I haven't voted for the first time ever on KB due to my absence.

Archived