Player ratings

Coco

Game of two halves. Killie the better of the first and us totally subdued. 2nd so much better particularly after the 2nd set of subs. Well done to the fans too - really got behind the team in the 2nd half (including as the team came back out).

Kello - 7 - good to have him back

Jonsson - 5 - struggling with his passing

Bouzid - 5 - not one of his better games

Zaliukas - 8 - was on course for man of the match until a couple of late errors, some fabulous passing

Wallace - 9 - absolutely brilliant - full of running as if he'd never been away

Mrowiec - 5 - struggled tonight

Palazuelos - 5 - came on to a game but better at left back

Templeton - 6 - always trying things

Black - 5 - too far forward, robbed for their goal (though no one for him to pass to meant he kept the ball too long)

Obua - 0 - stinking, gutless performance yet again - surely his last for Hearts?

Elliott - 8 - 2 fabulous goals - but missed his easiest chance for the hat trick

Glen - 8 - good to see him getting in amongst it - bad touch but then a great tackle to keep it alive for Elliott's 2nd goal

Stevenson - 8 - his best performance for Hearts

Missing a player?

I forgot Novikovas - easy to do tonight as he looked like a little boy lost - perhaps sub appearances for him is the way forward - he gets a 4

I agree re Obua. As a kid I always gotexcited when we signed a black player as I automatically assumed "great athlete" " natural ability"

Obua makes Nade look like Carl ******* Lewis

An absolute disgrace

Gets shorter when he jumps , won nothing all night and quite patently not interested.

I went along with a blue nosed pal tonight and he couldn't believe we were playing him

Bit harsh on Jonsson, thought he played well second half.

I agree thought he had a solid game. Also a good run and cross for the first goal.

As much as I like Eggy his passing must be the worst of any full back in the league. We must sort RB and nows the time to do it.

Pretty much agree with most of Cocos starting 11 scores. Only changes...

Kello - 8 - a couple of good stops in the second half before one right at the end that looked sensational and saved us 2 points. Confidence inspiring.

Zaliukas - 8 - Actually agree with the mark, but couple of additional mentions. Great play early in the first half when dragged the ball back away from the defender then surged up the park directing the players ahead of him as he went before playing a delightfully weighted ball through the inside left channel. Also perseverence to not only stay on, but stay at centre back when injured in the closting stages when he could have asked to come off or to go and stand out the way up front. Embodies the change in team spirit since Kingston walked off injured leaving us with 10 men.

Wallace - 7.5 - for all he was great in the second half his positioning was all over the place in the first and he was misjudging through balls. Lucky not to get caught out. Also failed to link up with (a struggling) Novikovas.

Novikovas - 4 - would really benefit from a reserve league. Just isn't learning enough about when to take players on, when to offer himself outwide, etc. Would benefit from being farmed out to a division 1 team next season if Driver, Suso, Templeton and Skacel are all still with us.

Obua - 4 - the guy isn't a forward, isn't a target man, and was left totally isolated so that even when he did win balls in the air it looked rubbish. Not good enough and should be let go asap, but fans need to remember that he is being asked to fill a role that he doesn't fit. The fault tonight was with Jeffries for not having the faith in the team to play Glen and to play the ball on the deck from the start. Fortunately he saw the error of his ways in the second half.

Kello - 9 - Two outstanding saves, really secured the three points. Excellent.

Jonsson - 6 - Tried to get forward, passing wasn't the best.

Bouzid - 7 - Did the defensive part well, poor with the ball at his feet. Bad first half.

Zaliukas - 8 - One or two shakey moments but was a shining example in playing through the pain barrier. Well done, chief.

Wallace - 9 - MOTM. Burst forward on numerous occasions, causing Killie problems. Looks like he'll link up well with Templeton when he switches wings. Great to have him back.

Templeton - 6 - Tries to do too much and often runs himself into trouble. On many occasions tonight he choose to try the impossible instead of a simple pass to a free player.

Mrowiec - 7 - Broke up play well, a few good tackles.

Palazuelos - 6 - Not so effective, passing was hot and cold. Poor first half.

Black - 6 - What was he doing for the goal? Another one guilty of f**nying about with it in dangerous areas in the first half. A disappointing performance given his recent form.

Novikovas - 4 - Lost. Looks like a few cameos are going to be the most we'll get from him; he just isn't a starting player.

Obua - 0.5 - Half mark given for deliberately finding a Hearts player for the first time after 52 minutes with a pass, and for a nice pass later on down the wing. He is the worst player I have ever seen. I'm not going to comment on his inability to play the KK role, because he doesn't have the basic skills required to be a footballer in the first place. He is abysmal, and offers absolutely nothing to anyone, anywhere on the park. A complete and utter failure of a footballer, and I hope that is the last we see of him.

Subs (to those who've been recently moaning at JJ's subs: :laugh: )

Elliott - 8 - I've been a critic recently but you cannot argue with that. A wonderful first goal and a slightly lucky second. He buzzed about, this time to great effect. His lack of composure was evident with the chance for the hat-trick, though.

Glen - 8 - Offered more in 30 seconds than Obua did all game. Chased everything and never gave up the ghost; kept the chance for the winner alive. If he keeps applying that amount of effort, he'll do well in this team.

Stevenson - 8 - Distribution was excellent. More of the same please.

To sum up: an awful first-half performance where we looked dead and buried. JJ must have shot a rocket up a few arses at half time and we started to dominate and play to our strengths. Luck was on our side tonight a few times, but it's winning exactly these sorts of games that define you as a good team, and we've been winning a lot of these types of games recently. Delighted.

Thunderstruck

Did nobody listen to JJ's interview on Hearts World! Zal feeling ill for last quarter of an hour and struggling a bit. That might excuse a couple of his shakier moments towards the end of the game or, knowing Kickback, maybe not.

The Old Tolbooth

Kello - 9 - Didn't put a foot wrong and you can see the defence has more confidence when he's behind them, absolutely world class save right at the death, top stuff!

Jonsson - 4 - Very poor from Eggert tonight, he wasted a lot of possession in the first hour of the game, but started to get it together in the last 10 minutes when needed most, still, must do better though!

Bouzid - 5 - Looked shaky tonight and there's signs that his mind may be elsewhere.

Zaliukas - 8 - Apart from skelping his own crossbar, the guy was immense tonight! Well done Zal!

Wallace - 9 - Terrific! Never stopped running all night and offers so much more than Ruben could even dream about down the left, and that's not meant as a slight on Ruben!

Mrowiec - 5 - Early booking quietened him and meant he had a tame match by his standards.

Palazuelos - 5 - Not his best game but he's been playing a different role for 3 months now, and to expect him to step back in naturally was maybe a bit much, tried hard though.

Novikovas - 2 - This lad just doesn't have it for me and was rightly hooked, better as an impact sub perhaps, but certainly not a starter!

Templeton - 6 - Not his best game and a lot didn't come off for him tonight, but he never stopped trying and is a little box of tricks, the right back looked terrified of him at times!

Black - 3 - Cery poor tonight and at fault for Killie's goal when he gave the ball away in the middle of the park, nothing worked for him and another who was rightly hooked.

Obua - 0 - I nearly demanded by money back when I seen this joker was in the team, surely to god Jefferies can see that this guy offers the square root of feck all to Hearts, an utter embarrassment as a player!

Elliott - 8 - Completely transformed the front line for us tonight along with Glen, his movement, running, vision, and pace caused all sorts of problems for Killie, and very unlucky not to bag a treble for himself when he shot straight at the keeper when clean through at 2-1, had he hit the ball low it would have been a superb hat trick!

Glen - 7 - Wasn't on the park too long (same as Elliott), but showed loads of guts and determination in closing down every Killie player who was on the ball, and put in great tackle which led to the winner, much much better from Glen!

Stevenson - 8 - Got stuck in from the minute he came on the park, he really lifted the midfield for us and bust a gut, more performances like this would see him a regular starter, superb Stevo!

Referee - 0 - Steve Conroy hadn't a clue what he was doing and at one point both the home fans and away fans were singing this in tandem, an utter ****** of a man! He pulled Hearts up 6 times for trying to pinch a couple of yards at throw ins, however failed to pull Killie up once for doing the same thing on numerous occasions.

Referee - 0 - Steve Conroy hadn't a clue what he was doing and at one point both the home fans and away fans were singing this in tandem, an utter ****** of a man! He pulled Hearts up 6 times for trying to pinch a couple of yards at throw ins, however failed to pull Killie up once for doing the same thing on numerous occasions.

Don't forget giving Cammy Bellend seven (I counted them) last warnings for taking liberties with goal-kicks.

Archived