Jim Jefferies

KilbrideJambo

KilbrideJambo

Great to see JJ get a big shout out from the fans at the end tonight. However was it tactical wizardry with the subs (and half time team talk) or the wrong personnel and shape from thhe start?

Interesting one. Whilst many might construe the question as a negative slant on a positive win, I think you might well have a point. I would have had him in from the start. Maybe Jim knew something we didn't though? Perhaps not fully fit?

Great to see JJ get a big shout out from the fans at the end tonight. However was it tactical wizardry with the subs (and half time team talk) or the wrong personnel and shape from thhe start?

I'd have loved to have heard the half time team talk tonight.First half was murder but they came flying oot the traps second half.Special mention of course to the fans....it was as if everyone went nuts.What a support.:thumbsup:

KilbrideJambo

[quote name='CMc' timestamp='1295391791' post='2030320'

Whilst many might construe the question as a negative slant on a positive win,

Not the intention at all - it was a terrific win and i am hoarse! just interested in views re the tactics. :thumbsup:

I think the key was that Novikovas, good emerging talent that he is, isnt quite ready for your bread and butter battling games that you get a lot of the time in this league, whereas that sort of game is right up Elliott's street.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9366117.stm

listening to his interview he talks about us now having given ourselves a gap for our big three games coming up (rangers/celtic/rangers). does anyone else think that going into these games theyre going to be given a rocket up there arse before kick off, as taking points from these three games is how we close the gap at the top?

Whitecapjambo

Missed second half due to work....am I right in thinking we ended up 4-4-2? With Glen and Elliott up top?

I think this could be a better alt formation while Kyle is out (I know this has been mentioned on other threads).

Johanes de Silentio

Hard to pick a winning starting eleven from what was available, to be fair.

But, given that many often slate JJ's tactical nous and subs, he was able to look at the problems tonight, and make the necessary changes to win the game.

Genius comes and goes, but it's always latent.

Just a great man! :thumbsup:

He got it sorely wrong to start with. We simply can't play in the same shape with Obua replacing Kyle and Black replacing Skacel.

So much better when JJ saw sense and got Obua off the field.

Delighted with his comments after the game too.

Another satisfying point about tonights win.

I know a lot of Killie fans who give JJ grief for leaving or not winning the Champions League so Im really pleased he got the last laugh tonight.

His substitutions were excellent and his tactics and game plan in the second half brilliant.

Archived