Lee Wallace

Vladster

Delighted to see Scotland's 1st choice left back come back and put in a MOTM performance

Welcome back Lee...we have missed you :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but this thread deserves to be up top!

What a comeback performance from Lee Wallace. Up and down the pitch all night and coasting past Killie players down the wing even at 90 minutes.

Welcome back Lee! (and thank you to Ruben for being an able deputy in your absense)

Nelly Terraces

Brilliant to have Lee back, sounds like the boy had a terrific game for his 1st back since a horrible injury. Well done lad.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And he shoots hivees. :thumbsup:

Well said,the lad done well.Saturday will be tough and i'm glad he'll be around for that one.

Suppose its too early but hope Zal is o.k.,looked bad last half hour...we really need that guy this weekend.

KilbrideJambo

He had a great game and in the second half in particular his runs and crosses were superb - often our best offensive weapon tonight.

The Old Tolbooth

He was a power house down the left tonight, and with him and Temps on the same wing we must have the best left sided team in Scotland! His work rate was immense and he offers so much more than Ruben could ever offer at left back (although Ruben was an able deputy, but nowhere near the class of Trigger)

Welcome back Lee :thumbsup:

Good to see him back in the starting line up.

Anyone know when the highlights will be up on the BBC?

Jambof3tornado

It shows the quality of the guy that he can come straight back into a game and make such an impression! Welcome back Shooter.

Nelly Terraces

Well said,the lad done well.Saturday will be tough and i'm glad he'll be around for that one.

Suppose its too early but hope Zal is o.k.,looked bad last half hour...we really need that guy this weekend.

Whats up with Big Z mate? Not injured I hope. :ermm:

Good to see him back in the starting line up.

Anyone know when the highlights will be up on the BBC?

Once everyone has stopped laughing at Murray at the Ayr goal.......could be a couple of weeks!:D

Zal and Temps looked to be sruggling in the last half hour. Hopefully nowt too serious.

Lee Wallace was outstanding. Oh and Stevo...............well played mate :thumbsup:

Great to have Lee back in the side, and what a difference he makes to our attacking options with the width he provides.

Welcome back, Lee. :D

Whats up with Big Z mate? Not injured I hope. :ermm:

We'd used the three subs,mate,or he would have been off.Struggled to keep going...but did all that was asked in the closing stages(we'll give him the nearly o.g. thing off his own bar).Every time the ball was at the other end he crouched down....looked ****** but still kept going.Deserved every bit of applause coming his way tonight,top man!:thumbsup:

Suppose we'll find oot the morn what the damage is.

Nelly Terraces

We'd used the three subs,mate,or he would have been off.Struggled to keep going...but did all that was asked in the closing stages(we'll give him the nearly o.g. thing off his own bar).Every time the ball was at the other end he crouched down....looked ****** but still kept going.Deserved every bit of applause coming his way tonight,top man!:thumbsup:

Suppose we'll find oot the morn what the damage is.

Sounds like he put in a great effort tonight then mate, a true Captains performance. Aye, we'll see eh, fingers crossed he's OK and it's nothin too serious (hmmm, crouching down, possible kick in the pods - nothing that Mrs Z can't rub better overnight... :thumbsup: ).

Could not believe the power in Lee Wallace's running towards the end of the game.

Did not look like he was just back from a really serious injury. He was so good I'm worried again that he might get a move - loads of good teams could do with a player of his ability and fitness.

Sounds like he put in a great effort tonight then mate, a true Captains performance. Aye, we'll see eh, fingers crossed he's OK and it's nothin too serious (hmmm, crouching down, possible kick in the pods - nothing that Mrs Z can't rub better overnight... :thumbsup: ).

If Mrs Z cannae fix it,no one can!:thumbsup:

Brilliant second half from trigger but Zal MoM for me tonight - offensively AND defensively - he did struggle with injury at the end but a real captain's performance all night!

Great to hear that Lee is suffering no ill effects from what was a bad injury. Though Ruben filled in very capably at left back, Lee is just a class above and is too good for the SPL, just dont tell any Premiership scouts that :whistling:

I think I first seen Lee Wallace play during the Friendly at Hull and I said to my mate ( a neutral) that he looked special, the way he was running at the defence. My memory could be wrong but can anyone confirm he played in this game. I think he was subbed towards the end, just before the coppers started pulling folk out from our end for no apparent reason.

Brilliant second half from trigger but Zal MoM for me tonight - offensively AND defensively - he did struggle with injury at the end but a real captain's performance all night!

Lee had no right getting on the end of some of zal passes but he was great tonight ! The commitment from Lee and zal was unreal, no way were we just accepting defeat today. It's a pleasure to support a team that gives somuch for the cause !

Good to see Lee put in another decent performance.....it wasn't his best game by a long shot but the fact that he made a telling contribution and set up the goal is enough for me.

Superb stuff, he will only get better :thumbsup:

I think I first seen Lee Wallace play during the Friendly at Hull and I said to my mate ( a neutral) that he looked special, the way he was running at the defence. My memory could be wrong but can anyone confirm he played in this game. I think he was subbed towards the end, just before the coppers started pulling folk out from our end for no apparent reason.

It was clear to those of us at Kilmarnock away in the 2004/05 season that he could run at players and had something about him. Had a couple transition seasons and now doesn't have to rely purely on skill, he has upper body strength and bags of experience.

Was vital in our ten minute spell that we turned the screw on Rangers, resulting in the goal.

For a lad just returning from a serious injury I thought he was tremendous today.

Especially second half when at every opportunity he wanted to get forward and created the few chances we had - Eggert watch and learn!!

This lad will get Vlad a few bob and unfortunately probably this summer :(

thought lee looked fantastic today. as has been said, it wasn't like he'd literally played his second SPL match since his injusty. superb

He was a power house down the left tonight, and with him and Temps on the same wing we must have the best left sided team in Scotland! His work rate was immense and he offers so much more than Ruben could ever offer at left back (although Ruben was an able deputy, but nowhere near the class of Trigger)

Welcome back Lee :thumbsup:

i'm not sure that him and temps were that great together today... i think that in a few games they'll have that partnership, but today i think was a wee bit sloppy between them...

note, not their work as part of the team or as individuals, just didn't seem to have that understanding there yet.

both are intelligent and sweet, sweet players, so i think after a few games it'll be immense

we are pretty lucky with some of the players we have

If you recall, Temps and Wallace were working really well together until Lee's injury. Best example? Hamilton 4-0 game.

good to have him back but far from a motm performance sorry. lacking sharpness but like a quality new signing back in the squad from now till the end of season

If you recall, Temps and Wallace were working really well together until Lee's injury. Best example? Hamilton 4-0 game.

yea i think they were starting to get that almost psychic thing going but it wasn't quite there yet. today they didn't quite gel for me, but thats only a matter of time

i'm not worried cos we're still stronger for having them :)

I thought he had a very average first half and looked a wee bitty slow and off it to be honest but that's to be expected.

I was hugely confident he'd have a great second half though and he did because as I've said many a time Lee Wallace for me is a player who either has a blistering first half or a blistering second but rarely does both...and that's not a criticism because Lee Wallace at average is better than most in the SPL at what he does.

Wasn't a MOTM performance for me today (that surely is Kello's honour!) but it won't be long till Lee turns one in.

Welcome back Lee!

Disappointing in the first half, but when him and Rudi started linking up in the 2nd, he was immense. However, considering it was only his 2nd game back, great credit to the lad. Great effort al round, and like a new International signing for us. :)

i'm not sure that him and temps were that great together today... i think that in a few games they'll have that partnership, but today i think was a wee bit sloppy between them...

note, not their work as part of the team or as individuals, just didn't seem to have that understanding there yet.

both are intelligent and sweet, sweet players, so i think after a few games it'll be immense

we are pretty lucky with some of the players we have

I thought this as well

A few times I think that Wallace and Templeton didn't know who was going for the ball and there was a few times where I was thinking "one of you!". They'll be fine though, bright kids and great footballers who will work together no probs.

Wallace turned two Rangers players in their 18 yard box to set up our goal.

On a day when our best attribute was our resilience, Wallace produced that little bit of quality which turned the match in our favour.

That's what they call 'the difference'.

Rudolf's Mate

Think I saw what most did in that defensively his first half was solid. Going forward je look a bit rusty as was caught out a couple of times however look how long he's been out. I also put it down to him having no options first half as we seemed a bit disjointed.

How many times have teams come to us and we've played them off the park only for them to leave with points. Great satisfaction that we've done this to one of our main rivals.

Archived