Out of contract SPL players....

Martin_T

Quite a number of reasonable SPL 'stars' contracts are up this summer, in the past I suppose many of us would have bracketed most of the following in the 'Not Hearts class' category, but in all honesty, in the current climate many could do a job for us:

Lee Miller - Yes he is an erse, but he knew where the goal is first time round at Hearts and would provide a target man of which we are currently missing.

Steve Lovell - Decent goal poacher, pretty mince otherwise my Sheep supporting mates tell me, but again something we are missing.

Barry Nicholson - Midfielder that makes late runs into the box, again something we currently don't have

Mark Kerr - See Barry Nicholson

Ross McCormack - Probably out of reach, but have Wigan maintained their interest after his relative drop in form

Pedro Moutinho - Decent striker who usually shows up well against us.

Quite a number of reasonable SPL 'stars' contracts are up this summer, in the past I suppose many of us would have bracketed most of the following in the 'Not Hearts class' category, but in all honesty, in the current climate many could do a job for us:

Lee Miller - Yes he is an erse, but he knew where the goal is first time round at Hearts and would provide a target man of which we are currently missing.

Steve Lovell - Decent goal poacher, pretty mince otherwise my Sheep supporting mates tell me, but again something we are missing.

Barry Nicholson - Midfielder that makes late runs into the box, again something we currently don't have

Ross McCormack - Probably out of reach, but have Wigan maintained their interest after his relative drop in form

So you want to sign a player who can't get a game at falkirk ?

i would take nicholson but not touch the rest (well not including ross) as they are all thieves ! Mark Kerr has being robbing utd for years ! He has failed to be a decent player in the SPL for about 4 years ! 1/2 a season of being a footballer does not make him a player !

Patrick Bateman

As I've said before, Ross McCormack should be high on a list of targets as he has definate resale value. Nicholson could be a decent shout as well, although we are quite well stocked in midfield and wages might be a problem.

Dare I say... we should try signing David Weir if he became available :o

Guest GhostHunter

Is this how bad things have become ?

Trawling out of contract SPL journeymen ?

Feck this for a game of sodgers.

Patrick Bateman

Sad thing is Dex, these journeymen defecate on most of our squad from a great height.

This is what we've become.

Drylaw Hearts

Apart from 2 recent years when have things been any different ????????

The best of the rest ( the guys not good enough for the OF ) has always been our market.

VR has created a few monsters it seems.

Reality is finally hitting home.

Carl Weathers

Better than A-Lyga journeymen?

Guest GhostHunter
Better than A-Lyga journeymen?

Most of these players would be an improvement imo.

Apart from 2 recent years when have things been any different ????????

The best of the rest ( the guys not good enough for the OF ) has always been our market.

VR has created a few monsters it seems.

Reality is finally hitting home.

Sad thing is Dex, these journeymen defecate on most of our squad from a great height.

This is what we've become.

This IS what we've become.

VR raises expectations, then shiiiiits all over us.

The end of the season is TOO late for a new manager.

If he REALLY is seeing that things are going tits up, then NOW is the time for him to act.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What we need, more than anything else, is a leader on the pitch again. Pressley personified that in his time here but in terms of playing ability, he's past it.

However, a no-nonsense stopper in his mould to partner Berra is a must. Build the team from the back.

davemclaren

If he REALLY is seeing that things are going tits up, then NOW is the time for him to act.

I don't see the connection tbh. Getting players better than we have is always a positive. If someone is in the frame they'll be thinking about who they want anyway and when the window opens should be able to act.

Drylaw Hearts

Dex,

I'd gladly accept going back to trying to sign the best of the rest.

It's all I'd ever known.

And I was happy with it.

GB built a team that was good enough to take us up a level but that team was destroyed by VR.

The same VR you defended for 2 years whilst he was doing so btw.

So hopefully normal service will resume and players like Kerr and Nicholson will be realistic targets.

And the days of signing players like No.28 after being linked with players a of a much higher calibre have finally gone.

We all need to get our feet back on the ground and realise that, at best, things on the park will go back to the days of Mercer and CPR/Deans.

Also......

JKB and many of its members are as responsible for raising the expectations EVERYBIT as much as VR.

All the rumours of who's signing and big 'nudge nudge wink wink' stories have bitten many JKB'ers on the arse

Many were used and sold their sole. And for what ?

You, amongst many others, believed.

You shouldn't have.

First thing I would do is table a 700k bid for Russell Anderdson.

Now you're talking. Can you imagine how much he would add to Christophe Berra's game as well ?

I'd take Nicholson and Miller from the original list too.

McCormack's a no-brainer but he's Premiership-bound anyway.

JamboJoker98

If we want to talk about players out of contract at the end of the season we need a manager in before then to decide if he wants them, otherwise they'll be off! There's gotta be better around than that lot, the only decent player there is McCormack

Drylaw Hearts
Now you're talking. Can you imagine how much he would add to Christophe Berra's game as well ?

I'd take Nicholson and Miller from the original list too.

Agreed.

McCormack's a no-brainer but he's Premiership-bound anyway.

He was rumoured to be signing a pre-contract with Wigan but it hasn't yet happened.

rudi must stay

was really impressed with Moutinho yesterday. He only plays well when he can be bothered though. Do we really need another of those players?

Out of those players the only good signing would be Nicholson, for exactly the reason you pointed out.

bilstonjambo

yes thats what im talking about, back to basics, bring on the best of the rest, a bit of stability about the whole club, guys who will at least put a shift in for you. id gladly take any of those players mentioned.

dexter, your heads in the clouds buddy if you really think under this current regime we are capable of anything else.

This thread reminds me of so many before on earlier incarnations of JKB.

Kris Boyd - "Not good enough." "All he does is score goals" !?!?!?!?

Scott McDonald - "Too small." "Motherwell's his level - not the type of player to take us onto the next level"

With the pish we watch every week how anybody can say decent players plying their trade for other SPL clubs are "Not good enough" beats me.

I can list about a dozen players currently in and around the Hearts first team right now who are "Not good enough".

rudi must stay

very true. We have money if we want to get players we can put in a bid and buy them

First thing I would do is table a 700k bid for Russell Anderdson.

Agreed!!

Said it during the close season before he moved to Sunderland. Chances are he'll move to Plymouth.

Would take Lee Miller back given yesterdays performance from the forward dream team of Elliot and Mole. Possibly take Barry Nicholson but I'd be tempted to make a bid for Jamie Smith.

Compared to some of the dross we have at the moment, i'd probably take any of those guys that the OP mentions.

There is plenty of SPL "journeymen" who you scoffed at as not good enough for Hearts in the past who would have been great signings for Hearts, but you bought into the dream so badly you thought they weren't good enough for us.

Scott McDonald anyone??

Fat Striker
This thread reminds me of so many before on earlier incarnations of JKB.

Kris Boyd - "Not good enough." "All he does is score goals" !?!?!?!?

Scott McDonald - "Too small." "Motherwell's his level - not the type of player to take us onto the next level"

With the pish we watch every week how anybody can say decent players plying their trade for other SPL clubs are "Not good enough" beats me.

I can list about a dozen players currently in and around the Hearts first team right now who are "Not good enough".

You can add Barry Robson to that list...

Tall, McCann, Pinilla, Stewart, Zaliukas, Kurskis, Kancelskis, Ivaskevicius.

Cheers. All can go in my opinion.

Has Aguair got a longer contract? Besijla?

Ryan Gosling

Aguiar and Beslija's deals expire next summer, along with a LOT of other players - Makela, Neilson, Goncalves, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis, Thomson, Karipidis, Ksanavicius.

Pinilla has a 4 year extension the club can take up, Stewart has a 2 year extension, McCann is in talks for a one-year extension as a player/coach.

Aguiar and Beslija's deals expire next summer, along with a LOT of other players - Makela, Neilson, Goncalves, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis, Thomson, Karipidis, Ksanavicius.

Pinilla has a 4 year extension the club can take up, Stewart has a 2 year extension, McCann is in talks for a one-year extension as a player/coach.

You have to be kidding? A guy who won't play with a little discomfort when we have 7 games to go and our main left winger is out injured? And he is going to be given another year? As ridiculous as the Ksnavicius deal.

Ryan Gosling
You have to be kidding? A guy who won't play with a little discomfort when we have 7 games to go and our main left winger is out injured? And he is going to be given another year? As ridiculous as the Ksnavicius deal.

I think it's mainly a coaching trial tbh.

Charlie-Brown

Michael Stewart's deal was announced as having an option after year 1 although I can't remember if it was a 2 or 3 year deal in total? Anyway I think he will be staying.

Aguiar Beslija & Makela & Neilson are all signed until next summer (2009) as far as Iam aware - not sure how long Goncalves contract lasts but it could be similar?

Pinilla is on some deal with an option to extend this summer - who knows what will happen with him?

I think it's mainly a coaching trial tbh.

Couldn't take him seriously as a coach - if he is not willing to bear a little bit of discomfort (not that I actually want him to play) and earn a bit of his million pounds by playing through that discomfort.

He should be thanked for his first spell at Hearts and forgotten about for his second - and certainly not kept on.

By The Light..

It's not gonna happen is it, if we were serious about competing in this league we would have tabled bids for any number of players over the years, incl the likes of Barry Robson, Naismith etc

With the exception of Mikey Stewart, who was the last player we signed from an SPL club?

Dennis Wyness maybe?

Ryan Gosling
It's not gonna happen is it, if we were serious about competing in this league we would have tabled bids for any number of players over the years, incl the likes of Barry Robson, Naismith etc

With the exception of Mikey Stewart, who was the last player we signed from an SPL club?

Dennis Wyness maybe?

Jamie McAllister.

Wyness was a first division player, as was Hartley.

By The Light..

Cheers S.H.P.

I forgot about that Left Back we desperately needed!

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/mcallisterjaimie.html

Jamie McAllister - June 2003 bought from Livingston

It needs to happen, check out the top scorers in the league, MacDonald, Robson, Boyd, but I don't see it happening, unless we get JJ, CL or MMcG or similar will complete control.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How do you know it's a 'little discomfort'?

I've got a plate in my arm and let me tell you it's fecking sore at times so I can't imagine what it's like in the ankle.

How do you know it's a 'little discomfort'?

I've got a plate in my arm and let me tell you it's fecking sore at times so I can't imagine what it's like in the ankle.

I read on the official site or in the papers that it was causing discomfort.

A guy who has taken a million pounds out of the club - in exchange for 20 crap games - should take the pain of playing even if it is sore. He is a disgrace.

Archived