Unconcious rule/ Hibs play an ineligable player?

Gambo

What is the rule about player who are knocked unconcious? I thought they had to be out for 3 weeks?

Reasing asking is that Hibs player Moiaris was in the press this week telling anyone who would listen that he could not remember his first goal for Hibs v Killie last week as he had been knocked unconcious (unconcious was the word he used) later in the game and was 'out' for about 20mins, yet he played v Rangers yesterday.

What is the rule about player who are knocked unconcious? I thought they had to be out for 3 weeks?

On the basis of that rule, Audrius Ksanavicius should be out for the season!

I think medically its 2 weeks (seem to remember that from playing rugby:confused:)

Not sure if there is a rule on it though.

I thought the rule was for concussion only? Just because someone gets knocked out doesn't mean they've got/had concussion.

I thought the rule was for concussion only? Just because someone gets knocked out doesn't mean they've got/had concussion.

Thats maybe what I'm thinking of in fact re the rugby.

Concussion is a form of brain damage albeit mild brain damage, that usually rectifies itself after 3 weeks, whereas anything can cause someone to become unconscious i.e. shock etc.

I think medically its 2 weeks (seem to remember that from playing rugby:confused:)

Not sure if there is a rule on it though.

Did you used to have willy battles in the showers after ?

:biggrin:

I think that the concussion thing is a rule in Rugby (If the doctor deems you to have suffered from concussion, the player is precluded from playing for 14 days) but not a rule in football.

Given the extra contact in Rugby, it is more likely that a player will clash heads.

I think that the concussion thing is a rule in Rugby (If the doctor deems you to have suffered from concussion, the player is precluded from playing for 14 days) but not a rule in football.

Given the extra contact in Rugby, it is more likely that a player will clash heads.

As oppossed to football where they have to header the ball?

As oppossed to football where they have to header the ball?

The ball is a bag of air, Rugby players purposely go head to head (literally) with their opposite number. They also end up under piles of rugger dudes that like dragging their studs over you. :)

Concussion is a form of brain damage albeit mild brain damage, that usually rectifies itself after 3 weeks, whereas anything can cause someone to become unconscious i.e. shock etc.

So everyone in Tynie would be unconscious from shock, if Elliot scores;)

never known anyone to become unconcious through shock unless it was an electric shock!!!:P

if i remeber rightly, players who are removed from play immediately due to being knocked out or concussed are banned medically from playing for 2 weeks, if they continue to play on and are later removed then the two week rule does not apply, think it only applies to rugger though

Archived