League reconstruction rant

david mcgee

Meetings on reconstruction my **** eye!

How can we make the bigot brothers better off more like.

Do any fans really think we matter a toss!

Scotland should have a single league of sixteen teams, the rest should be made to join the juniour ranks.

What clout do Stranrar, Albion Rovers, East Fife, Arbroath, Montrose.......................( i could go on all night) have, they are little more than social clubs.

Sadly their attendances speak for themselves, they are finished, completely unviable as businesses and totally pointless as league members because they have no ambition and will never win anything.

Let them compete in the junior leagues at least it would increase competition.

Scotland is a miniscule Country with its biggest clubs financially ruined.

Get shot of the hangers on, concentrate on having a successful Premier league.

Share the revenue more equally and strengthen some of the lesser lights, cant the bigger clubs see that this would in turn strengthen them, at the end of the day the biggest supported teams will always hold the edge financially, but with a competitive league Scottish football may yet be attractive to television and may even stop being the laughing stock of World football.

I feel we dont have long to get this right, the consequences of failing is likely to lead to losing clubs like Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dundee United ( again i could go on) but we can always replace them with giants like Peterhead and Huntly and Cowdenbeath.

Meetings on reconstruction my **** eye!

How can we make the bigot brothers better off more like.

Do any fans really think we matter a toss!

Scotland should have a single league of sixteen teams, the rest should be made to join the juniour ranks.

What clout do Stranrar, Albion Rovers, East Fife, Arbroath, Montrose.......................( i could go on all night) have, they are little more than social clubs.

Sadly their attendances speak for themselves, they are finished, completely unviable as businesses and totally pointless as league members because they have no ambition and will never win anything.

Let them compete in the junior leagues at least it would increase competition.

Scotland is a miniscule Country with its biggest clubs financially ruined.

Get shot of the hangers on, concentrate on having a successful Premier league.

Share the revenue more equally and strengthen some of the lesser lights, cant the bigger clubs see that this would in turn strengthen them, at the end of the day the biggest supported teams will always hold the edge financially, but with a competitive league Scottish football may yet be attractive to television and may even stop being the laughing stock of World football.

I feel we dont have long to get this right, the consequences of failing is likely to lead to losing clubs like Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dundee United ( again i could go on) but we can always replace them with giants like Peterhead and Huntly and Cowdenbeath.

Quite offensive to a number of SFL clubs there.

Well done.

Quite offensive to a number of SFL clubs there.

Well done.

Well what can i say.

If your average home gate is 300, so what!

I could get more people turning up to a jumble sale in my back garden.

Why do these clubs get financial bacing from the SFA and Sfl, it just dilutes the money available?

I know junior league clubs that get bigger gates and in some cases pay their players more handsomely, let them fight it out for promotion to the top league.

I am not asking for these clubs to disappear, just to compete in a competitive league and prove their ambition.

Archived