Goodwillie Thread

Guest GhostHunter

jambos are go!

Maybe the alleged victim could be given some respect and the benefit of the doubt on here till the law takes it course.

Maybe the alleged victim could be given some respect and the benefit of the doubt on here till the law takes it course.

and perhaps the alleged perpetrator of the alleged crime could be given the same respect??

I know nothing of the particulars of this case either but where this case may get interesting is that the laws regarding consent changed recently when the Sexual Offences (Scotland) act came into effect on 1st December.

There are some significant changes to consent and the withdrawl of consent at any time.

I wouldn't like to be in Goodwillie's shoes at the moment, guilty or not.

This may sound weird, but any chance you could explain the changes? To be honest, I am not up on amendments to acts of law, my work deal with beer!:thumbsup:

following on from this...

i was thinking about the contractual implications of such things. presumably there are no penalties attached to players' contracts in the event of them damaging their market value (which i suppose is not tangible) by involving themselves in court proceedings and/or serving prison terms (when applicable).

as things stand, a club may have a highly valuable asset in a player but that (hypothetical) player can end up destroying the club's asset by getting himself imprisoned. through no fault of it's own, the club could end up out of pocket through the actions of it's employee.

can clubs protect themselves from this unusual set of hypothetical circumstances? should they be looking to?

It depends on how explicit his contract is. On Soccer A.M. recently, Peter Schmeichel remarked that there were certain things written into his contract that he couldn't do. He referred to Motorcycling and certain kinds of sports. I wonder if there is some sort of clause in there, possibly there for the purposes of public speech or airing unpopular views, but I'd be very surprised if there was not some sort of asset protection in there.

But, I haven't been a football player nor have I seen a footballers contract.

Well im from stirling myself and i do happen to know the goodwille family very well as i hang about with his sister and let me tell you all theres no danger that any off this is true.Also People on here have a short memory as i do belive we ie Hearts fans also have a hearts player in the same situation ie Craig thomson .SO FOR ALL THE MOD EDITS ON HERE GET A GRIP INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

Even before this he was not the sort of person you would want at your club for his off the field activities and now even less so -- may well be a 'right hard man' to his mates but just a small boy trying to grow up in the real world of football -- perhaps this may make him grow up but he has had opportunities before and let the club down.

As to guilt well lets wait and see .......... but not a player to rely on unless you're in a boxing ring.

williamgerrard

and perhaps the alleged perpetrator of the alleged crime could be given the same respect??

Thats very true Bev atleast some 1 see s sence people these days are far to quick to judge someone lets wait until the laws decides then judge after that

Well ive been brought up with david and his sister im not saying hes innoocent but there to many on here judging him before the law has even judged him no wonder i hate kickback at time coz there is so many idiots on here there is a saying in this country INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and for the record its far to easy for a gurl to cry rape these days ive seen it happen before with a gurl and a freind i both know well and it turned out thegurl was full of shit and a disgrace to the real victims

In fairness I've not really seen too many people calling for him to be strung up. People are being very balanced on it all. I'm going to keep my opinions on the matter to myself until a conviction has/hasn't been made.

I'd like to echo BH's sentiments and advise that you don't say much more on the matter as you could be doing him more damage than good shouting your mouth off on here, no offence meant but that's how it's coming across.

Well ive been brought up with david and his sister im not saying hes innoocent but there to many on here judging him before the law has even judged him no wonder i hate kickback at time coz there is so many idiots on here there is a saying in this country INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and for the record its far to easy for a gurl to cry rape these days ive seen it happen before with a gurl and a freind i both know well and it turned out thegurl was full of shit and a disgrace to the real victims

No offence but you basically said he was innocent in your previous post. I don't think you knowing someone who was wrongly accused of rape has any bearing on this case.

There is no way that I could possibly know if Goodwillie is guilty or not. Fans always give players abuse over this type of thing (regardless of if the player is guilty or not). That's just the way it is. I wouldn't read threads about Goodwillie being accused of rape if I knew him personally as I'd know exactly what to expect from them.

Johanes de Silentio

Believe his Chairman has been a naughty boy with a young lady from hospitality.

Allegedley.

:whistling:

Ahah - so that's the dirt they've used to make him change his mind over league reconstruction - it's all suddenly making sense! :thumbsup:

This may sound weird, but any chance you could explain the changes? To be honest, I am not up on amendments to acts of law, my work deal with beer!:thumbsup:

It depends on how explicit his contract is. On Soccer A.M. recently, Peter Schmeichel remarked that there were certain things written into his contract that he couldn't do. He referred to Motorcycling and certain kinds of sports. I wonder if there is some sort of clause in there, possibly there for the purposes of public speech or airing unpopular views, but I'd be very surprised if there was not some sort of asset protection in there.

But, I haven't been a football player nor have I seen a footballers contract.

my thoughts also. it does seem a bit precarious for football clubs to be investing large sums of money into footballers if they can be completely usurped by the actions of the very same footballer. there will no doubt be insurance policies for injury, illness and possibly even death. it seems highly unlikely that this kind of scenario could be covered by an insurance policy.

even without detailed clauses of a contract, if i was a football club owner then i would be looking to sue the knickers off a player who cost the club a sum of money in this (hypothetical) way.

Well ive been brought up with david and his sister im not saying hes innoocent but there to many pwicks on here judging him before the law has even judged him no wonder i hate kickback at time coz there is so many idiots on here there is a saying in this country INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and for the record its far to easy for a gurl to cry rape these days ive seen it happen before with a gurl and a freind i both know well and it turned out thegurl was full of shit and a disgrace to the real victims

And this girl MIGHT be a real victim. That comment is showing precisely the lack of respect you are demanding goodwillie is shown.

I appreciate you know him so it must be a lot more difficult to distance youself on the subject. But of course people are going to speculate and mock. Its the nature of the beast, hes a public figure. It doest make it right but you cant condemn anyone who does it just because you know this particular individual. you can tpick and choose when to be offended. For instance have you ever laughed at john Leslie, or even our own like Craig Thomson who you think is in a similar situation, which by the way he really isnt.

The Mighty Thor

And i sell wine in mine :thumbsup:

The major differences are to do with consent or 'free agreement' and when consent can be withdrawn. It's very complex, apparently. Suffice to say i'd think twice about taking someone home pished for a one-nighter unless i got consent written in triplicate.

see the link for an outline

My link

And this girl MIGHT be a real victim. That comment is showing precisely the lack of respect you are demanding goodwillie is shown.

I appreciate you know him so it must be a lot more difficult to distance youself on the subject. But of course people are going to speculate and mock. Its the nature of the beast, hes a public figure. It doest make it right but you cant condemn anyone who does it just because you know this particular individual. you can tpick and choose when to be offended. For instance have you ever laughed at john Leslie, or even our own like Craig Thomson who you think is in a similar situation, which by the way he really isnt.

Bad word choice. :whistling:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Personally I'd ban these threads if i were a Mod

There's absolutely nothing to be gained from them bar hearsay, conjecture and ill informed opinions where the lives, reputations and livelihoods of two young people are at risk

They have absolutely no place on Kickback, and as Big Dunc B would say, for that reason I'm out

duncanDM1603_468x385.jpg

my thoughts also. it does seem a bit precarious for football clubs to be investing large sums of money into footballers if they can be completely usurped by the actions of the very same footballer. there will no doubt be insurance policies for injury, illness and possibly even death. it seems highly unlikely that this kind of scenario could be covered by an insurance policy.

even without detailed clauses of a contract, if i was a football club owner then i would be looking to sue the knickers off a player who cost the club a sum of money in this (hypothetical) way.

I wonder if they could cry "bringing the club into disrepute"?

For example, (and for anybody stupid, I am not endorsing these things, just being hypothetical) imagine he came out and admitted he was homophobic or racist. Making derogatory remarks. Imagine he was in the Klan or some "gay killer" group. That sort of thing would render him pretty much worthless (in most parts of the civilised world) and I am sure the club would have something to say about it.

Toxteth O'Grady

Whether he is guilty or not, for this alleged crime, statistically the odds are in his favour. It's always a hard one to prove.

In the short term it will surely scupper any move from Utd.

Thats what Chelsea did when they sued Mutu was it not? :unsure:

For example, (and for anybody stupid, I am not endorsing these things, just being hypothetical) imagine he came out and admitted he was homophobic or racist. Making derogatory remarks. Imagine he was in the Klan or some "gay killer" group. That sort of thing would render him pretty much worthless (in most parts of the civilised world) and I am sure the club would have something to say about it.

Might be wrong, but has there not been a couple of Lazio players in recent times that have been vocal about what they believe? That dude who smacked free kicks?

Can remember from reading a book on Spanish football that some clubs players were right vocal on their stance on France - that was a long time ago, granted.

they would indeed.

apart from the full weight of the law and the stigma and/or shame involved with (hypothetical) crimes, i wouldn't wish to be a footballer in a similar situation to the one being loosely described here. the same can of course be said of anyone else in any other normal job.

it's just that the potential swing in terms of lifestyle and earning potential is pretty stark for a high profile footballer.

Thats what Chelsea did when they sued Mutu was it not? :unsure:

Lets be honest its all about how valuable an asset they are. If David Kucharski got caught doing something naughty, I imagine it would be a different outcome to sat Temps. But its a business, cant blame them.

He has been charged with allegedly Raping a 24 year old from Armadale! I for one am hoping it isnt true as this is no way to treat someones Granny!!!

On a serious note. Innoent till proven guilty and all that!!

Might be wrong, but has there not been a couple of Lazio players in recent times that have been vocal about what they believe? That dude who smacked free kicks?

Can remember from reading a book on Spanish football that some clubs players were right vocal on their stance on France - that was a long time ago, granted.

At the risk of going down a dirty path, Lazio do have that in their locker. Di Canio threw salutes during a game, Mijalovic (the one you refer to) did it and I think there is a right wing Lazio supporters club.

So, if Goodwillie had done that and was good enough, he could go and play for Lazio! :laugh:

At the risk of going down a dirty path, Lazio do have that in their locker. Di Canio threw salutes during a game, Mijalovic (the one you refer to) did it and I think there is a right wing Lazio supporters club.

So, if Goodwillie had done that and was good enough, he could go and play for Lazio! :laugh:

Great move for the lad - Lazio are having a decent season.

teehee.gif

I don't really give a ****.

Rapist (allegedly) or not, he'll always be a tosser. Total ****.

You ever thought about going into law?

jambos are go!

Thats very true Bev atleast some 1 see s sence people these days are far to quick to judge someone lets wait until the laws decides then judge after that

'Well ive been brought up with david and his sister im not saying hes innoocent but there to many pwicks on here judging him before the law has even judged him no wonder i hate kickback at time coz there is so many idiots on here there is a saying in this country INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and for the record its far to easy for a gurl to cry rape these days ive seen it happen before with a gurl and a freind i both know well and it turned out thegurl was full of shit and a disgrace to the real victims'

Aye your post quoted above is the height of impartiality I dont think.

I just hope he misses the rescheduled game against us, as he was Dundee Utd only hope of scoring!!

I couldnt give a flying **** about guilty or not guilty.....

Believe his Chairman has been a naughty boy with a young lady from hospitality.

Allegedley.

:whistling:

also doing the rounds in dundee the young lady is the daughter of another dundee utd director if true im sure he has other things on his mind than how many teams there are in the league.

allegedly

Toxteth O'Grady

He has been charged with allegedly Raping a 24 year old from Armadale! I for one am hoping it isnt true as this is no way to treat someones Granny!!!

:lol:

A party in Armadale? His social life is going to the dogs

Goodwillie is quite a lad isn't he, noticed from a couple of google searches he has previous, obviously getting this years charge in early!

2008 - Guilty and fined for bar brawl - scroll down to bottom

http://www.stv.tv/weather/136214-spl-bad-boy-goodwillie-gets-off-with-fine/

2009 - Found guilty of assualt here - fined ?200 + ?100 and asked for 2 months to pay!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2723771/Dundee-United-star-guilty-of-assault.html

2010 - Involved in Glasgow pagger - don't know if this has progressed yet....

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/article/7140/dundee-united-s-david-goodwillie-and-scott-allan-arrested-in-glasgow.html

2011 - Hmmmm.....

Italian Lambretta

He makes Joey Barton look like snow white :unsure:

Goodwillie is quite a lad isn't he, noticed from a couple of google searches he has previous, obviously getting this years charge in early!

2009 - Found guilty of assualt here - fined ?200 + ?100 and asked for 2 months to pay!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2723771/Dundee-United-star-guilty-of-assault.html

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/article/7140/dundee-united-s-david-goodwillie-and-scott-allan-arrested-in-glasgow.html

2011 - Hmmmm.....

2011 - Hmmmm.....

In all seriousness doesnt bode well should he be found guilty with regards to his punishment. unlikely to escape a first offenders or out of character sentence.

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry if already posted but Beeb stating Goody been charged now.

Ok thought he was just being questioned and see this was announced earlier today :D

Goodwillie and mcgregor on the pull on a team night out, lock up your daughters!

What would be the point? They'd only kick the door in :whistling:

With forensics now, rape although still difficult must be easier to prove than it was thirty years ago.

Being charged only to my mind indicates the police have reasonable and probable grounds to believe an offence has been committed,not necessarily that one has, the Court will decide innocence or guilt.

Knowing someone be it neighbour or friend who is a good, nice, well living individual does not preclude the possibility of that individual on even a one time basis making a serious error of judgement.

I am not sure about Scottish football, but many professional sports and other contracts now contain morality clauses, I would suppose they differ in content and context as to how and when the contract has been contravened.

With reference to certain professions and jobs, because of their inherent risk of extreme public scrutiny it is generally wise to conduct yourself in a manner that reduces the opportunity to be placed in an adverse situation. When placed in the position generally by your own actions, the best action is just to weave with the punches, the public interest is only good for about four days, and then the latest headline grabs their interest

polwarthjambo

also doing the rounds in dundee the young lady is the daughter of another dundee utd director if true im sure he has other things on his mind than how many teams there are in the league.

allegedly

The daughter of this dundee united director perhaps? http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=3768&cd=2011

dundee utd are a mess.

the windae cleaner

from the arabs main website

"17 January 2011

Derek Robertson has now stepped down from his position as Director of the Club. As you will recall, Derek originally retired last year but agreed to return to assist in particular with the additional workload leading up to the Cup Final and our return to Europe. Having now fufilled his agreement, he has decided it's time to step down from his official duties and, at last, make full use of his season ticket in the Eddie Thompson Stand."

also hearing rumours it was someone at utds daughter :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

His move to Rangers is definitely off now and instead he'll be signing for Peterhead where they hope to play him on the wings :ninja:

:runaway:

"17 January 2011

Derek Robertson has now stepped down from his position as Director of the Club. As you will recall, Derek originally retired last year but agreed to return to assist in particular with the additional workload leading up to the Cup Final and our return to Europe. Having now fufilled his agreement, he has decided it's time to step down from his official duties and, at last, make full use of his season ticket in the Eddie Thompson Stand."

A Honey Trap wont be the first and wont be the last :whistling:

"17 January 2011

Im sure the other boy, Robertson, is from Livi so could it be his sis???

Y'know, there are some footballers out there with whom such revelations would come as a huge shock or surprise. As an example, I'll use our very own Ruben Palazuelos. If I were to waken up tomorrow to stories of HIM being charged with rape, my jaw would hit the deck.

Then there are other footballers. Ones with whom such revelations cause absolutely no shock or surprise at all. Unfortunately, Mr Goodwillie is a prime example of this kinda player. With him and those of his ilk, its a case of 'when' rather than 'if' these kinda headlines will appear.

Guilty or not, my opinion of the guy hasnt changed since first seeing him a few years back. Allegations such as this just back that opinion up.

You can now add his name to the ever growing list of young Scottish footballers gifted with a talent which will inevitably go to waste. Talent which, dare I say it, folk like him dont deserve.

Genuinely the type of player I associate with Hibs.

ToadKiller Dog

I know Huston does not want to play Wullie but will only do so if ordered to do so by the chairman , By accounts its alleged all hell broke loose at Tannadump on friday over Goodwullie and the Chairmans own problems ,could maybe also explain the late call off .

A Honey Trap wont be the first and wont be the last :whistling:

[mod edit]

A bit off, chaps.

Now, I know that Gordon is probably joking (don't think JRB has the nous to do that) but lets be absolutely clear on this. We know nothing of this story and speculating on the girl being a "honey trap" is just as bad as speculating about Goodwillie's guilt. As Gordon is joking, I know that he is aware of this, but, rape has absolutely nothing to do with how a lady dresses.

It's an interesting one. Although he is not in my social circle, I know David Robertson personally from school and from football and my initial reaction is i'm sad to see he's caught up in this as i personally think he's a good lad.

I see DR quite a lot on nights out etc and Goodwillie has been there on occasions too.

I am pretty sure i will know who this girl is with her age and being in Armadale etc. Unless she isn't from the area.

There are plenty rumours and names flying about our way. But i am taking them for what they are. Rumours.

Innocent until proven guilty.

As per the Lothians & Borders website...

A 21-year-old man has been charged in connection with an alleged serious sexual assault on a 24-year-old woman in Armadale on the 2nd of January.

The individual concerned has been released to appear at Livingston Sheriff Court at a later date.

Inquiries into the incident are ongoing.

This should be all that is printed in the media.

Regardless, JKB is an internet forum and rumours are just that.

Archived