What bus is best?

jambobroch

I've never been a member of a supporters club, and have never really been a regular attender at away games. I don't really have the core group of Jambo pals that usually comes with being a supporter, a product of being brought up in the north east and being one of only 6 jambos in my entire town (including my dad and me).

I've moved to Edinburgh for university and know that I'll stay here for good, and this is my third season as a ST holder. However I want to start going to a few more away games, but my girlfriend and my Dad, who travel to Edinburgh for the home games, can't really get to away games other than Pittodrie and occasionally Tannadice (what a nice day out in Dundee I had last Saturday...). I'm keen, especially this season (glory hunter see?) to get to some of the other away games, starting with Killie tomorrow.

So, is there a particular bus that would be suited to me just turning up on my own and getting involved, are there any I should definitely avoid (I want to have a drink and sing, but I'm not a fan of the red hand waving etc)?

Lastly, is anyone else in a similar position? Also, how bad is the University of Edinburgh? There hardly seems to be any Jambos here at all, does my head in!

Cheers.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I've never been a member of a supporters club, and have never really been a regular attender at away games. I don't really have the core group of Jambo pals that usually comes with being a supporter, a product of being brought up in the north east and being one of only 6 jambos in my entire town (including my dad and me).

I've moved to Edinburgh for university and know that I'll stay here for good, and this is my third season as a ST holder. However I want to start going to a few more away games, but my girlfriend and my Dad, who travel to Edinburgh for the home games, can't really get to away games other than Pittodrie and occasionally Tannadice (what a nice day out in Dundee I had last Saturday...). I'm keen, especially this season (glory hunter see?) to get to some of the other away games, starting with Killie tomorrow.

So, is there a particular bus that would be suited to me just turning up on my own and getting involved, are there any I should definitely avoid (I want to have a drink and sing, but I'm not a fan of the red hand waving etc)?

Lastly, is anyone else in a similar position? Also, how bad is the University of Edinburgh? There hardly seems to be any Jambos here at all, does my head in!

Cheers.

You have a PM, eventually.

All the buses are good in their own unique way I would suggest you travel As a non member first and see what one fits your needs, we leave from the tynie arms at five tomorrow and you are welcome to come along

Dougie Masterton

A i see good game .... I would have suggested the Pivot :-)

Don't go with the Pivot, savages every last one of them. :teehee:

Guest Pressleyno1

Broxburn Hearts used to be pretty wild, they once raided an empty bar in Pitlochry. Meet in Masonic on Station rd before games.

Broxburn Hearts used to be pretty wild, they once raided an empty bar in Pitlochry. Meet in Masonic on Station rd before games.

Haha interesting story.......actually very few people get on in Broxburn these days, meeting place is now the Oatridge Hotel in Uphall...

Guest Pressleyno1

Haha interesting story.......actually very few people get on in Broxburn these days, meeting place is now the Oatridge Hotel in Uphall...

Everyone wins

Archived