Lee Miller

stumo

Would be a decent shout for a six month loan imo. Adds depth to front line especially if kyle gonna be out

opinions?

Snake Plissken

He went back to Boro last week apparently.

You're right.

We certainly could use someone to cover for Kyle and Miller is someone who could step in.

You're right.

We certainly could use someone to cover for Kyle and Miller is someone who could step in.

Absolutely, a proven goal scorer for us in the past.

Don't think he is the same type of player as KK but would bang in a few as he is a player who likes having alot set up for him.

It doesn't really solve the long-term problem of what we do when Kyle can't play. Because he's big and puts himself about a lot, he's going to pick up both injuries and suspensions, so we do need a plan for what we do when he's not available. Signing someone on loan this year might help now, but we do need to come up with an alternative that will still be around next season as well.

Snake Plissken

It doesn't really solve the long-term problem of what we do when Kyle can't play. Because he's big and puts himself about a lot, he's going to pick up both injuries and suspensions, so we do need a plan for what we do when he's not available. Signing someone on loan this year might help now, but we do need to come up with an alternative that will still be around next season as well.

While this is true, we are in contention for the top of the table this season and if we don't have Kyle we don't look nearly as potent.

I don't think we'll win the league but having some options up front will give us a better chance. At the very least we can wrap up a European place which will help our long term goals.

Can't play for 3 clubs in a season!

You can depending on the nature of the loan to Notts County IIRC. If it was an 'emergency loan', which I assume it was considering when he moved, he can still go somewhere else.

Can't play for 3 clubs in a season!

I actually think he has to "kick a ball" for whoever he is registered to. Unless someone else could confirm. I don't think he's played for Boro at all this season.

Drylaw Hearts

You can depending on the nature of the loan to Notts County IIRC. If it was an 'emergency loan', which I assume it was considering when he moved, he can still go somewhere else.

I brought up the 3 club rule last week and someone posted a link confirming Lee Miller was indeed an emergency loan signing for Notts County which means he'd be free to play for another club this season.

Have the management team not declared publicaly that we don't do loan deals? For the record though, I think he would be a good addition.

oh ah grantona

Have the management team not declared publicaly that we don't do loan deals? For the record though, I think he would be a good addition.

Only if a loan suits us i.e we buy after loan period, But the managment have been making noises that we aint really in the market thats my personal feeling tho

Prince Buaben

I actually think he has to "kick a ball" for whoever he is registered to. Unless someone else could confirm. I don't think he's played for Boro at all this season.

According to Middelsbourgh website he has made one sub appearance. If I remember correctly something similar stopped rangers offloading cousin a couple of years ago.

Not how emergency loans work to the rule. Although wouldn't emergency loans only reallybe for a goalkeeper?

Not how emergency loans work to the rule. Although wouldn't emergency loans only reallybe for a goalkeeper?

The lower leagues use them to help get round the restrictions of the transfer windows.

According to Middelsbourgh website he has made one sub appearance. If I remember correctly something similar stopped rangers offloading cousin a couple of years ago.

Johnny Stewart went to Dundee on an "emergency loan".

I don't like Miller. I hope he never pulls on the famous Maroon jersey again.*

*Unless JJ, who to be fare is a far better judge of a player than me, says otherwise.

There must be the next Mark De Vries out there somewhere - is the art of scouting dead these days?

It seems the only players most clubs sign these days are those who have been doing the rounds in Britain or players respresented by agents who are on good terms with a manager.

Whilst I like Lee Miller, I'd like to think that our transfer targets are not limited to ex-players or former SPL players. It's a big ol' world folks.

Whilst I like Lee Miller, I'd like to think that our transfer targets are not limited to ex-players or former SPL players. It's a big ol' world folks.

Correct BigH, that is all :thumbsup:

Archived