Pleasing

scott_jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

.post-89-0-93543600-1295234567_thumb.jpg

laugh.gif

Don't think we should gloat after last Tuesday's 5,600 gate and 2 stands closed against St Johnstone

Don't think we should gloat after last Tuesday's 5,600 gate and 2 stands closed against St Johnstone

Actually, I disagree. We should definitely gloat.

The Hivs crowd against ra sellick was ATROCIOUS. More empty seats than fans in the home stands.

Dont you know it is actually a virus that is spreading week by week the empty green seat virus it is known as once it takes hold it spreads very quickly. :lol::lol:

I think I'll gloat merrily, thanks.

HOHOHO!

Tinpot outfit, tinpot players, tinpot fans.

Get it right, and I mean RIGHT, up ye's!

13,649 - assume 10,000 home fans?

Not sure that is really quite so bad but what is VERY clear is that they do not need such a large ground. In fact, I don't think they will EVER fill it which must be some sort of record. :lol:

That's not an entirely bad figure for a Tuesday night early round cup game against St Johnstone - especially when you consider that they brought a total of about 16 away fans.

I think we have every right to snigger at the above photo given that it was a weekend SPL fixture against one of the Old Firm. So snigger I did. :)

Dont you know it is actually a virus that is spreading week by week the empty green seat virus it is known as once it takes hold it spreads very quickly. :lol::lol:

looked like the pitch has it's fair share of worms...

I thought it was over 6000?

How an attendance in a mid-week Scottish Cup tie against St. Johnstone (when season tickets don't count and two stands were closed) is relevant to a Hibs attendance against Celtic (with their new stand and increased capacity) I'll never know.

The Old Tolbooth

I thought it was over 6000?

The crowd for the St Johnstone match was 6,261, and I'm presuming that he meant there were around 5,600 Hearts fans there, which would be about right.

A Hibs fan I know who was at the game on Saturday told me that there was no way on gods earth that there was over 13k at that match, and he then accused Petrie of using the Jambo calculator to count attendances :lol:

I went easy on him as he was hurting, a lot! :D

The crowd for the St Johnstone match was 6,261, and I'm presuming that he meant there were around 5,600 Hearts fans there, which would be about right.

A Hibs fan I know who was at the game on Saturday told me that there was no way on gods earth that there was over 13k at that match, and he then accused Petrie of using the Jambo calculator to count attendances :lol:

I went easy on him as he was hurting, a lot! :D

There's no way on this earth that there were 660 St Johnstone fans there. Not a chance. Unless my mind was playing tricks on me and there were actually hundreds of them stuck up in the corner that I can't see from my seat. unsure.gif

13,649 - assume 10,000 home fans?

Not sure that is really quite so bad but what is VERY clear is that they do not need such a large ground. In fact, I don't think they will EVER fill it which must be some sort of record. :lol:

going by the OP's photo , they couldn't have filled a phone box that day

There is every reason to gloat. Games against the mhanks attract nearly a full house every time at tynie. The birds neighbours who are Hobo's said it was that dire they left at half time.

The Old Tolbooth

There's no way on this earth that there were 660 St Johnstone fans there. Not a chance. Unless my mind was playing tricks on me and there were actually hundreds of them stuck up in the corner that I can't see from my seat. unsure.gif

I thought there looked around 400 fermers there to be fair, but it was extremely dire all the same.

I know it's been said already but FFS, when did a Tuesday night in the cup against St Johnstone equate to a weekend game against the Old Firm?

Anyone not gloating at that embarrassing crowd (can you call it a crowd?) needs to lighten up a bit, or is suffering from Hibonomia :whistling:

Its been a long time baby

When in the match was this photo taken though? I saw the highlights on bbc and there more a lot more in that stand. Given where the stewards are standing in front of the stand it looks like the last few minutes of the game, we have people who leave early when we are winning (up to them) so when you are 3-0 down and having to listen to one of the old firm fans gloating theres no wonder that a lot left, Ive seen it a hundred times at tynecastle.

The People's Chimp

Hmm. Yet more suspicious posting from maroon won. Who on earth thinks ST Johnstone on a tuesday night is comparable to a saturday kick off against one of the old firm?

When in the match was this photo taken though? I saw the highlights on bbc and there more a lot more in that stand. Given where the stewards are standing in front of the stand it looks like the last few minutes of the game, we have people who leave early when we are winning (up to them) so when you are 3-0 down and having to listen to one of the old firm fans gloating theres no wonder that a lot left, Ive seen it a hundred times at tynecastle.

Two of my mates are ST holders at the San Giro. I texted them at the start of the game commenting that the crowd looked poor. When I texted them the crowd number, both replied 'absolute pi5h. Never that big'.

They should just shut that stand for the time being and save themself money on policing.

I wonder how many will be at the next home game if Ayr pump them tomorrow night.

Its been a long time baby

Two of my mates are ST holders at the San Giro. I texted them at the start of the game commenting that the crowd looked poor. When I texted them the crowd number, both replied 'absolute pi5h. Never that big'.

I know it wasnt a big crowd but was saying the photo looks to be taken at the end of the game. Im bored of we have a bigger support than hibs! We know it, they know it so forget about it! Also we couldnt even sell all our tickets for the first game at Tynecastle against rangers after we won the cup in 1998, now that is a poor show!

The Roseburn Stand originally held 3676 before the alterations to make the pitch a bit longer.(not sure how many seats were sacrificed? 1,2 hundred?) Say it went down to 3,500 for arguments sake.

Theres 5 sections, and say each roughly holds 700 give or take sections may vary slightly in numbers. Well, they did have a fair amount in that one section so there couldn`t have been far off 600.

I said when they mentoned that the TV gantry would be repositioned that it will give an excellent view of the half/quarter full bEast.

Whats worse is that some of the mutants have decanted from the stand behind the goals & that looks even worse than ever.

Hibs are a pissy wee diddy club & as if the demolition derby didn't confirm it, their ambition to have a 'super stadium' certainly puts the tin lid on it.

Archived