Zal

Devries4

jamboinglasgow

He is in all the papers with his award. Well done to him, has been important to the defence since he came back.

Could JJ make a clean sweep of awards? His december is 3 wins and a draw. The one I think could also get it is Mixu who had 2 wins and a draw against Celtic.

Well done zal,a double for hearts in december.We havent had that for a long time.long may it continue :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

A surprising choice tbh.

But it's always good to another couple of awards - it will keep the confidence up.

A surprising choice tbh.

But it's always good to another couple of awards - it will keep the confidence up.

is that you congratulating big zal there DH?

gritting-teeth-294x300.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

is that you congratulating big zal there DH?

gritting-teeth-294x300.jpg

Has hell frozen over ??

:woot:

Having said many complimentary things about Zal since his return I'm not sure why either of you should be in anyway surprised.

Zal has been good again in December, but the mistake at Motherwell I thought would of scuppered his chances - I think this is more a recognition of the last two months consistent performances.

I am losing patience a little with Bouzid, its clear he's leaving at the end of the season and I think Zal could bring on one of the young centre half's if paired beside him. I think Zal spends a lot of his time covering for Bouzid.

I am guessing we don't have any future Berra's or Webster's no? Are D Mcgowan and Balatoni the most promising out of the lot??

Having said many complimentary things about Zal since his return I'm not sure why either of you should be in anyway surprised.

"a surprising choice tbh"

don't lavish the compliments on the guy though. he might begin to let it go to his head.

Drylaw Hearts

"a surprising choice tbh"

don't lavish the compliments on the guy though. he might begin to let it go to his head.

I did think it was a surprise choice.

Didn't you ?

Didn't you ?

not really.

a team who went undefeated in the league for the month, losing precious few goals in the process. the main man in the centre of defence and club captain.

aye it's amazing DH.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Didn't you ?

With the amount of candidates due to postponements etc. I think it was fair to say a Hearts player would have been the obvious choice.

Zal would have been in my thoughts so its not really a surprise, no.

Didn't you ?

Zal agrees with you:

Of course I am surprised. I don't think December was a good month for me, maybe for the team but not for me.

Fair play to him though - he's screwed the nut this season and come back well after his early season bout of Vladflu. :thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

Zal agrees with you:

If I read Zal's comments correctly, his surprise was that it didn't go to to a Scottish player - "I thought it was just Scottish players who got it".

Ian Black was our best player in December.

That said, Zaliukas' form since coming back into the side has been his best at Hearts.

Well done zal,a double for hearts in december.We havent had that for a long time.

Yep, not since November when JJ and Temps won. :whistling::teehee:

i liked alot of zal's comments. it was interesting to see if journalists could see them as a mixture of sarcasm and black humour - he's very deadpan, but always toying with the hacks. Most of them saw it for what it was to be fair, but a few ran with the 'Us vs Them/Johnny Foreigner' line.

Anyway, well done big zal.

If I read Zal's comments correctly, his surprise was that it didn't go to to a Scottish player - "I thought it was just Scottish players who got it".

I think that was tongue in cheek. Or maybe we were meant to think it was but it probably wasn't. :biggrin:

He seemed surprised more on the basis that it wasn't really his best month performance-wise even if the team had performed well as a whole. Have to admit that I kind of agreed with him but figured that if he can win that award on the back of less than amazing performances then he must be doing something right.

Archived