Scott Robinson

Zibi

Anyone who watches the youths have any idea on how he is progressing now the club have decided to use him as an AM?

I always thought he looked promising in a very poor team last season and would like to think he could make an impression on the first team next year.

Also, is his contract up at the end of the season?

jamboinglasgow

Scott is doing well since coming back from injury in October (I think.) He is played in a midfield trio (which is very similar to the the midfield trio in the first team.) I would say he plays a similar role to Black, so he is not an attacking midfield but a player who moves the ball around and get forward when playing. Jason Holt plays the attacking midfield role well. I think if JJ allows him then Scott will do well in the future in the centre of midfield. I do think the midfield trio (Prychnenko, Robinson and Holt) all will make it at Hearts.

As for his contract, it is up at the end of the season but I would be very surprised if he was not offered a new one.

south morocco

Scott is doing well since coming back from injury in October (I think.) He is played in a midfield trio (which is very similar to the the midfield trio in the first team.) I would say he plays a similar role to Black, so he is not an attacking midfield but a player who moves the ball around and get forward when playing. Jason Holt plays the attacking midfield role well. I think if JJ allows him then Scott will do well in the future in the centre of midfield. I do think the midfield trio (Prychnenko, Robinson and Holt) all will make it at Hearts.

As for his contract, it is up at the end of the season but I would be very surprised if he was not offered a new one.

who is the guy Prychenko, i dont know anything about him?

jamboinglasgow

who is the guy Prychenko, i dont know anything about him?

If he continues into the first team like the way he does with the under 19s then you will know alot about him.

Denis Prychnenko is an 18 year old Ukranian defensive midfielder that came to the club last year. His is a strong tackler and also a good ball player. Has impressed JJ a lot. His greatest skill is his dead ball ability, namely his goal-scoring ability from free-kicks. So far in the Under 19 league he is the second top scorer with 10 (the leader is James Keatings of Celtic with 11) of those 10, 7 are from free-kicks (the other 3 are from penalties.) Against Hibs earlier in the season he scored 2 free-kicks in the game (including a screamer of one from 30 yards.)

Also was on our latest skills skool apperance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csJqEvL2mMI

south morocco

If he continues into the first team like the way he does with the under 19s then you will know alot about him.

Denis Prychnenko is an 18 year old Ukranian defensive midfielder that came to the club last year. His is a strong tackler and also a good ball player. Has impressed JJ a lot. His greatest skill is his dead ball ability, namely his goal-scoring ability from free-kicks. So far in the Under 19 league he is the second top scorer with 10 (the leader is James Keatings of Celtic with 11) of those 10, 7 are from free-kicks (the other 3 are from penalties.) Against Hibs earlier in the season he scored 2 free-kicks in the game (including a screamer of one from 30 yards.)

Also was on our latest skills skool apperance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csJqEvL2mMI

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Fantastic if three midfielders could all step up (at some point) from the 19's. Robinson has always looked like he has talent. When the time is right I hope jj gives him decent chance.

tartofmidlothian

I would say he plays a similar role to Black

Kind of surprised by that, I thought he'd play further up top.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks for all the insight JiG. Any idea how Ogleby and McHattie are doing? They both sounded like decent signings when we got them. McH plays LB, right?

jamboinglasgow

Kind of surprised by that, I thought he'd play further up top.

Yeah, thanks for all the insight JiG. Any idea how Ogleby and McHattie are doing? They both sounded like decent signings when we got them. McH plays LB, right?

They are both doing well. From the performances I have seen of Ogleby I have been pleased. He plays the lone striker really well and uses his pace to good effect (best I saw was once where from some reason he was quite slow when the ball was going past him and the defender ran past him only for Ogleby to overtake the defender in the space of 5 yards. He has a good desire to get into positions and can strike the ball well. Has scored 7 goals this season (4 in the league and a hat-trick in the cup.) Dont think he is anywhere near ready for the first team at the moment and suspect he will go away on loan next season like Gordon Smith has done this season but I think he has the ability given the right application and coaching to be a good striker for us.

Kevin McHattie is indeed a left back. He has been solid for us, done well on the left without excelling. But that is not nessecarily a bad thing. He still has another year after this year so I feel he will get better as he develops more. Though I would say the full back positions at the Under 19s is one of our strongest positions as on the right we have 17 year old Fraser Mullen who I rate (and possibly looks a better prospect then Craig Thomson.) Fraser's ability at passing and crossing is (in my opionion) the best at the club or potentally the best. He has many faults and can do with tightening up his defensive side a bit more but I think he has been one of our best players this season.

Footballfirst

I have great hopes for the whole of the U19s midfield as I believe that with everyone fit we have the best in the the country. Scott Robinson is an integral part of that and it's good to see that he has faith in his own ability by the choice that he took at the start of the season. He had the opportunity to go out on loan , but chose to stay and prove himself in his preferred position of midfield, even though it meant that he would spend another season with the U19s. His attitude and play has been first class since he rejoined the U19s.

Denis is the most improved player at the club. As JiG said his record with set pieces is exceptional. His dedication to work in training and to do extra sessions has rubbed off on a number of others who are now doing extra work on their own

McHattie was rated as a future Scotland player by Jim Leishman before his transfer from Dunfermline. He is excellent going forward and has also scored a couple of goals, one of which was an overhead kick in the last league game against Kilmarnock. He still has another season at U19.

Ogleby also has terrific potential. He has exceptional pace and the right physique for a striker. He was English Schools 200m sprint champion at U17 which means that he was in an elite group in athletics. He still has some weaknesses in his game that I'm sure the coaches are working on, such as his heading and anticipation. He has all the right attributes but with the right coaching he could make it. The 2nd half of the U19 season will be important to him as this is his last year at U19. He was capped by Wales at U21 earlier this season.

jamboinglasgow

I have great hopes for the whole of the U19s midfield as I believe that with everyone fit we have the best in the the country. Scott Robinson is an integral part of that and it's good to see that he has faith in his own ability by the choice that he took at the start of the season. He had the opportunity to go out on loan , but chose to stay and prove himself in his preferred position of midfield, even though it meant that he would spend another season with the U19s. His attitude and play has been first class since he rejoined the U19s.

Denis is the most improved player at the club. As JiG said his record with set pieces is exceptional. His dedication to work in training and to do extra sessions has rubbed off on a number of others who are now doing extra work on their own

McHattie was rated as a future Scotland player by Jim Leishman before his transfer from Dunfermline. He is excellent going forward and has also scored a couple of goals, one of which was an overhead kick in the last league game against Kilmarnock. He still has another season at U19.

Ogleby also has terrific potential. He has exceptional pace and the right physique for a striker. He was English Schools 200m sprint champion at U17 which means that he was in an elite group in athletics. He still has some weaknesses in his game that I'm sure the coaches are working on, such as his heading and anticipation. He has all the right attributes but with the right coaching he could make it. The 2nd half of the U19 season will be important to him as this is his last year at U19. He was capped by Wales at U21 earlier this season.

FF, I was thinking today watching the skills skool, of one of the players, Jordon Morton. Would you agree that he would be an amazing player had he got the mental determination of Denis. I do think of him that his ability is not in question. He has great skill, he can strike the ball like few other players but his head can go down too easily, get frustrated, making silly mistakes, not make the effort to make the right run etc and often leads to Darren yelling at him.

Johanes de Silentio

footballfirst and jamboinglasgow - you mentioned Craig Thomson - what's your current thinking on his development as a player, please? I know a lot of people used to rave about him before he hit the first team - how do you think he's doing? I like him as a player, btw! :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

FF, I was thinking today watching the skills skool, of one of the players, Jordon Morton. Would you agree that he would be an amazing player had he got the mental determination of Denis. I do think of him that his ability is not in question. He has great skill, he can strike the ball like few other players but his head can go down too easily, get frustrated, making silly mistakes, not make the effort to make the right run etc and often leads to Darren yelling at him.

Agreed

Footballfirst

footballfirst and jamboinglasgow - you mentioned Craig Thomson - what's your current thinking on his development as a player, please? I know a lot of people used to rave about him before he hit the first team - how do you think he's doing?

I still think he could be an exceptionnal player for us. I think he has been trying too hard in the limited opportunites he has had this season. Following his initial impact and success, I'm sure he now finds it difficult to relax in a game which has a knock on effect on his play. e.g if he mis-hits a cross, he tries all the harder to get it right next time, but like a golfers swing if he gets tight he mis-hits everything. Had we still had a reserve league, I think he would have progressed better with regular games and the comfort of knowing that if he did make a mistake it wouldn't be pounced upon. I also believe that his best position remains as a right back and not a midfielder.

I hope that his personal issues are sorted out asap so the he can focus 100% on his football.

Johanes de Silentio

I still think he could be an exceptionnal player for us. I think he has been trying too hard in the limited opportunites he has had this season. Following his initial impact and success, I'm sure he now finds it difficult to relax in a game which has a knock on effect on his play. e.g if he mis-hits a cross, he tries all the harder to get it right next time, but like a golfers swing if he gets tight he mis-hits everything. Had we still had a reserve league, I think he would have progressed better with regular games and the comfort of knowing that if he did make a mistake it wouldn't be pounced upon. I also believe that his best position remains as a right back and not a midfielder.

I hope that his personal issues are sorted out asap so the he can focus 100% on his football.

Cheers, FF - full back positions are always very difficult to fill - would be great if Craig could make that RB spot his own!

I agree about the confidence thing - he's still a young lad, so fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

I really hope Hearts continue for a reinstatement of the reserve league. The damage not having one has caused is tremendous!

Carl Fredrickson

Thanks FF for the regular updates on the under 19s and also to JiG for his views too. It is good to hear about a number of players who to many of us are just names at the moment.

I used to watch the reserves and youths regular when they played at Newtongrange (a few years ago now) and it was well worth going to see potential future stars,.

tartofmidlothian

Cheers for the info, JiG and Footballfirst. You guys should get your own sticky thread for questions like this, it's always good to hear news of our future stars.

I really hope Hearts continue for a reinstatement of the reserve league. The damage not having one has caused is tremendous!

100% in agreement with that!!!

Johanes de Silentio

Cheers for the info, JiG and Footballfirst. You guys should get your own sticky thread for questions like this, it's always good to hear news of our future stars.

Yup - except I suspect that a lot of people tend to ignore 'stickies' - I'm afraid that I tend to overlook them! :ninja:

Archived