SFA Youth Cup 1PM tomorrow !

Guest vanbasten1874

jamboinglasgow

I am planning to be there. Should be interesting to see which Hearts U19 side turn up, we beat them 4-0 away from home earlier on in the season but we seem to have a problem when the U19s haven't played a game for a few weeks.

I'm attending a cup tie at Dunbar (11am ko) and then hot footing to Tynecastle for the 1pm kick off ! Then to the pub for the 2nd half of the Liverpool derby ! Quality...

Wins for Musselburgh windsor,Hearts & Liverpool methinks :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

I'm attending a cup tie at Dunbar (11am ko) and then hot footing to Tynecastle for the 1pm kick off ! Then to the pub for the 2nd half of the Liverpool derby ! Quality...

Wins for Musselburgh windsor,Hearts & Liverpool methinks :thumbsup:

..... and Spurs v Man U to follow :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how the pitch is standing up to the rain. I can see Hearts calling it off to protect the pitch before next Saturday's game against Rangers

FF....I thought the Rangers game was in a fortnight (29th) ? Hopefully the pitch will absorb & drain well. Big Dennis with a trademark free kick,Rob O with one and Pom another.3-0 :whistling:

Footballfirst

FF....I thought the Rangers game was in a fortnight (29th) ? Hopefully the pitch will absorb & drain well. Big Dennis with a trademark free kick,Rob O with one and Pom another.3-0 :whistling:

You got me thinking that I had it wrong, but the official site confirms that the Rangers game is on Saturday 22nd at 12:45. I will settle for another 4-0 ... and I don't mind if they are all own goals :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Good luck to the young team i,m sure they'll do them no problem.darren murrys got them playing some not bad stuff and as a mate I hope it contiues.

future is maroon

I am planning to be there. Should be interesting to see which Hearts U19 side turn up, we beat them 4-0 away from home earlier on in the season but we seem to have a problem when the U19s haven't played a game for a few weeks.

Always been pretty impressed with our under 19's any time I have seen them play so looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Any idea if the wee teams wee team have managed any games in the past few weeks?

Seymour M Hersh

Unfortunately we're not able to make it but good luck to the lads. Go out and play your game and with the right attitude you'll win. :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Always been pretty impressed with our under 19's any time I have seen them play so looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Any idea if the wee teams wee team have managed any games in the past few weeks?

They beat St Mirren 2-1 in an indoor bounce game at Toryglen the same day as the 1st team played St Mirren (29th?). Dave Smith scored both Hearts goals. The team played very well according to the coaches.

All the U19 regulars played at least 30 mins in a 6-2 win against Musselburgh Athletic about 10 days ago. Jason Holt scored two of the goals. Again they passed the ball well despite playing on a heavy pitch,

future is maroon

They beat St Mirren 2-1 in an indoor bounce game at Toryglen the same day as the 1st team played St Mirren (29th?). Dave Smith scored both Hearts goals. The team played very well according to the coaches.

All the U19 regulars played at least 30 mins in a 6-2 win against Musselburgh Athletic about 10 days ago. Jason Holt scored two of the goals. Again they passed the ball well despite playing on a heavy pitch,

Cheers for the info - always great to get info on the young guys on here.

I had meant did you know if h*bs under 19s had managed any games recently (Realise I probably worded the question in my last post wrong). If Hearts under 19s struggle a bit if they aint played for a while then I was just wondering if that mob had managed to get some games in while we hadn't and therefore maybe had a slight edge going into this one

Footballfirst

I had meant did you know if h*bs under 19s had managed any games recently (Realise I probably worded the question in my last post wrong). If Hearts under 19s struggle a bit if they aint played for a while then I was just wondering if that mob had managed to get some games in while we hadn't and therefore maybe had a slight edge going into this one

Sorry, I misread the question having just come back from the pub. Hibs last competitive game was played more than two months ago on Nov 13th, so they will be in a similar position to ourselves. I don't know what bounce games they will have played in the meantime.

stirlingshirejambo

Just headin off now

looking forward to a good game and also catching a sight of Prychynenko for the first time

About to head off for this game. Genuinely excited to see how this one goes. Have thoroughly enjoyed the 19s this season & I fancy them to edge it today

As something of a neutral, it will be interesting to see how both teams adapt to the bigger stage (stadium etc)

The Old Tolbooth

Any chance of updates on this one from folk at the game? It would be greatly appreciated as I can't make it. :thumbsup:

Anybody trying to use the iPhone app to listen to the game? No joy at all for me but not sure of it's teethi g problems for the app or my crappy 3G phone!

Anybody trying to use the iPhone app to listen to the game? No joy at all for me but not sure of it's teethi g problems for the app or my crappy 3G phone!

I'm in the house mate using it through wifi and getting nothing at all.

half time 1.-0hibs. hibs started better but were gifted a goal by hearts, we had a free kick deep in there half and with 4hearts players around the ball we took it and passed straight to a hobo and it was a four v two break and they scored with there only shot on goal. Hearts took 25mins to take control of match but have been restricted to long distance shooting. If the hobo no7 knew how to hold his line (he strayed offside needlesly so many times i am sure he does not know the offside rule) we could be in more trouble. game is there for the taking. crowd about 400.

Footballfirst

A deeply disappointing performance today. Hearts were 2nd best throughout against a Hibs side that appeared to be more up for the challenge right from the start. Any thoughts of a comeback were scuppered by the needless red card for Fairley midway through the 2nd half when he gathered a through ball just outside the box. The red card seemed harsh for what was a misjudgement of his position, but I'm not sure how refs are meant to interpret such incidents. His replacement in goal, Jack Hamilton, did a similar thing at the side of the box but was yellow carded.

Team

Fairley

Mullen (King) McCormack C Hamilton McHattie

Morton (Patterson) Robinson Prychynenko Holt Smith (J Hamilton)

Ogleby

Hibs started the brighter side with Hearts midfield and front men struggling with their first touch. Hearts then conceded a needless goal after 11mins, with a move that started with a Hearts free kick 15 yards inside the Hibs half. The centre backs went up into the box for the free kick, but Scott Robinson played it short to Holt but overhit the pass which allowed Hibs to break 3 on 2. The ball was played down their left and cut back to the centre forward who took the ball round the keeper and scored from a tight angle.

Hearts gradually got a foothold in the game midway through the first half but were restricted to long range shots from Morton cutting in from the right onto his left foot and a shot from Smith into the side netting. Ogleby also managed to put a close in header just over the top.

The crowd expected that Hearts would come out for the 2nd half with more determination, but were to be disappointed as the game continued in a similar vein to the first with Hibs looking to have more drive and Hearts possession limited to the defensive areas with little threat up front. The decisive moment, however, was the red card to Fairley for his handball outside the box. Darren Murray was then forced to shuffle his pack and gamble to some extent,with Dave Smith sacrificed for the replacement keeper. The game opened up for a while but Hearts looked as likely to concede a 2nd goal on the break as they were of scoring themselves.

Denis Prychynenko had a couple of free kicks well saved by the Hibs keeper, but Hearts best chance came with 10 minutes left when Ogleby latched onto a long ball and crashed a shot against the face of the bar. It was to be Hearts last real opportunity of the game and Hibs were content to see out time for a deserved win.

Best for Hearts were Morton in the first half and both full backs who came up with some timely challenges.

A deeply disappointing performance today. Hearts were 2nd best throughout against a Hibs side that appeared to be more up for the challenge right from the start. Any thoughts of a comeback were scuppered by the needless red card for Fairley midway through the 2nd half when he gathered a through ball just outside the box. The red card seemed harsh for what was a misjudgement of his position, but I'm not sure how refs are meant to interpret such incidents. His replacement in goal, Jack Hamilton, did a similar thing at the side of the box but was yellow carded.

Team

Fairely

Mullen (King) McCormack C Hamilton McHattie

Morton (Patterson) Robinson Prychynenko Holt Smith (J Hamilton)

Ogleby

Hibs started the brighter side with Hearts midfield and front men struggling with their first touch. Hearts then conceded a needless goal after 11mins, with a move that started with a Hearts free kick 15 yards inside the Hibs half. The centre backs went up into the box for the free kick, but Scott Robinson played it short to Holt but overhit the pass which allowed Hibs to break 3 on 2. The ball was played down their left and cut back to the centre forward who took the ball round the keeper and scored from a tight angle.

Hearts gradually got a foothold in the game mid way through the first half but were restricted to long range shots from Morton cutting in from the right onto his left foot and a shot from Smith into the side netting. Ogleby also managed to put a close in header just over the top.

The crowd expected that Hearts would come out for the 2nd half with more determination, but were to be disappointed as the game continued in a similar vein to the first with Hibs looking to have more drive and Hearts possession limited to the defensive areas with little threat up front. The decisive moment, however, was the red card to Fairley for his handball outside the box. Darren Murray was then forced to shuffle his pack and gamble to some extent. The game opened up for a while but Hearts looked as likely to concede a 2nd goal on the break as they were of scoring themselves.

Denis Prychnenko had a couple of free kicks well saved by the Hibs keeper, but Hearts best chance came with 10 minutes left when Ogleby latched onto a long ball and crashed a shot against the face of the bar. It was to be Hearts last real opportunity of the game and Hibs were content to see out time for a deserved win.

Best for Hearts were Morton in the first half and the both full backs came up with some timely challenges.

Can't disagree with a lot of that although I thought we deserved a draw. Credit to Hibs though. They got themselves in front and defended very well. Jack Forster (number 5) was outstanding in particular.

I thought our man of the match was Kevin McHattie who was outstanding throughout.

A poor game played out by two very poor teams. Not one player amongst both of them on that showing.

Hearts were all huff and puff (as seems to be the way under D.M.) with very little football on show.

Hibs knocked it about a bit better but zero end product and had one of the worst footballers i have ever witnessed in their number 7, as i said earlier, this boy has no clue whatsoever about the offside rule, he was caught needlesly yards offside countless times.

Hibs scored from their only real shot on goal but it was gifted to them by Hearts, we had a free kick halfway inside their half, we had 4 (it only takes one of you to hit it) around the ball and Poom somehow decided he was going to pass it sideways straight to a hobo who broke away 4 on 2.

Prytychencho (spell) hit some decent free kicks which the goalie (straight from the Zibi school of Hibs goalkeeping by the way) saved and Ogelby smacked an effort of the bar after a decent run.

Hearts had their goalie sent off a third of the way into the second half for picking the ball up 6" outside the box, yet 10mins later the sub goalie picked it up 3yards outside the box and yet only got a yellow (both were not goalscoring opportunities).

Best player for Hearts was Prytychencho but that is not saying much.

I've seen bits and pieces of the u19's over the last 3 or 4 years and Darren Murray fills me with no confidence whatsover, he wants athletes, not football players. U19 coaching is an area we really IMO should be looking to improve on especially if we are going to be relying on players coming through. Yes players have come through but IMO that is inspite of Darren Murray and not because of Darren Murray.

Best for Hearts were Morton in the first half and both full backs who came up with some timely challenges.

Shows how folk see the game differently, i thought they were absolutely honking against 2 very poor Hibs wide men.

Patrick Bateman

I've seen bits and pieces of the u19's over the last 3 or 4 years and Darren Murray fills me with no confidence whatsover, he wants athletes, not football players. U19 coaching is an area we really IMO should be looking to improve on especially if we are going to be relying on players coming through. Yes players have come through but IMO that is inspite of Darren Murray and not because of Darren Murray.

Agreed. The lack of technique and movement shown by most Hearts players was actually embarrassing at times. The players would always look to knock balls back the way, then launch it forward rather than turn or play simple, quick passes. I have to say, I'm not encouraged about the future for Scottish football if this is at the high end of Scottish youngsters coming through. Very, very poor.

I thought our man of the match was Kevin McHattie who was outstanding throughout.

I would agree.

As impressed as i was with McHattie, I was very disappointed with Scott Robinson.

He was very poor throughout.

Was at game thought hibs deserved their win although their goal was a yard offside.

In saying that hearts had a few useful players,Robinson had a poor game expected better from him after a few people talking him up.

A poor game played out by two very poor teams. Not one player amongst both of them on that showing.

Hearts were all huff and puff (as seems to be the way under D.M.) with very little football on show.

Hibs knocked it about a bit better but zero end product and had one of the worst footballers i have ever witnessed in their number 7, as i said earlier, this boy has no clue whatsoever about the offside rule, he was caught needlesly yards offside countless times.

Hibs scored from their only real shot on goal but it was gifted to them by Hearts, we had a free kick halfway inside their half, we had 4 (it only takes one of you to hit it) around the ball and Poom somehow decided he was going to pass it sideways straight to a hobo who broke away 4 on 2.

Prytychencho (spell) hit some decent free kicks which the goalie (straight from the Zibi school of Hibs goalkeeping by the way) saved and Ogelby smacked an effort of the bar after a decent run.

Hearts had their goalie sent off a third of the way into the second half for picking the ball up 6" outside the box, yet 10mins later the sub goalie picked it up 3yards outside the box and yet only got a yellow (both were not goalscoring opportunities).

Best player for Hearts was Prytychencho but that is not saying much.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense.

Darren has always encouraged the young players to play football. Even goalkeepers are often taught to look for the early pass as opposed to the long ball.

Also you say the team don't play football? They must be doing very well to score 36 goals in 12 competitive matches this season before today. The highest goalscoring total in the league.

Toxteth O'Grady

Wasn't there today but it sounds pretty much like the last time we played Hibs in this competition.

We gifted them a goal that day (Balatoni mix up with keeper) and we looked hopeless all round.

Darren has always encouraged the young players to play football.

I've been to many a youth game and stood behind Murray and listened to him berating players for trying to play football and take their man on, he knocks the confidence out of some for trying to play football. Track back, track back, track back is the main instructions he barks out. Hearts today had very little shape and even less of a game plan.

Murray like his players to go past the opposition with power and not with skill.

You may see it differently, thats football for you, but i do think that is an area we can greatly improve on.

I was at a game at Riccarton earlier in the season and Hearts won by a few goals............still very little football on show, most goals came from 30yarders, and free kicks.

Footballfirst

I've been to many a youth game and stood behind Murray and listened to him berating players for trying to play football and take their man on, he knocks the confidence out of some for trying to play football. Track back, track back, track back is the main instructions he barks out. Hearts today had very little shape and even less of a game plan.

Murray like his players to go past the opposition with power and not with skill.

You may see it differently, thats football for you, but i do think that is an area we can greatly improve on.

I was at a game at Riccarton earlier in the season and Hearts won by a few goals............still very little football on show, most goals came from 30yarders, and free kicks.

I'm afraid that I would have to disagree on your thoughts on Darren Murray's approach to the game. If anything they try to play too much football, although, today, I agree that the team looked short of ideas and determination.

Archived