The Wedding thread

IronJambo

Seems to be a lot of kb'ers tying the knot this year (myself included). It feels a lot more real now than it did last month since its now happening this year instead of "next year". Anyway, I've been to over a dozen weddings in the last 3 years or so and whilst most have been pretty uneventful there have been some fantastically funny moments. Many at the same wedding. Apologies as one or two may have been mentioned on another thread.

In no particular order

The mother of the bride showing up in what looked like a bad set of curtains (and subsequently had the pish ripped out of her)

A Canadian friend absoloubtly caning it for the whole weekend in Liverpool, to top it off on the Monday afternoon by lying down on the floor in the middle of a Chinese restaurant whilst we were having dim sum with the new bride and groom. "Should we call an ambulance for your friend" asked a waitress? "nah, he'll be fine" was the resounding reply as we all wanted to hide under the table. He had been persuaded to come into the restaurant after sleeping on the pavement outside and attracting too much attention from passers by.

On the moring of the same wedding, the bride following Chinese customs by getting her bridesmaids to humiliate the groom and his wedding party by making them perform several silly and degrading acts in the street outside her house. Ending with them making the groom pay them over ?200 for the privelage of marrying her.

At a Chinese and a Japanese friends wedding:

The registrar to the groom "Do you Ming...."

A pretty hammered mate falling on the band in the evening.

Ming getting full of sake and sambuca before being carried to the honeymoon suite and sleeping on the couch for the whole of his wedding night.

My own best man (for later this year) falling in a river after being beaten by the vodka at a wedding in Poland (i wasn't there but it still makes me laugh).

There must be some blinding stories out there....please share

edit: not funny, but a pretty amazing moment when our friends new husband sat at the piano before the first dance and played and sung "make you feel my love". he done a much better job than bob dylan as well

Archived