Eamonn Bannon

John Rowbotham

Alan Preston were on the panel and the tidy bit from STV, sports centre

League recontsruction

summer football

Shoe Dallas

and Cetics war with the SFA

were the main topics for debate

Why was Celtic's war with the SFA a topic for discussion in a Hearts debate? Was it just a NOTW debate held at Tynie, or was it meant to be a Hearts specific event?

Why was Celtic's war with the SFA a topic for discussion in a Hearts debate? Was it just a NOTW debate held at Tynie, or was it meant to be a Hearts specific event?

To be fair to the panel they didnt set the tone for the discussion it was the questions from the floor. Twice the girl who was hosting it tried to bring it around to more of a Hearts discussion but it soon went off track again. Not saying that what was discussed wasnt interesting as I found it a pretty decent evening. Biggest shock of all was that I found Davie Provans views pretty interesting and talked a lot of sense. Eamonn Bannon was, as you would assume he would be, pretty articulate and talked a lot of sense as did ex ref John Rowbotham. Dunno what Roger Baillie added to the evening mind you, other than get 2 sets of facts wrong. Lets put that down to him looking a wee bit light on his feet along with the pink tie and pink hankie.

Hats off to some guy "Stevie" I think his name was who seems to have been involved in getting this organised.

To be fair to the panel they didnt set the tone for the discussion it was the questions from the floor. Twice the girl who was hosting it tried to bring it around to more of a Hearts discussion but it soon went off track again. Not saying that what was discussed wasnt interesting as I found it a pretty decent evening. Biggest shock of all was that I found Davie Provans views pretty interesting and talked a lot of sense. Eamonn Bannon was, as you would assume he would be, pretty articulate and talked a lot of sense as did ex ref John Rowbotham. Dunno what Roger Baillie added to the evening mind you, other than get 2 sets of facts wrong. Lets put that down to him looking a wee bit light on his feet along with the pink tie and pink hankie.

Hats off to some guy "Stevie" I think his name was who seems to have been involved in getting this organised.

Was there a good turnout. Cant remember Hearts plugging this event. Sure there was a post on Kickback a few weeks ago, but apart from that, unless you read the NOTW, it was kept pretty low key.

I thought it was a really interesting evening. Good to have viewpoints from ex-players, refs and journalists. I really enjoyed it. Even managed to pluck up the courage and ask Davie Provan if he 'dived' in that cup tie nearly 30 years ago! HAHA!

Lynn :ninja:

Hagar the Horrible

I thought it was a really interesting evening. Good to have viewpoints from ex-players, refs and journalists. I really enjoyed it. Even managed to pluck up the courage and ask Davie Provan if he 'dived' in that cup tie nearly 30 years ago! HAHA!

Funny how he never really answered but new the exact date of the game :geek:

Could be Colquhoun or Kilgour?

I presume Davie Provan didn't give the same 'hard hitting' critique of Hearts he saves for his NOTW column. Contemptible plum.

On hindsight Lynn, I know realise that was you grrrrrrr

Funny how he never really answered but new the exact date of the game :geek:

My thoughts exactly! Think he's guilty as sin!

You were there? Bugger!

You see Lynn, I was put off the scent as it must be the first time you have been at a Hearts/Football event and not taken the opportunity to mention The Buzz Bomb. Guess I should just be happy you didnt start asking the panel if they had heard of Hideous Matsui :whistling:

You see Lynn, I was put off the scent as it must be the first time you have been at a Hearts/Football event and not taken the opportunity to mention The Buzz Bomb. Guess I should just be happy you didnt start asking the panel if they had heard of Hideous Matsui :whistling:

Well...lol...I nearly did mention the Buzzbomb. When I asked if players get too much protection etc, I was going to say a certain Mr Busby wouldn't last five minutes in todays game, with all the rules etc. It's true...he wouldn't.

I went along last nite,it did look like it was going to be "HANDBAGS" between alan preston and davie provan at one point.

Also,provan looked uncomfortable when asked if the celtic chairman was going to get hammered by the SFA just like romanov

has been for the last 5 yrs.

I went along last nite,it did look like it was going to be "HANDBAGS" between alan preston and davie provan at one point.

Also,provan looked uncomfortable when asked if the celtic chairman was going to get hammered by the SFA just like romanov

has been for the last 5 yrs.

I think thats a wee bit unfair on Davie Provan. He didnt quite hear the question then for me he was quite sure that he should be punished for it. I think he also, very early on was quite critical of Celtic and their outbursts.

As for Alan Preston, I thought Eamonn Bannon had a few wee digs at him in his role as an agent and I dont think Eamonn was being sarcastic or light hearted in his comments either.

Francis Albert

Was Preston less of a tit in person than he always sounds as BBC Sportsound's supposed "house Jambo". His repeated hope after Tuesday's game that the other Edinburgh side would go on and lift the cup was the latest last straw.

Archived