Disproportionate coverage of Hibs on TV

Silvery_Moon

Am I missing something here or is there a heck of a lot of Hibs games being covered by the tv this season? By that I mean games outwith the ones against the old firm and us which can be taken as read that the tv will cover for Hearts and Hibs.

When flicking through the channels tonight I came across Sky Sports News which was listing it's up and coming live SPL games. 2 of the next 4 games are Hibs trips to Tannadice and Paisley. Given the fact that we're having our best season in years I would have thought our upcoming trips to Tannadice and Kilmarnock would have been much more attractive but none of them are being shown. Also worth noting that Hibs have already been shown away at St Mirren, Motherwell and Aberdeen this season.

I agree that football is better at 3pm on a Saturday and that I'm probably making a mountain out a molehill but what's so great about them that they get so much coverage?

Am I missing something here or is there a heck of a lot of Hibs games being covered by the tv this season?

Because the Great British Public traditionally love to gather round the television for a good comedy show. :whistling:

To be fair, we've been on the telly more weeks than not so far this season. Sure it was 4 out of 5 weeks at one point. I'll leave that one for the stattos on here :)

Anatoly_Korobochka

Am I missing something here or is there a heck of a lot of Hibs games being covered by the tv this season? By that I mean games outwith the ones against the old firm and us which can be taken as read that the tv will cover for Hearts and Hibs.

When flicking through the channels tonight I came across Sky Sports News which was listing it's up and coming live SPL games. 2 of the next 4 games are Hibs trips to Tannadice and Paisley. Given the fact that we're having our best season in years I would have thought our upcoming trips to Tannadice and Kilmarnock would have been much more attractive but none of them are being shown. Also worth noting that Hibs have already been shown away at St Mirren, Motherwell and Aberdeen this season.

I agree that football is better at 3pm on a Saturday and that I'm probably making a mountain out a molehill but what's so great about them that they get so much coverage?

Their 'Flair'

mahgrassyshoes

I can only assume that it has something with them doing well (by their standards) last year so expecting more of the same this year? Would be strange that it was still having an effect this far into the season, but it's the only thing I can think of.

The other factor is the amount of football on the telly between Sky, ESPN and Alba. We must have been on telly for around 12 of our 19 games this season?

Guest vanbasten1874

Their 'Flair'

Thats what i was thinking , the tv moguls couldnt take the risk of the great flair machine hitting full throttle and no tv cameras there to record it for posterity .

i thought we'd been on telly an awful lot this season. hadnt really noticed the hibs being on that much. Certainly we have been on a lot lately, and have a few more coming up.

Its all for extended footage of the forthcoming Relegation Dvd 'The Fall and Fall of CC (Blooms)'.

Tis funny Viewing hehe

Napoleon  Wilson

Forget about Hibs, what about Bloody Liverpool! They are never off the telly, bore the crap outa me everytime they play

Archived