Lennon just doesn't get it

VeraNT

You have to have respect for Neil Lennon as he has won 10 major honors, so respect is required for merit. As a fellow human being, I would also wish him the best in his family and personal life. But as a Celtic manager I would like to see him have a long record of consistent failure. I know he is new at this and it shows.

I watched the "highlights" from the Hamilton Celtic stramash last night on Fox Sports. Apart from it resembling a primary school match on a windswept Saturday morning, I found Lennon's behaviour out of control. This is a guy who has just been served a 6 match touchline ban. His whining (sp) club executives have gone on and on and on, so much that they have actually pissed off the SFA. So Lennon starts shouting at the 4th assistant over the Hamilton goal, the official turns round to speak and Lennon turns his head and does a big gob. He then spends the rest of the match agitated and delivers acid criticism of the match officials at the end. I would expect the SFA to extend his ban after last nights outburst. Anyway, this ridiculous, non professional behaviour, coupled with Celtic dropping two points, has somewhat restored my mood after the cup exit.

Respect is earned not merited and his attitude, behaviour and general demeanour does nothing to earn respect for anything on any level in my opinion.

You have to have respect for Neil Lennon as he has won 10 major honors, so respect is required for merit. As a fellow human being, I would also wish him the best in his family and personal life. But as a Celtic manager I would like to see him have a long record of consistent failure. I know he is new at this and it shows.

I watched the "highlights" from the Hamilton Celtic stramash last night on Fox Sports. Apart from it resembling a primary school match on a windswept Saturday morning, I found Lennon's behaviour out of control. This is a guy who has just been served a 6 match touchline ban. His whining (sp) club executives have gone on and on and on, so much that they have actually pissed off the SFA. So Lennon starts shouting at the 4th assistant over the Hamilton goal, the official turns round to speak and Lennon turns his head and does a big gob. He then spends the rest of the match agitated and delivers acid criticism of the match officials at the end. I would expect the SFA to extend his ban after last nights outburst. Anyway, this ridiculous, non professional behaviour, coupled with Celtic dropping two points, has somewhat restored my mood after the cup exit.

No.

kingantti1874

being part of a winning side doesnt mean we have to respect someone - hes a nasty, vile disgusting loathesome waste of skin.

i never thought it was possibbe to hate cetic more ..i was wrong

Stupid Sexy Flanders

As a fellow human being, I would also wish him the best in his family and personal life.

Certainly not.

scots civil war

if the septic board have any grasp of positive public relations in the slightest

lemon will be emptied at the end of the season

the photos of him in the press with his shell suit on and that rancid ,snarling boat of his

is enough to make the punter on the street sick

you can take the pondlife out of Lurgan but you cannot take Lurgan out of the pondlife

I'd use the '10 major honours' loosely. Major honours in Scotland yes but on a world scale - the guy has achieved the square root of Jack Shit.

He is a horrible little rodent - of the highest level.

Despised him as a player and despise him as a manager.

As for his family - couldn't care. Don't wish them harm but his family are nothing to do with it.

Everything that NL gets he deserves.

The guy is just vile - in EVERY sense of the word.

p.s it wasn't me that sent the bullets tho

The man's a jobby.

so many to agree with but...

...This

if the septic board have any grasp of positive public relations in the slightest

the photos of him in the press with his shell suit on and that rancid ,snarling boat of his

you can take the pondlife out of Lurgan but you cannot take Lurgan out of the pondlife

I think thats closer to the point, rather than just tribal hatred for the guy. But, having a public relations walking disaster in that post can only be good for us:-)

Its kind of funny that Celtic have these aspirations to be a European force and they allow (and defend) the kind of behaviour that Lennon gets up to.

When he talked about his mental health issues I thought that explained a lot but that it was quite a brave move. When Celtic made him captain I thought that bordered on cruelty to push him into the highest pressure job any player in Scotland can hold.

Then they ******* made him manager.

Remember the merry quipsmith Strachan was before he took that job and the torn faced grumpmeister he was by the end and he was successful. The stress of managing a Celtic side that aren't champions is enough to damage the mental health of people with no previous problems. In Lennon's case it raises the genuine prospect of him leaving Parkhead in a straitjacket. To complain about Lennon's conduct as a Celtic manager is like complaining about an Orang Utan waiter chucking faeces at you from across the restaurant. It seems futile to get angry at the Orang Utan when it's actually the Restaurant's employment policy that deserves criticism.

The beginning of the inevitable nervous breakdown/serious depression episode.

Do you not think Lennon plays the victim VERY well?

Do you not think Lennon plays the victim VERY well?

Actually, he doesn't!!!

He's rotten awful at playing a victim!

Immediately, instantaneously, clearly, unbelievable. What an idiot!

The SFA and their match officials bear grudges. We can vouch for that!

Walter plays the victim when he wants to much better!

Yep a total dickhead.

If theres anything that can be done to make Celtic appear EVEN MORE like arrogant bullies, Lennon is doing it for them.

Here's to a 10-week ban instead of 6 (due to this knob appealing once again).

I wouldn't wish something like that on anyone TBH, not even Lennon.

Different strokes for different folks, i'm afraid.

EDIT: on second thoughts, not going to bother going into a debate on the Northern Ireland issue. Just back from a ban afterall.:down:

You have to have respect for Neil Lennon as he has won 10 major honors,

well maybe you should respect his ability as a football player. There endeth the respect?

He is disrespectful of other human beings and his capacity to hold a managerial position is one which many hold in question. Are they right?

Fozzyonthefence

I can't stand Lennon or Celtic but they were on the receiving end of 3 shocking decisions last night - the Hamilton goal, Celtic red card & non award of stonewall penalty. Had these decisons gone against us this place would be in meltdown & it would be feck SFA, etc, etc.

That said, I have no sympathy for the wee bawbag.

I can't stand Lennon or Celtic but they were on the receiving end of 3 shocking decisions last night - the Hamilton goal, Celtic red card & non award of stonewall penalty. Had these decisons gone against us this place would be in meltdown & it would be feck SFA, etc, etc.

of course a few things spring to mind this is a Hearts board and you would expect folk to get heated about these things. Lennon's tirade at the hamilton goal was interesting given there is no way he could have seen the incident he was just miffed at losing a goal. maybe when smeltic get a player sent off for being the victim of a headbutt and don't get the card recinded despite clear video evidence of the facts you might start to think they were on the receiving end of shocking decisions but 1 swallow does not a summer make. Sadly this is not new behavior for them it goes back years MON and Judas's abilty to elbow himself in the face,Davie provan being poleaxed by Bud J, Tommy Gemmel doing for Donald Ford twice with never a word said........... 895742 for and 3 against is not exactly eveing out over the season is it now.

As to NL himself as pressure grows , and I have to say I hope it does not through any vindictiveness but just by dint of results, I await the Breakdown/explosion with interest if not trepidation.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Was it a worse decision than the first Accies red card? I don't think so. Only Celtic could be given a penalty and see the opposition reduced to nine men and still complain about the ref.

Was it a worse decision than the first Accies red card? I don't think so. Only Celtic could be given a penalty and see the opposition reduced to nine men and still complain about the ref.

Celtic red card was fair enough. If it was a yellow, then the Accies first red should have been a yellow as well. The ref was entirely consistent with those tackles, which should be straight reds, but are too often yellows in Scotland. Also, the penalty they did get was very soft. How much clarification would Lennon have needed if Hamilton had got a penalty like that?

mahgrassyshoes

Celtic red card was fair enough. If it was a yellow, then the Accies first red should have been a yellow as well. The ref was entirely consistent with those tackles, which should be straight reds, but are too often yellows in Scotland. Also, the penalty they did get was very soft. How much clarification would Lennon have needed if Hamilton had got a penalty like that?

Spot on with the red cards. Although it was maybe a bit soft, it was a penalty (even though the boy fell to the ground like he had been stabbed). What i thought was strange was the decision to send him off. Surely there were enough defenders around the box that might of made a challenge?

The Treasurer

Slightly off topic but still on the sellik whinging theme.

I noticed that yet another of their "stars" Thomas Ronge (or whatever his name is) has been quoted in the press that they were CHEATED on Wednesday.

Surely another ban/fine heading darkhead way if the gFA want to be seen to be consistent.

That's the bit that gets me...Celtic might be rubbish at a few things but they're generally fairly good at marketing a particular image and brand personality to the point where most of their fans can usually be found repeating the same mantras about their club. It's weird. Especially that whole 'inclusive, colour, creed' line that they trot out at any given opportunity. I'm not asking why they haven't sacked him or anything, I'm just wondering why the hell someone hasn't shut him up and dragged him off for some intensive media training.....or why they (quite obviously) haven't provided him with a PR/media strategy to follow? It's all a bit strange really. I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but I wonder if they're just giving him enough rope to hang himself....wouldn't surprise me at all tbh.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/neil-lennon-must-lock-away-emotions-sometimes-to-avoid-crimes-of-passion-1.1080028

Good article on the Lennon circus. His noon appearance at Easter Road tomorrow, on his return to Edinburgh, brings him up against the same referee that sent him to the stands the last time he was in The Capital. What a laugh.

Frankenstein Jambo.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/neil-lennon-must-lock-away-emotions-sometimes-to-avoid-crimes-of-passion-1.1080028

Good article on the Lennon circus. His noon appearance at Easter Road tomorrow, on his return to Edinburgh, brings him up against the same referee that sent him to the stands the last time he was in The Capital. What a laugh.

Are you a ginger or something?

Frankenstein Jambo.

WTF does that mean?

Well, you seem to have an obsession with Neil Lennon as you have constantly been updating us with all his latest movements. He is a vile, horrible person so the only reason I can think of why you would be updating us is because you are ginger.

Commander Harris

Well, you seem to have an obsession with Neil Lennon as you have constantly been updating us with all his latest movements. He is a vile, horrible person so the only reason I can think of why you would be updating us is because you are ginger.

flawless logic. you can't argue with that. : |

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Bizarre.

:what:

early start this weekend FJ?

Thunderstruck

According to some Plum (Jackson?) on Real Radio, visits by OF to Edinburgh always attract heated games - the implication being that the Edinburgh teams get wound up. He then said refs need to be at their best to deal with this.

Thinking back to the most recent visit of OF to Edinburgh, only one team got worked up that night and they weren't from Edinburgh. Why? Because of Lennon whose snarling, aggressive approach to playing continues into management and has filtered through to the players who quickly resort to thuggery when things aren't going well.

And, for that Journo's benefit, there was no xatalogue of refereeing errors that night. Their Red was totally justified, both goals were perfectly legit and the so-called penalty was 50-50. The only errors that night were perpetrated by those in hopped tops.

In case you havn't noticed, he is the manager of the team at the top of the SPL. The same league that Hearts play in. This is a board to discuss topics relating to Hearts and football in general. Also, just to help you out a bit. Lennon seems to be big news in the Scottish and UK football media. I even watched a report on his current meltdowns from American commentators on Fox Sports. Are you suggesting all these other people showing some interest in Lennon are "gingers", as you cutely put it????

You sound like a sort of bald, shaved head guy to me. But I would never have mentioned that, if you had not brought up this idea of me being a "ginger".

I'm more sort of raven black, actually. Hope that helps.

Are you a ginger or something?

Franko man. :facepalm:

Seriously; Thick with a capital F.

:wtfvlad: It's a thread about Neil Lennon FFS.

Funnily enough the article can't resist having a wee pop at Hearts;

"The temptation is to goad him as best they can, hoping to provoke a reaction from a man they consider permanently walks a tightrope in terms of keeping his emotions in check.

Of course, this is not a unique situation. Other managers are subjected to this hostility, especially at places like Tynecastle ? the ground where Lennon is deemed to have crossed the line ? where the proximity of the supporters, not to mention the opposition dugout and fourth official, cranks up the heat a few extra degrees."

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I wouldn't say the proximity of the supporters to the dugouts is any closer than at any other ground? Closer to the pitch yes, but all dugouts back directly onto the stands at all grounds.

Archived