Vlad to buy into Russian club?

tartofmidlothian

2 interesting quotes.

''Romanov admitted he was aware of Saturn's substantial debt but it didn't daunt him.

"How much is it in US dollars? $26 million? Debts are a natural thing in football clubs," he said.''

I hope he isn't so laizzes-faire with our debt!

And in true Romanov fashion

''Asked if he should be expected in Moscow soon, he replied: "If they invite me, I will come. I want to get rid of my football business in Lithuania where there is no real football any more. Just bookmakers games. I do not want to be part of it."'' :lol:

Sure;y given us all the investment money would be better as we are on the verge of a league title battle!

Charlie-Brown

ubig or ukio to buy saturns debt, sell zaliukas 2M and novikovas 10M to saturn, hearts book debt goes down, saturns account goes up, no cash goes anywhere ..... Just speculating.

ubig or ukio to buy saturns debt, sell zaliukas 2M and novikovas 10M to saturn, hearts book debt goes down, saturns account goes up, no cash goes anywhere ..... Just speculating.

:blink:

tartofmidlothian

Might toil to get those work permits approved...

Unless they're internationals or promising youngsters?

These lads looks decent (according to Wikipedia):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Sapeta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonid_Kovel

This old geezer seems to know what he's about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Karyaka

The rest, not so great:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Saturn_Moscow_Oblast

tartofmidlothian

original Russian interview here for those interested:

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/429580

(google translate is your friend!)

Good find! Here goes:

Day's events. FOOTBALL

Premier League. HOT TOPIC

In the case of the imminent dissolution of the Saturn has a new twist. Interest in buying the club shows Ramenkoe famous Lithuanian businessman Vladimir Romanov. Romanov yesterday called reports of "Soviet Sport".

Call the correspondent of "Soviet Sport" Romanova found in the best mood.

- Oh, Soviet Sport! Well, let's talk - animated businessman. - I'm watching the exercise "Zalgiris", so you did not distract me.

- You also "Zalgiris" belongs to? How many of your most clubs?

- Zalgiris - basketball. Besides him, three football clubs: Lithuanian "Kaunas", Scottish "Hearts" and the Belarusian MTZ-Ripo. It turns out, a total of four clubs.

- They say you do not mind to get a fifth. It is true that you linked from "Saturn" and offered to buy the club?

- True. On my left at the end of last year. With officials of the Saturn was no talk, communicate through intermediaries. Interest in the Russian Cup, I was always and it is not cool. Discussions about a possible acquisition of a club from Russia were before. Scared, of course, some of the nuances. Baskakov, for example - Romanov chuckles, recalling the match the third qualifying round of the Champions League AEK - Hearts in 2006 when, according to the businessman, the Russian referee openly sued his team. "I could not imagine such a referee on the worst nightmares - if Romanov made a statement on the official website of Hearts. - The referee openly told us that we have not paid him for some game in Liepaja, and because it takes us now "bury". - I can not tolerate backroom football!

- At what stage are the talks?

- Let's just say it's at the stage of negotiating proposals. Apparently, it is necessary to meet either with the owners of the club, or with the competent persons of the team.

- So soon you can expect in Moscow or the suburbs?

- If invited, it will come. I am also from Lithuania must clean up the entire economy, there is no football. It's some totalizatornaya league: football, federation - all without exception are in the office. I do not intend to participate.

- What are your terms? Stadium and the base should be transferred to the balance of the club?

- At the moment, no conditions are put, because you first need to get acquainted with the economic activities of the club. For example, I do not know what charges from ticket sales, a balance. We must see the entire economy. With regard to the base, it can take and for rent. The most important thing - the team.

- Are you at least put on notice that the club debt size of 800 million rubles?

- How much is translated into dollars? 26 million? Debts in football clubs - this law ...

- Why do you need a Russian club? This is only interested in football or business project?

- The pure interest. Time in Lithuania there is no football, we should develop it in other places in Russia to throw some players.

- That is, if you become the owner of "Saturn", you can expect the arrival of Lithuanian football club?

- If you will be in stock, why not? To be honest, I do not see today, some top players in the Lithuanian team. We have always been known for good players Defence: Dedura, Semberas ... such a plan the players were in demand.

- In 2007, you participated in the Lithuanian version of "Dancing with the Stars", now I want to buy a Saturn. Tend to be adventurous?

- Why gamble? I won that contest! I am confident, lifelong sports involved: gymnastics, swimming, boxing, wrestling, tennis, volleyball, now here is familiarizing basketball. If Moscow were invited to participate in such a project, too, would agree. Ready for any challenge, but ballet. Is that Tsiskaridze will ...

Guest GhostHunter

ML will be in his element given their nickname is "Aliens".

That aside, some pointless facts - Chesney's brother used to play with them as did Gogua....

2 interesting quotes.

''Romanov admitted he was aware of Saturn's substantial debt but it didn't daunt him.

"How much is it in US dollars? $26 million? Debts are a natural thing in football clubs," he said.''

I hope he isn't so laizzes-faire with our debt!

And in true Romanov fashion

''Asked if he should be expected in Moscow soon, he replied: "If they invite me, I will come. I want to get rid of my football business in Lithuania where there is no real football any more. Just bookmakers games. I do not want to be part of it."'' :lol:

There will come a day where we can delete lithuania and insert Scotland in that statement, then where would we be.

Sure;y given us all the investment money would be better as we are on the verge of a league title battle!

The Treasurer

Russian players on loan anyone?

(not a bad thing IMO)

All that would mean would be that the drama queens on here would blame the "bloody Ruskies" instead of the "bloody Liths" for any bad results we might have

cue wails of 'why does he no just give us money to win stuff?'.

because he's quite openly stated that he tries to run hearts as a business and not a hobby/charity.

if it happens then i guess at least it shows that romanov is still pretty flush.

That aside, some pointless facts - Chesney's brother used to play with them as did Gogua....

I do believe Eremenko did as well... :whistling:

Saturn Ramenskoye

It'll be like watching football from another planet !

ban this venus for his chronic chatter mods.

If Hearts fans follow Saturn, will Hibs fans get behind Uranus.

haha, is Saturn not the one with the big ring? Looks like we`ll be supporting the same Russian club as them then! :whistling:

But, but, I thought Romanov is skint and we're going in to administration???

Source: any hibs fan for the last 5 years.

I agree with the previously posted sentiment that if he's got some loose change in his pocket, why not fund a shot at the title this year! (money spent on proven decent players this time!)

What have Saturn done to deserve that clown .If they have any sense they will knock him back

Of course. Because in this economic climate, clubs who are $26m in debt can afford to laugh a gift horse in the mouth on the back of some misguided grumps from huffy football fans in another country.

Interesting news though. The effect would probably be entirely the same as the link ups with the Lithuanian/Ukrainian clubs but for some reason the pzazz of the word 'Saturn' has me convinced that this one would work so much better and if that's not a firm basis for sensible football opinions, I don't know what is. Quite fancy the idea of having a Russian team to take an interest in.... :biggrin:

Francis Albert

Wonder where the third para in the Scotsman article came from - unlike the rest not from the original Sovsport article. Surely not just raise the possibility it will adversely affect Hearts? Anyway the predictable Hobonomics slavering follows in the comments. For example, how do we square this with Vlad having no money? Easy. Vlad has no money, he just puts his spending on the Hearts credit card and adds it to Hearts debt. Good to know that the Hearts credit card rivals American Express in its world-wide acceptance.

If Hearts fans follow Saturn, will Hibs fans get behind Uranus.

Post of the year to date, have some manna. :thumbsup:

Just finished cleaning my lunch off the screen, curry, what a mess

Generic Username

But, but, I thought Romanov is skint and we're going in to administration???

Source: any hibs fan for the last 5 years.

I agree with the previously posted sentiment that if he's got some loose change in his pocket, why not fund a shot at the title this year! (money spent on proven decent players this time!)

THIS.

A billion times this.

Wonder where the third para in the Scotsman article came from - unlike the rest not from the original Sovsport article. Surely not just raise the possibility it will adversely affect Hearts? Anyway the predictable Hobonomics slavering follows in the comments. For example, how do we square this with Vlad having no money? Easy. Vlad has no money, he just puts his spending on the Hearts credit card and adds it to Hearts debt. Good to know that the Hearts credit card rivals American Express in its world-wide acceptance.

Dunno but Barry Anderson is equally emphatic about that in his EEN article from a short while ago:

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Jambo-David-nails-the-double.6689251.jp

At the moment it is all just at the stage of an offer. Evidently, now I need to meet the owners of Saturn or any competent officials who represent it. How much is (Saturn's debt) in US dollars? $26 million? Debts are a natural thing in football clubs," he continued. Asked why he wanted to invest in Russian football, he said: "It's out of pure interest. Since in Lithuania they do not have football any more, I need to develop it elsewhere. I will probably transfer some of my players (in Lithuania] to Russia."

The move is not expected to effect his backing for Hearts.

Romanov added that he has grown tired of football in Lithuania. Asked if he would be travelling to Moscow soon, he replied: "If they invite me, I will come. I want to get rid of my football business in Lithuania where there is no real football any more."

Nice spelling Bazza. :)

Archived