Cricket

JWL

Anyone else watching New Zealand ripping a new arse out of another bunch of England prima donnas

I agree however Julio will be around trying to put a positive slant on England's hammering ......

..... yes I know he will bite and he will see this;)

I agree however Julio will be around trying to put a positive slant on England's hammering ......

..... yes I know he will bite and he will see this;)

To be fair, I am bad man in trying to inentice Julio out to defend his beloved

To be fair, I am bad man in trying to inentice Julio out to defend his beloved

It really is too easy and he will duly oblige :)

Anyone else watching New Zealand ripping a new arse out of another bunch of England prima donnas

what game you watching?:)

Julio is away for the weekend BTW

only 500 plus in the lead at the end of day 3:rolleyes:

Bravehearts - where are you hiding about;)

Horse reckon they are busy clearing that egg of their coupons. :mw_rolleyes:

You were a little early spouting off there son:):)

As I said in an earlier post, only papering over the cracks, as they will find out against South Africa this summer.

As I said in an earlier post, only papering over the cracks, as they will find out against South Africa this summer.

Should be interesting anyway.

I sincerely hope so, can't take much more of this humble pie.

staying up to watch the series being won tonight?;)

chester copperpot

Times it start at?

A must watch this evening.

Times it start at?

A must watch this evening.

Not too sure mate. Think it could be 10pm start. Only have Setanta so can't watch it. May put the radio on. Early start tomorrow for me anyway as off hill walking in Perthshire with a mate...still beats working:)

chester copperpot
Not too sure mate. Think it could be 10pm start. Only have Setanta so can't watch it. May put the radio on. Early start tomorrow for me anyway as off hill walking in Perthshire with a mate...still beats working:)

Pah, my friday tomorrow.

Putting on SKY SPORTS at 9.30, should be a good morning, with 5 wickets falling hopefully ;)

Pah, my friday tomorrow.

Putting on SKY SPORTS at 9.30, should be a good morning, with 5 wickets falling hopefully ;)

a few cold ones from the fridge no doubt as well going by your rep on JKB:p

chester copperpot
a few cold ones from the fridge no doubt as well going by your rep on JKB:p

Na its a school night mate, not allowed :whistling:

* Prepare for the I love Hearts FC thread at about 11pm ;)*

Yes, starts in a couple of minutes and I will be congratulating England on their first series win for a couple of years.:sad:

Nelly Terraces

Can't be far off it Boris. Southee's unreal 77 cameo will've broken all sorts of records I'd reckon.

Good recovery from England in the series and this game in particular. Siders has been the bizzo, compare his attitude to that of loser Harmison the homer, it's night & day.

Roll on the summer, I'm making it down south for a few ODI's and a coupla days at the tests.

Cricket rules. Bring on the lager!

NT.

loveofthegame

Love my cricket too. One of the few sports i support England in.

Fancy gettin to a one dayer myself this summer. Scotland also play England in a 1 dayer up here but pretty sure tickets will be like golddust.

Summers day gettin pished, shouting and singing whilst watchin the cricket- fantastic

Love my cricket too. One of the few sports i support England in.

Fancy gettin to a one dayer myself this summer. Scotland also play England in a 1 dayer up here but pretty sure tickets will be like golddust.

Summers day gettin pished, shouting and singing whilst watchin the cricket- fantastic

At 48 quid a skull I'm not so sure they will be. Support England at cricket amongst other things.

loveofthegame
At 48 quid a skull I'm not so sure they will be. Support England at cricket amongst other things.

They on sale yet mate?

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Does anyone know where I can find a schedule for the cricket that is played at Leith Links? Went round a few times last summer to watch and found it to be good for a hangover.

loveofthegame
Yes pretty sure they went on general sale last week. Baulked at the price.

Notice they're only ?28 for students....

That'll do nicely. All bets are off for all day rain on August 18th.....

Notice they're only ?28 for students....

That'll do nicely. All bets are off for all day rain on August 18th.....

Ruddy students..........:mw_rolleyes::)

Nelly Terraces

?48 for that game is a rip off so I'll be giving it a miss, pity as not every day a game like that comes to yer own city, but you can get into the ODI's & tests at Old Traff, Headingly etc and watch 2 REAL sides (no a diddy team like Scotland), in a proper ground for less. Again, Edinburgh proves to be the rip off capital of the UK, actually think you can get into ceratin areas at the Oval for cheaper than that! Might just jump the wall and get in mind you! Tickets on sale from the cricket scotland website if you want one.

Leather against willow, lager against liver. THE sounds of summer.

John Findlay
?48 for that game is a rip off so I'll be giving it a miss, pity as not every day a game like that comes to yer own city, but you can get into the ODI's & tests at Old Traff, Headingly etc and watch 2 REAL sides (no a diddy team like Scotland), in a proper ground for less. Again, Edinburgh proves to be the rip off capital of the UK, actually think you can get into ceratin areas at the Oval for cheaper than that! Might just jump the wall and get in mind you! Tickets on sale from the cricket scotland website if you want one.

?48 for a game to be rained off is indeed a rip off.

Nothing better than the Hampshire Rosebowl on a lovely summer's afternoon watching Shane Warne do things with a cricket ball that even Sticky Vicky would baulk at ;)

John

loveofthegame

Whilst i completely agree with the sentiment off your post when you take all costs into consideration its a hell of a lot cheaper...

You have to get yourself down South, accommodation, etc etc etc.

:P Haha, sometimes i even hate myself! ****ing students :)

Haha. Enjoy it while you can LOTG. Loved being a student myself but it had to end one day. :(

Nelly Terraces
Whilst i completely agree with the sentiment off your post when you take all costs into consideration its a hell of a lot cheaper...

What I meant was on a game v game basis that is cheaper, naturally my travelling costs make it more expensive. Put it this way, if you live in, or near Manc, Leeds, Durham, Notts etc, then you're geting a better product cheaper.

I look as going darn sarf to watch the games as a joll, me adn a few boys went to Manc for one of the ODIs v india last seaz, had a coupla days there, top trip, plus I lived in London for years so if go to a game there I'll have a few days catching up wi mates etc and getting pished. ***** magic, cannot wait:beer::P

Im going down to the test at Headingley and not including travel, its costing me the same price (inc hotel) as a ticket at the Grange. Im getting to watch a far superior product as well. Although its an excuse to see my mates its still a better deal. If you were travelling eg from Aberdeen you would be paying more than I would going to Leeds. Its a shameful way for Scottish cricket to make a quick buck. They want to encourage people to come and develop the game up here whilst making this an annual fixture. This isnt the way to go about it.

Nelly Terraces
Im going down to the test at Headingley and not including travel, its costing me the same price (inc hotel) as a ticket at the Grange. Im getting to watch a far superior product as well. Although its an excuse to see my mates its still a better deal. If you were travelling eg from Aberdeen you would be paying more than I would going to Leeds. Its a shameful way for Scottish cricket to make a quick buck. They want to encourage people to come and develop the game up here whilst making this an annual fixture. This isnt the way to go about it.

Totally Correcto on all points mate.

You can get into Headingley for the ODI v NZ for ?27. I've not looked at test match prices yet. What's cheapest?

NT:beer::P

You can get into Headingley for the ODI v NZ for ?27. I've not looked at test match prices yet. What's cheapest?

Got my test ticket for ?20-?25 in the West (AKA Party) Stand. Cant remember exactly but I would be looking pronto to get a ticket.

Walter Payton

You got any idea of the Test Dates Nelly? I'll definitely be making a trip down to Headingley (assuming there's a test there, probably with the old man in tow), especially if I get that job in Halifax.

You got any idea of the Test Dates Nelly? I'll definitely be making a trip down to Headingley (assuming there's a test there, probably with the old man in tow), especially if I get that job in Halifax.

New Zealand in England in 2008

April

28-30 v Kent, Canterbury

May

2-5 v Essex, Chelmsford

8-11 v England Lions, Rose Bowl

15-19 1st Test, Lord's

23-27 2nd Test, Old Trafford

30-2 June v Northants, Northampton

June

5-9 3rd Test, Trent Bridge

11 v Worcestershire, Worcester

13 Twenty20 International, Old Trafford

15 1st ODI, Riverside

18 2nd ODI, Edgbaston

21 3rd ODI, Bristol

25 4th ODI, The Oval

28 5th ODI, Lord's

South Africa in England in 2008

June

29-1 July v Somerset, Taunton

July

4-6 v Essex, Middlesex or Surrey, venue TBC

10-14 1st Test, Lord's

18-22 2nd Test, Headingley

25-28 v Bangladesh A, Worcester

30-3 August 3rd Test, Edgbaston

August

7-11 4th Test, The Oval

14 v England Lions, Leicester

16 v England Lions, Derby

20 Twenty20 International, Riverside

22 1st ODI, Headingley (d/n)

26 2nd ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n)

29 3rd ODI, The Oval

31 4th ODI, Lord's

September

3 5th ODI, Cardiff (d/n)

All from the BBC sport website.

Nelly Terraces

Watcha mate. Here's all the dates for the summer (it's actually SA at Headingley, not NZ as I stated previously). Very tempted get down for the test match, and that ODI is a day/nighter on a Friday, lovely jubbly.

15-19 May 1st Test, Lord's

23-27 May 2nd Test, Old Trafford

5-9 June 3rd Test, Trent Bridge

13 June Twenty20 International, Old Trafford

15 June 1st ODI, Riverside

18 June 2nd ODI, Edgbaston

21 June 3rd ODI, Bristol

25 June 4th ODI, The Oval

28 June 5th ODI, Lord's

10-14 July 1st Test, Lord's

18-22 July 2nd Test, Headingley

30 July-3 August 3rd Test, Edgbaston

7-11 August 4th Test, The Oval

20 August Twenty20 International, Riverside

22 August 1st ODI, Headingley (d/n)

26 August 2nd ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n)

29 August 3rd ODI, The Oval

31 August 4th ODI, Lord's

3 September 5th ODI, Cardiff (d/n)

Walter Payton

Cheers for that Boris. South Africa at Headingley is looking good... Remember being there early 90s watching Peter Kirsten (I think) hitting the England bowlers all over the field whilst making his way to a great century. Good times...

Edit- Cheers Nelly too, just in case you felt left out ;) You bought that ST yet?

Walter Payton
Watcha mate. Here's all the dates for the summer (it's actually SA at Headingley, not NZ as I stated previously). Very tempted get down for the test match, and that ODI is a day/nighter on a Friday, lovely jubbly.

15-19 May 1st Test, Lord's

23-27 May 2nd Test, Old Trafford

5-9 June 3rd Test, Trent Bridge

13 June Twenty20 International, Old Trafford

15 June 1st ODI, Riverside

18 June 2nd ODI, Edgbaston

21 June 3rd ODI, Bristol

25 June 4th ODI, The Oval

28 June 5th ODI, Lord's

10-14 July 1st Test, Lord's

18-22 July 2nd Test, Headingley

30 July-3 August 3rd Test, Edgbaston

7-11 August 4th Test, The Oval

20 August Twenty20 International, Riverside

22 August 1st ODI, Headingley (d/n)

26 August 2nd ODI, Trent Bridge (d/n)

29 August 3rd ODI, The Oval

31 August 4th ODI, Lord's

3 September 5th ODI, Cardiff (d/n)

Potentially be free accomodation in Yorkshire depending on if I get that job!

loveofthegame

Totally agree with all you've said mate, but on my student budget a ?28 ticket for a game 20 mins from home is a much better deal than travel, ticket, hotel and all else that comes with going down south with mates for a dirty weekend or whatever

Nelly Terraces
Potentially be free accomodation in Yorkshire depending on if I get that job!

Cheers for the offer Andy! I'll tell the rest of the lads that!;) Only kiddin, will get a hotel in Leeds, at my age, you can afford such 'luxuries'.

That D/N ODI has deffo potential, get down in the am on the Friday, afternoon and evening at the game, night on town in Leeds, then same the Saturday, back home Sunday. Howzat!!

Totally agree with all you've said mate, but on my student budget a ?28 ticket for a game 20 mins from home is a much better deal than travel, ticket, hotel and all else that comes with going down south with mates for a dirty weekend or whatever

I understand what you are saying mate but it still doesnt make it correct that the Scottish Cricket board are charging so much for this game. My full price ticket, even though im a student as well, is less than than discounted tickets that you are buying. Its more a point of principle as we are being held to ransom for this game at a time where we are trying to encourage people to take an interest. It only cost ?15 for a student and ?25 for when the Aussies came up FFS! They've got it all wrong IMO and I will not be attending because of it.

EDIT: Nelly try and book the hotel now. They are doing discounts for Travelodge in the city centre. My mate got rooms for ?9!

Archived