What's done is done

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

I think its fair to say we are all disappointed at yet another poor cup performance particularly in light of the draw for the next round however, this apart, the team have done us proud so far this season and it is night and day watching them from what it was under Csaba. Last night proved we dont really have the depth for the league push but lets back the team anyway and see how they get on, I'm enjoying going to games again, which I wasnt before, and I'll be at Tannadice on Saturday.

Captain Scarlett

I'm saddened by the result but JJ and the coaching staff have to lift the players for the next game. There is still a lot to play for let's just put it all behind us and continue the league form no point dwelling on what could've been just be positive.

I think its fair to say we are all disappointed at yet another poor cup performance particularly in light of the draw for the next round however, this apart, the team have done us proud so far this season and it is night and day watching them from what it was under Csaba. Last night proved we dont really have the depth for the league push but lets back the team anyway and see how they get on, I'm enjoying going to games again, which I wasnt before, and I'll be at Tannadice on Saturday.

this is what people should try to remember before posting the next diatribe against [insert partially to blame person's name here] or trying to find reasons and causes in the wrong bloody places.

we lost and it's sore but the players have given us so much this season that it's despicable to round on them now.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

this is what people should try to remember before posting the next diatribe against [insert partially to blame person's name here] or trying to find reasons and causes in the wrong bloody places.

we lost and it's sore but the players have given us so much this season that it's despicable to round on them now.

Spanky and the Spanglers rallying the troops !!

565CF92BD0965E5F8D9D657EF4B7FA.jpg

Drewjambobusby

Spot on. This is a wake up call just as Kilmarnock result was. We need a positive response just like we got after Kilmarnock. Not going to start worrying at all until after the next couple of games at least. But although some have tagged us invincible after our run, it proves how vunerable we are when key players, Skacel, Kyle, Templeton etc are either unfit or injured. Cover undoubtedly required to compete consistently.

What ever happens going forward, Jeffries has made one helluva start and instilled some pride back into the club.

Dagger Is Back

Winners hate to lose at any level. Winners do not accept defeat well and when they do lose it makes them even more determined to better their performance next time around.

Totally gutted at last nights result. Didn't expect it to be easy but did have high hopes of a win and progression to a next round which will see one of the Uglies disappear. We blew it - again! Our recent cup history is awful and you do have to wonder why that may be. Is it an attitude thing?

Whilst the players have done well this year, last night has shown that we've ridden our luck in many games this season, we miss the skill and motivation of Skacel, we still lack an out and out goalscorer, and like any other team when we have suspensions, injuries, illness etc. we don't have as much of a depth in squad as we think.

If we kick on from this then good and that's what I'd hope to see starting on Saturday and the next 3 weeks will determine how successful a season we have. The players SHOULD be hurting bad from last night.

Let's look for a reaction.

Archived