First loss in ten games

Vlad-Stupid

As it says. Far too much hysteria tonight, I admit it's disappointing but considering it's our first loss since October, it's not worth forming lynch mobs calling for JJ and the board's heads, or the murder of Gangsta Dave(although tempting). Let's face it, we can't win every match but weve not dropped any points tonight and hopefully this will be a killmarnock style boot up the hole that rids complacency and gives us a boost for United at the weekend :thumbsup:

J.T.F.Robertson

It's not the loss (you can't win them all) but wtf pick the feckin cup game as the one to lose? We had the chance of a real run this year, what with the form we'd been in and the fortuitous (on paper) draw we'd been given, yet we contrive to feck the whole thing up at the first obstacle.

I am mega pissed!!!

kennyblack'sshot

Let's put this down to us providing some free care in the community for Hibs fans. Judging by this board there's a few Hibees who are the happiest they've been all season. Bless.

Have to admit, 2006 is getting further and further away now, I wish we'd stop ****ing it up every year :(

All roads lead to Gorgie

Yes, but it just happened in the only competition that we could possibly win this season, the league is too big an ask. The team need to repay us big time at Tannadice now :angry:

kennyblack'sshot

FFS. We missed an open goal, gifted them a goal and their goalie made a miracle save at the death. Sometimes it's just not your night.

I admit distance probably plays a part in this but I can't say I'm really that bothered.

I only get excited about the cup once we're in the quarters. I've seen us dinged out too many times before. It's normally to middling teams in the early rounds as well so tonight was no big surprise.

We were due a loss - now it's time to regroup and push on from here. The league's probably well beyond us, but I'd just love to be in the chase for another couple of months... and from there, who knows.

If we go on a run now and win the league, this defeat could be a blessing in disguise. B)

Always tough to taste defeat after a great run of results; especially when it's the cup :(

JJ will have the lads up for the weekend :thumbsup:

These things are sent to test our strength of character and faith.

Miller Jambo 60

As it says. Far too much hysteria tonight, I admit it's disappointing but considering it's our first loss since October, it's not worth forming lynch mobs calling for JJ and the board's heads, or the murder of Gangsta Dave(although tempting). Let's face it, we can't win every match but weve not dropped any points tonight and hopefully this will be a killmarnock style boot up the hole that rids complacency and gives us a boost for United at the weekend :thumbsup:

were you there, i was and it was gashwoot.gif

Miller Jambo 60

If we go on a run now and win the league, this defeat could be a blessing in disguise. B)

Always tough to taste defeat after a great run of results; especially when it's the cup :(

JJ will have the lads up for the weekend :thumbsup:

These things are sent to test our strength of character and faith.

so what happened the night, players gave up fact, lazy bassas

were you there, i was and it was gashwoot.gif

So was I and I agree with you (hard not to) but I also agree with the OP there IS too much hysteria. We have not suddenly become a bad team, it was just a bad performance all round tonight that's all. It's a bummer we are out the cup especially as we would have had a good chance of winning it, given that the OF are playing each other, but no need to start suggesting that certain players are gash, or 'not good enough to play for Hearts' etc. These are essentially the same players that have gone 9 games unbeaten in the league, so clearly they are not gash..

All roads lead to Gorgie

So was I and I agree with you (hard not to) but I also agree with the OP there IS too much hysteria. We have not suddenly become a bad team, it was just a bad performance all round tonight that's all. It's a bummer we are out the cup especially as we would have had a good chance of winning it, given that the OF are playing each other, but no need to start suggesting that certain players are gash, or 'not good enough to play for Hearts' etc. These are essentially the same players that have gone 9 games unbeaten in the league, so clearly they are not gash..

we have gone 9 games unbeaten against teams who are gash, we are just a little less gash than they are. However tonight we were as gash as the other teams :teehee:

If you want to be a winner, you need to be ******* raging when you lose. Shrug it off and all you are is lucky. The two sides of the same filth are pish but got themselves through to the next round. If we can't grind out a win when we're shite and if the fans don't put a rocket up the players to show them that this level of pish really is not good enough then we'll never develop the winning mentality the OF have and a cup win every decade is all we can hope for.

Winners hate losing, simple as that.

Thunderstruck

we have gone 9 games unbeaten against teams who are gash, we are just a little less gash than they are. However tonight we were as gash as the other teams :teehee:

Aberdeen, Accies, Hibs and St Mirren I will give you but....

Celtic? Motherwell(away)? ICT?

Bullshit, in the vast majority of the games we have completely outplayed the opposition and were by far the better team, including the one game we have drawn where we completely tore ICT apart but they ended up getting the spawniest draw ever. We also completely outclassed the current league leaders during the run.

Tonight was a bad day at the office, nothing more.

We tore Hibs a new arsehole despite the close score, and Aberdeen for that matter. We also easily outclassed St Midden IMO, can't remember the Hamilton game

All roads lead to Gorgie

They are all gash to varying degrees. Celtic are a huge world power :whistling: , but, they are still gash :ninja:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bullshit, in the vast majority of the games we have completely outplayed the opposition and were by far the better team, including the one game we have drawn where we completely tore ICT apart but they ended up getting the spawniest draw ever. We also completely outclassed the current league leaders during the run.

Tonight was a bad day at the office, nothing more.

Just trying to bring a little :whistling: to the occasion :D:thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

We tore Hibs a new arsehole despite the close score, and Aberdeen for that matter. We also easily outclassed St Midden IMO, can't remember the Hamilton game

The Rudi shot on the dip and Temps' postage stamp screamer were the highlights of an otherwise unremarkable but sound performance.

Victor Meldrew

Lose a cup game or a league game?

Cup game for me.

This.

I really think that we can challenge at the top of the league, and I'd much rather that all our efforts were concentrated on doing so. Hopefully this will give them a kick up the backside to go on another unbeaten run.

People differently have the right to feel pissed off. We passed up a huge opportunity to win a major trophy this season. Both those slating the players (and squad) need to get a grip. One bad performance doesn't suddenly make them all shite.

Miller Jambo 60

People differently have the right to feel pissed off. We passed up a huge opportunity to win a major trophy this season. Both those slating the players (and squad) need to get a grip. One bad performance doesn't suddenly make them all shite.

I take a defeat bad mate, im a bad loser, but wots the point of being a good loserwhistling.gif

Archived