David obua

Craig Walker

Back on subject ......

David Obua has been more miss than hit at Hearts. Scottish football does not agree with him, he would be better playing in a slower more methodical league like Italy.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You dont know me from $#!t

No, I don't. Given I am a little picky about the company I keep, I don't see that changing any time soon.

and I take great offence at you even for a second having the f*****g stones to even suggest I, in any way pick on him due to the color of the mans skin. The truth of the matter is I dont really care for him as a Hearts player and even less about what order the 4 letters in his name are used.

Okay, do you rearrange the names (rapier wit btw) of any other players you dislike? For example, any that aren't black? A link to these posts would be lovely.:thumbsup:

As for your other point about you supposedly asking me before if the reason I misspell his name is due to his skin color. Thats actually a lie. You never asked me. Like the coward you are you beat about the bush but never came straight out and asked. I knew were you were going but didn't owe you the satisfaction of an answer. Check your post history.

Take a second to re-read my post, it's not that far back in the thread. I am sure that if you understand English, you'll see that the above is completely inaccurate. If you don't see that, I think you need to work on your English.

Now do me a favor. Take a flying **** to yourself and stop pretending that you're something special and can read people from a few posts on a football club message board. I would strongly suggest you make this the last time you accuse anyone on here of being racist.

A charmer I see!

Can I ask two questions?

1) is the last sentence of your post some sort of threat? I'd love to know your intentions and how you intend to proceed this over an internet message board and a big old ocean. :rofl:

And finally....

2 ) Do you re-arrange Obua's name because he is black?

All this released tension for a simple "yes" / "no" question?!?!?!?

Back on subject ......

David Obua has been more miss than hit at Hearts. Scottish football does not agree with him, he would be better playing in a slower more methodical league like Italy.

Yeah think he would go down a storm in Italy. :whistling:

Teuchterjambo

David Obua is a talented football player, it is just unfortunate that his style of play is not suitable to Scottish football. David Obua will be a successful football player if he moves to a country that allows more time on the ball and allows for more passing. Germany, Italy or the Netherlands would be good moves for Obua.

Rubbish for us though.

I'm a bit late to this thread but just can't help myself rising to this one Big H.

The suggestion that you make that someone who is simply not good enough for the SPL would be capable of playing at a decent level in Italy,Germany or anywhere else that plays a standard so far in advance of the SPL is quite simply absurd. There seems to be a perception that the higher the level you go the more time you get on the ball - what a load of absolute nonsense. The only area that you get more time on the ball is in your own last third of the park (an area not well known to David Obua). The further up the field you get towards your opponents goal the greater the pressure that goes on and that pressue is exerted at pace and opponents get closed down relentlessly and outlets are closed down also. The higher the level the harder the team without the ball works - that is simple fact - watch Barcelona when they lose possession.

Under that kind of pressure only the most skillful survive and I think we can take it that rather than be more suited Obua would be even more ruthlessly exposed than he is in the SPL. Any idea that the game is slower is nonsense, the SPL tackles may not fly in and it may be more studied but that is becaues of the skill levels.

If you are right then I would have expected teams from these countries would be queing round the block for Obua but no sign as yet, nor is it likely. The truth is that Csaba got his chum a great Gig and he will have to milk it as long as he can because it is the best Gig he is ever going to get (not his fault btw , can hadly bl;ame him)

I'm a bit late to this thread but just can't help myself rising to this one Big H.

The suggestion that you make that someone who is simply not good enough for the SPL would be capable of playing at a decent level in Italy,Germany or anywhere else that plays a standard so far in advance of the SPL is quite simply absurd. There seems to be a perception that the higher the level you go the more time you get on the ball - what a load of absolute nonsense. The only area that you get more time on the ball is in your own last third of the park (an area not well known to David Obua). The further up the field you get towards your opponents goal the greater the pressure that goes on and that pressue is exerted at pace and opponents get closed down relentlessly and outlets are closed down also. The higher the level the harder the team without the ball works - that is simple fact - watch Barcelona when they lose possession.

Under that kind of pressure only the most skillful survive and I think we can take it that rather than be more suited Obua would be even more ruthlessly exposed than he is in the SPL. Any idea that the game is slower is nonsense, the SPL tackles may not fly in and it may be more studied but that is becaues of the skill levels.

If you are right then I would have expected teams from these countries would be queing round the block for Obua but no sign as yet, nor is it likely. The truth is that Csaba got his chum a great Gig and he will have to milk it as long as he can because it is the best Gig he is ever going to get (not his fault btw , can hadly bl;ame him)

Sorry Teuchter, I still disagree with you.

I honestly don't believe he lacks ability, I just think that, sometimes, players just don't adapt to our game. I'd offer two relatively recent suggestions; Mikel Arteta and Marc Crosas. Both players who have undoubted ability but the Scottish game didn't suit them. When Mikel Arteta left R@ng*rs, it wasn't seen as a great player leaving, he was almost treated as a flop. Now, England wanted to cap him under the residency rule.

Crosas was much sought after and actually played well for Barcelona. Now cannot get a game in our league.

I would mention that French player Jeremy Clement who has went on to play over a hundred games for Paris Saint Germain, but I think I've made my point.:thumbsup:

I honestly don't believe he lacks ability, I just think that, sometimes, players just don't adapt to our game. I'd offer two relatively recent suggestions; Mikel Arteta and Marc Crosas. Both players who have undoubted ability but the Scottish game didn't suit them. When Mikel Arteta left R@ng*rs, it wasn't seen as a great player leaving, he was almost treated as a flop. Now, England wanted to cap him under the residency rule.

Crosas was much sought after and actually played well for Barcelona. Now cannot get a game in our league.

I would mention that French player Jeremy Clement who has went on to play over a hundred games for Paris Saint Germain, but I think I've made my point.:thumbsup:

BH - he lacks "heart" - a more disinterested timid individual I've never come across in 50+ years watch Hearts. He never looks like he's got his mind on the job in hand and spends much of his time wandering about aimlessly on the park.

BH - he lacks "heart" - a more disinterested timid individual I've never come across in 50+ years watch Hearts. He never looks like he's got his mind on the job in hand and spends much of his time wandering about aimlessly on the park.

So does Dietmar Hamann, Deevers.:thumbsup:

He doesn't give a monkeys about our side. He cares so little about us that I'd suggest he feels that everything at Hearts is beneath him. He needs to be moved on and sharpish, all I am saying is that I firmly believe he will succeed elsewhere; To a level.

Teuchterjambo

There is no doubt that some players will perform differently in different environments but I think underpinning the performances will still be some highly developed skills - the instances you mention make your point but the re is a difference that Obua has not shown as yet. All of these guys played at a high level at some point - to date Obua simply has not done that, he has played in an extremely mundane SPL and a highly questionable South African standard without showing anything that seriously interested anybody other than Csaba (please don't mention West Ham - they raced him).

I cannot see what his skills are, his touch is poor,his passing ability is woeful, try and think about a memorable pass he has made, his shooting lacks any composure, his awareness is questionable, his aerial ability in terms of directing a header is laughable and he couldn't tackle a fish supper (apart from that I'll give you he's not bad !).

Sorry Big H - we'll have to disagree on this one but at least it is debate unlikely some of the stuff on this thread.

There is no doubt that some players will perform differently in different environments but I think underpinning the performances will still be some highly developed skills - the instances you mention make your point but the re is a difference that Obua has not shown as yet. All of these guys played at a high level at some point - to date Obua simply has not done that, he has played in an extremely mundane SPL and a highly questionable South African standard without showing anything that seriously interested anybody other than Csaba (please don't mention West Ham - they raced him).

I cannot see what his skills are, his touch is poor,his passing ability is woeful, try and think about a memorable pass he has made, his shooting lacks any composure, his awareness is questionable, his aerial ability in terms of directing a header is laughable and he couldn't tackle a fish supper (apart from that I'll give you he's not bad !).

Sorry Big H - we'll have to disagree on this one but at least it is debate unlikely some of the stuff on this thread.

:laugh:

Fair play buddy.:thumbsup:

David Obua is a talented football player, it is just unfortunate that his style of play is not suitable to Scottish football. David Obua will be a successful football player if he moves to a country that allows more time on the ball and allows for more passing. Germany, Italy or the Netherlands would be good moves for Obua.

Rubbish for us though.

I've always supported Obua but i agree with this post, he just doesn't suit scottish football. Its a bit harsh complaining after one game because he's had hardly any game time and the whole time were rubbish.

• Moderators

Several posts have been edited....any form of racism will not be tolerated.

please keep the thread on topic.

Thanks

So does Dietmar Hamann, Deevers.:thumbsup:

He doesn't give a monkeys about our side. He cares so little about us that I'd suggest he feels that everything at Hearts is beneath him. He needs to be moved on and sharpish, all I am saying is that I firmly believe he will succeed elsewhere; To a level.

BH - I think you've hit the nail on the head with that comment!!

Right from the start when he first arrived it was crystal clear that Obua is never in a million years a football player. Worse still he doesn't try very hard, which is unforgivable.

World 3, like you I'm still waiting to be proved wrong, but how long has he been with us? I think he's had enough chances, and it's time to offload or buy out his contract or something.

aberhill jambo

World 3, like you I'm still waiting to be proved wrong, but how long has he been with us? I think he's had enough chances, and it's time to offload or buy out his contract or something.

Should not start another game for us he is never a football player GET SHOT OF HIM

I haven't read a single post on this thread but I'll tell ye this:

I like The Big O. I'd like to go to Megabowl with him - that would be great fun. He is also good at football.

Anyone who doesn't like him is a swine, pure and simple.

You can all away n fling shecht at yersels

I haven't read a single post on this thread but I'll tell ye this:

I like The Big O. I'd like to go to Megabowl with him - that would be great fun. He is also good at football.

Anyone who doesn't like him is a swine, pure and simple.

You can all away n fling shecht at yersels

I'll save you reading it - 99% of people say he's pants

Yeah think he would go down a storm in Italy. :whistling:

The fans would love him, particuarly at Lazio!!!! :whistling:

Not being the worst, which undoubtedly he isn't, doesn't draw away from the fact that he is shockingly bad though.

I think there is a player in there somewhere but its obvious his style of play is not suitable for british football so move him on for his own sake.

Grumpy.

I think there is a player in there somewhere but its obvious his style of play is not suitable for british football so move him on for his own sake.

Grumpy.

What exactly is his style?

What are the attributes that people seem to think he has that would make him play better in a different league?

Serious facepalming for anyone who thinks this guy is any good.

Ken what I do think is shan patter?

Not the "he's mince" stuff, that's fine. Some folk have different opinions on different players. Don't expect any different.

Nah, the phrase I utterly detest is "He's never a footballer/football player".

Well, in Obua's case, he quite clearly is. He's played hundreds games of football at professional level, and been capped several times at international for his country at - guess what - football. He makes his living from playing football, and I daresay (although I'm not one of they Go Compare lads) that on any insurance forms that he signs, he lists his profession as "Footballer".

All told, I'm fairly certain that aye, he is a footballer. I also find that, incredibly, the demographic who use this phrase the most are old, fat lads who most likely haven't so much as kicked a ball down the park since the last time they saw their boaby.

Like I say, shan patter.

What exactly is his style?

What are the attributes that people seem to think he has that would make him play better in a different league?

Serious facepalming for anyone who thinks this guy is any good.

Yup.

He's either a good player and it's Scottish Football that doesn't fit or he's just not very good and somewhat gutless. My opinion is the latter, he certainly won't be moving up in the football world when he leaves Hearts.

He had the chance to play in a wonderful league with West Ham and they ran for the hills.

For the sake of discussion, can someone who's clued in to the wage structure at Tynie, have a reasonable guesstimate of his weekly wage, then give us a breakdown per minute played and per goal scored, for comparison's sake. Bet it won't make good reading. :(

portobellojambo1

I just hope Jim Jefferies and the rest of the backroom staff took in what transpired on Tuesday evening past. The thought of Obua playing the striking role today at Tannadice is frightening. While Gary Glen may still be recovering from the same bug Stephen Elliott had I accept it is difficult for Jefferies in terms of options to replace Kyle at this time, but we must have someone with a bit more anything about them than David Obua.

He just doesn't have it, he is living on a hero status bestowed on him by some Hearts fans following a last minute goal at Easter Road, a chance he was around 6 inches away from doing the exact same as he did with an even easier chance versus St Johnstone on Tuesday (i.e. stick it over the bar).

He isn't good enough, it's as simple as that, irrespective of how much he is earning.

Archived