Player ratings

Coco

Macdonald - 5 - too wee, no presence

Jonsson - 6 - big effort, needs someone to tell him how to throw the ball for a throw in

Zaliukas - 4 - looked very shakey

Bouzid - 3 - what was he playing at for the goal

Palazuelos - 5 - mixed bag tonight

Black - 5 - poorer than recent good games

Mroweic - 5 - as Black

Elliott - 3 - brings nothing to the party - a post-injury Gary Wales

Novikovas - 4 - better as a substitute

Stevenson - 2 - not good enough for Hearts

Kyle - 3 - not at the races

Obua - 0 - gutless waste of space

Elliot - 3 - time surely up soon

Templeton - 3 - not really involved

Rotten display. We can't play the 4-2-3-1 without Rudi and certainly not with an off-form Kyle (or Obua).

MacDonald - 5 - Kicking was terrible.

Jonsson - 6 - Fairly solid and unspectacular. Story of his career.

Zaliukas - 4 - One of his poorer games. Dropped a mark because he's supposed to be captain, but I didn't hear a peep out of him all night.

Bouzid - 4 - Heading was awful and wtf was he on for the goal? Playing the boy yards onside then whatever the **** happened next. Rangers are welcome to him on that display.

Palazuelos - 6 - Probably my MOTM. Stopped most coming down his side.

Stevenson - 5 - Pretty clueless in possession, not sure he has the ability or pace to make it with us - I don't think I've ever seen him take it past a player.

Black - 5 - Tidy before he was taken off. (Why, btw?)

Mrowiec - 5 - Mixed bag.

Novikovas - 4 - Head went down far too early, chose to play a poor pass with the goal opening up for him.

Elliott - 4 - Yard behind play, buzzed about with little effect. So, so slow on the turn.

Kyle - 5 - Was struggling, but even an injured Kevin Kyle is better than the alternative?

Subs:

Ellot - 2 - Ineffective.

Templeton - 2 - Ineffective.

I'm refusing to even comment on David Obua. I'm sick and tired of slating that useless *****.

All in all, we've bottled our biggest game of the season and, in the process, ruined our only chance of silverware. The off-night was always going to come, but you'd think, given our recent form, we'd be able to pull something better than that out of the bag. I'm not going to lie; I'm gutted tonight, boys. Very disappointed.

MacDonald 4 Never looked comfortable

Jonnson 5 Tries hard but we need a right back

Zaliukas 5 Poor defensively tonight, tried to drive the team forward

Bouzid 4 Poor tonight

Ruben 6 Tried to drive us forward, decent shift.

Black 3 Had to be released from Morris pocket to be subbed

Stevenson 1 Still thought he was in the Ayr end at Fester Road

Mroweic 5 Not great, but did his job

Novikovas 6 Kept plugging away, put in some great crosses again, should have been kept on longer with Temps on the other wing to stretch them

Kyle 5 Looked like he was playing with an injury

Elliott 5 Plugged away but not a lot came off for him tonight

Obua 1 And some are happy with this squad.

Elliott 1 See Obua

Temps 4 Offered another outlet

JJ got it wrong with his midfield choice tonight, Temps and Novi should have been given longer together.

We missed Skacel big time tonight.

Tonight showed up the weaknesses in our squad.

Hey ho we are out the cup, Utd up next and the league is our sole focus and that might just work in our favour game wise and focus wise.

If we can get the right reaction on Saturday then there is still a major prize to play for.

Someone jokingly said on another thread that Mole would be preferable to bringing Obua on.

And you know what - he's right. :lol:

Someone jokingly said on another thread that Mole would be preferable to bringing Obua on.

And you know what - he's right. :lol:

Us playing with 10men would be more preferable.:mellow:

Macdonald - 5 - poor kicking, very quiet, poor at goal

Jonsson - 7 - thought that if anybody deserved a 7 it was him, didnt do much too much but not a player to change a game

Zaliukas - 4 - didnt get the team going, shaky

Bouzid - 3 - play for rangers or in the premiership, are you kidding? His fault for the goal

Palazuelos - 6 - nowhere near what he is capable of but compared to the rest ok

Black - 5 - poor

Mroweic - 5 - very quiet

Elliott - 4 - can see he tried but the man clearly has no end product, needs the goals or he is another striker with hype who has done nothing

Novikovas - 3 - had a terrible night, high expectations after the derby cleary too much for him

Stevenson - 4 - very poor game, needs to improve, fast

Kyle - 5 - got nothing from the ref but never looked dangerous

Obua - 0 - who cares about 4 goals against musselburgh, means nothing, get him out and save ourselves 2k on the wage bill

Elliot - 0 - after a good start we are back to same old callum

Templeton - 3 - didnt get in to the game

wait until the summer but id like to see us get rid of elliot, obua, bouzid, mole, glen, balogh. give us some space on the wage bill to bring in 2 or 3 players who deserve to play for the badge

All roads lead to Gorgie

A big fat Zero to everyone. No I think I am being too generous there :down::down::down:

The Old Tolbooth

Macdonald - 6 - Didn't have a lot to do but thought he handled most things ok, kicking is poor though.

Jonsson - 3 - Terrible game yet again but appears to be the golden boy, he needs a boot up the arse or dropped!

Zaliukas - 4 - Very poor tonight, look all over the place a few times and not his usual assured self.

Bouzid - 3 - If this joker thinks he's good enough to move up from Hearts then let him go, an utterly pathetic job at clearing for the goal!

Palazuelos - 5 - I really can't wait until Wallace comes back and we can maybe get Ruben back into the middle, or on the bench.

Black - 4 - Poor game tonight, but to be fair he's played well most of the season.

Mroweic - 4 - Worst game for a long time but then it was just a bad day at the office I guess.

Elliott - 6 - He put in a lot of work and tried his best to be creative, but his end product in front of goal is very weak.

Novikovas - 3 - Awful performance, he should never have been played from the start, his end product is non existent unless he can beat his man and get a cross in, but he never wanted to or looked like beating his man tonight

Stevenson - 5 - Thought he worked hard but there was little end product to his game also, he's had far better games in maroon.

Kyle - 4 - Wasn't 100% fit from the start and it showed, his head went down a bit tonight when Brines started his pish against him for no reason, I really wish our bent officials would give the guy a break!

Obua - 0 - Get him to feck!

Elliot - 0 - Get him to feck too!

Templeton - 3 - I still can't believe Jefferies brought him on and didn't put him in his natural left wing role, even if it meant taking off the ineffective Novikovas, or switching him somewhere else to do feck all, Temps should have been straight into his most effective position!

Brines - 0 - Shit for both teams and an utter welt of a human being who deserves ****** rot!

jambos are go!

I thought Stevenson had a decent game and was involved in most good moves. Stephen Elliot seems to spend all his rme with his back to goal. We need a right back IMO who can hold down the position.

Nobody deserves pass marks and if they can't be bothered to attempt to win a cup game then I can't be bothered to give any of them any points. Inept in the first half, shockingly bad in the second. I don't know what the team talk was at half time but I doubt it included the words 'right lads go out there and make a ***** of yourselves. I want my money back.

And, frankly while I have jumped to his defence in the past, after Obua missed that sitter he may as well have just trudged back off and sat back on the bench. We would have played better with a man short. Seriously.

I thought Stevenson had a decent game and was involved in most good moves. Stephen Elliot seems to spend all his rme with his back to goal. We need a right back IMO who can hold down the position.

That suggests we had a few good moves, i'm struggling to think of anything we did that I would describe as 'good'.

jambos are go!

That suggests we had a few good moves, i'm struggling to think of anything we did that I would describe as 'good'.

for one he was involved with a very good move with Novikovas who wasted it with a poor final ball

Jamie mac-6 ok

Eggert-4 I agree with jm. As long as his arse points downwards he'll never be a footballer. Tries hard though.

Zak-5 unusually shaky

Bouzid-4 taxi

Pall-6 did ok I thought

Black-4 Get Wallace back to left back and pals in here.

Mrowiec-5 didnt look as mobile tonight is he carrying a knock?

Novi-5 showed some nice touches but never really got into the game

Stevenson-4 The lad ain't good enough simple. Tries hard but not good enough

Elliott- 6 intelligent runs and good workrate. Will come good.

Kyle-4 the big fella looked injured tonight before we kicked off.

Obua-1 same taxi as bouzid

Callum Elliot-1 make that taxi for 3!

Temps-3 must start

Macdonald - 5 - poor kicking, very quiet, poor at goal

Jonsson - 7 - thought that if anybody deserved a 7 it was him, didnt do much too much but not a player to change a game

Zaliukas - 4 - didnt get the team going, shaky

Bouzid - 3 - play for rangers or in the premiership, are you kidding? His fault for the goal

Palazuelos - 6 - nowhere near what he is capable of but compared to the rest ok

Black - 5 - poor

Mroweic - 5 - very quiet

Elliott - 4 - can see he tried but the man clearly has no end product, needs the goals or he is another striker with hype who has done nothing

Novikovas - 3 - had a terrible night, high expectations after the derby cleary too much for him

Stevenson - 4 - very poor game, needs to improve, fast

Kyle - 5 - got nothing from the ref but never looked dangerous

Obua - 0 - who cares about 4 goals against musselburgh, means nothing, get him out and save ourselves 2k on the wage bill

Elliot - 0 - after a good start we are back to same old callum

Templeton - 3 - didnt get in to the game

wait until the summer but id like to see us get rid of elliot, obua, bouzid, mole, glen, balogh. give us some space on the wage bill to bring in 2 or 3 players who deserve to play for the badge

Its a game of opinions but Jonsson 7, in marks out of ten that is very good. Tonight Eggert was his usual self, crap. Cant understand how he gets near the first team. Always a squad player at best

Adrian the Pole was horrendous last night. The number of times he gave the ball away or miscontrolled it made my eyes bleed. Never been convinced about this guy. <_<

jambos are go!

eggert 3

the rest 0

Eggert is a trier( and a very good squad player)but he is nowhere near being the right back we need to try and match the abilities of Wallace on the left. Maybury and Neilson are sadly fond memories

jambos are go!

Adrian the Pole was horrendous last night. The number of times he gave the ball away or miscontrolled it made my eyes bleed. Never been convinced about this guy. <_<

Agree, but he was required to make the play more with Skacel missing and that does not suit him.

JamboJohn1874

Macdonald - 5 - One good save, not really in it, kicking suspect.

Jonsson - 6 - One of the few to get pass marks and probably the best Hearts player

Zaliukas - 6 - Ok

Bouzid - 3 - Please feel free to go to the Premiership

Palazuelos - 6 - Ok

Black - 5 - Seen better

Mroweic - 2 - Hideous

Elliott - 5 - Looked very sharp, makes plenty space, just doesn't score goals

Novikovas - 1 - Should have been taken off first half when he was not cutting it

Stevenson - 5 - We will never win anything with players like this on the books, just not good enough

Kyle - 5 - The whole team collapsed as soon as he went off injured

Obua - 1 - Please do not expect to play again

Elliot - 0 - Why am I paying money to watch this guy. Not fit for purpose!

Templeton - 3 - No time

Wish I had joined the majority who stayed away from this one. The annoying thing is we had a real chance this year with better players and Rangers and Celtic drawn together.

JJ needs some serious stick for not removing Novikovas early doors, when even a blind man could see he could not cut it. Keeping him on, probably to keep his confidence up, was an utter disaster for the rest of the team. He needs to be farmed out to a lower division to learn the game properly, whether he likes it or not. Palazuelos had no out ball throughout the game as Novi can't find space or hold the ball. Removing him with 15 minutes to go for an attack force of Obua, Elliott and "Not fit for purpose" Elliot is the stuff of nightmares.

As soon as Kyle went off injured, Obua could neither get it nor hold onto it to take any pressure off, so this condemned us pretty quickly. Lumping balls up to Kyle only works when Elliott gets close to him and the referee gives him a break, neither of these occurred last night.

It is now quite clear, we do not have anywhere near the strength in depth many here were suggesting and although Rudi has been very quiet of late, his quality and passing was seriously missed. Templeton's flair was also badly missed.

St Johnstone were poor and we couldn't beat them - it doesn't bode well for the next 6 games.

Disser Pointon

He may have had a bad game (and he had plenty of company there) but I cant believe the bit in bold, Mrowiec, along with Black, has been one of our best players this season doing all the dirty work and allowing other players (I will avoid use of the word flair) to push forward. All IMO of course.

ToadKiller Dog

A bit late but here goes for what its worth

MacDonald 5 a nervy game again ,not a first pick quality based on last 2 performances

Jonnson 6 did ok cleared the ball out rather than looking for a pass to often

Zaliukas 5 the sloppy Zal last night risky short passes but did try to get them moving

Bouzid 4 Poor game

Ruben 6 Tried to pass the ball would have been more effective in the midfield instead of Black or Stevenson if Wallace was ready .

Black 3 Type of game he should dominate but didnt out thought and out fought by Morris

Stevenson 2 had hopes for him as he looked sharper in the pre season hasnt delivered

Mroweic 5 Not great worked but like every other player not on there game

Novikovas 6 a few decent runs ,but the old thing needs to toughen up ,also needs to watch the game better, often ran made a pass then didnt move , Still lots to learn but will be a good player .

Kyle 5 Didnt look fit from the start but as ever gave his all , got a few dodgy decisions given against him while on , Get fit quick

Elliott 6 worked and worked made the wrong decision when getting in the right place

Obua 3 Honking miss but not the worst on the pitch

Elliott 2 nope

Temps 4 Tried a leg when he came on .

The whole team was underpar about a 4 , they will be hurting today , I expect a reaction this weekend . Last night was more like last season , Missing our shock players such as Rudi and Temps for a good period added to a not Fully fit Kyle clearly weakens our goal threat . We still need a calm head pass maker in the centre of the midfield .

Jody Morris was streets ahead of ours .

Jonsson was the worst player on the park last night, this also proves the point i made earlier in the season that we should be looking at an experienced right-back as well as a left-sided centre-half. That defence was all over the place, thankfully St Johnstone were as garbage as us on the night or we could've been in for a right hiding.

Charlie-Brown

Jonsson was the worst player on the park last night, this also proves the point i made earlier in the season that we should be looking at an experienced right-back as well as a left-sided centre-half. That defence was all over the place, thankfully St Johnstone were as garbage as us on the night or we could've been in for a right hiding.

The team is unbalanced on the right side as Templeton/Novikovas have been playing left wing but Elliott/Elliot tend to drift inside closer to Kyle and we don't carry the same threat, balance or attacking options down the right - except for a very brief period last night when templeton played on the right wing but when he switched back over to the left after Novikovas went off we were again a man short on the right. Jonsson had a bit of a 'mare but this doesn't help him.

He may have had a bad game (and he had plenty of company there) but I cant believe the bit in bold, Mrowiec, along with Black, has been one of our best players this season doing all the dirty work and allowing other players (I will avoid use of the word flair) to push forward. All IMO of course.

I know what his job is meant to be but as a footballer he should be able to control a football with no one near him or make a simple 10 yard pass under no pressure. Know he is there to break up the play but he should have basic,simple skills which is why he doesnt convince me.

As one earlier poster was player rating he used the word " hideous " to describe him and i have to agree. But as you say its about opinions. <_<

Eggert is a trier( and a very good squad player)but he is nowhere near being the right back we need to try and match the abilities of Wallace on the left. Maybury and Neilson are sadly fond memories

Eggert is not the answer, but have a word with yourself. 4_1_72.gif

Archived