It had to happen sometime

jayjay

The hardy souls who braved it tonight I think we got what we deserved tonight.

I can hardly type this on my phone my hands are so numb thats how cold it is here but that was a piss poor performance.

St Johnstone are total crap and to go out the cup like that is a poor poor show.

A few thinks made themselves pretty clear tonight in my eyes. If Kyle is suspended or injured were fecked. There literally is no threat when he ain't there. Obua can go he's a shite bag plain and simple and not good enough for the jersey.

Ryan Stevenson IMO just ain't gonna cut it if we want to go where we think we do.

I hope this is the wake up call for jefferies to see we still need bodies in and to empty the deadwood. Very disappointed tonight.

Cardiac Rucksack

We just aint good enough, its that simple. We still seem to lack a plan B. Thtas what we need to find in the window.

Fair play to you guys who went tonight, but as you say it had to happen sometime, doesn't make it less painfull though. Ah well on to the next game.

Our squad is nowhere near as good as some think.

Short of good decent replacements at the back and at the top end of the pitch.

How was Stephen Elliott tonight? Still unconvinced by him if I'm honest.

3rd place is a good season but we really had to make sure we got a cup run too.

Skivingatwork

We struggle against sides who come to Tynecastle and sit/dig in. Away from home and when we take the lead at home, teams are forced to come out and we exploit the space with pace.

When teams sit in though we lack the creative spark to break them down or even a penalty box striker to pick up a scrap.

This has been proved at home recently against ICT, Hibs & tonight.

Agree with the OP despite what many people seem to think we do not have a strong enough squad in many posistions, replacements for Kyle & Rudi are the obvious ones that spring to mind.

I thought Stephen Elliott was ok without being great. Works like mad man shows some nice touches make good runs he's an intelligent player and he will cone on I've no doing about that but it's guys like obua' stevenson' bouzid' IMO Jonnson' and Calum Elliot. Nothing against these guys but I just don't think they are good enough. They all try hard enough they can't be faulted for that just don't have the necessary quality.

We just aint good enough, its that simple. We still seem to lack a plan B. Thtas what we need to find in the window.

Totally agree with you. IF we have anychance of splitting the old firm this season, and lets face it we are only a few players out from doing so, Vlad has to get the wallet out and get some signings or we will end up with a hole in a donut! We need back up for Kyle, at least one playmaker for the midfield and a versitile centre back / right back.

Its not impossible....aye its disapointing but the season is far from over. We are still a million miles ahead from when big Jim came in. Positive 3 place in league and not far behind the ugly sisters - Negative....well we all know it!

Rudi and Kyle are our key players. This much is now clear. We created frightneningly little without them on the park in that second half.

I actually started laughing when Elliott got MOTM, because he had an actual nightmare. Then I tried to work out who should have got it in front of him. At least he set up (the all time easiest) chance for Obua and worked the goalkeeper at the end, which is more than can be said for the rest.

PS. "Lee Wallace will have to wait his turn and earn his way back into the side" - :rofl:

We need to freashen things up a bit,Driver Suso and Wallace would have made a massive difference tonight.The sooner we get some of these guys fit the better.

Yup, just back and nearly thawed out.

The whole team was poor tonight, no singling out required. Jamie Mac didn't really do anything wrong, so pass marks for him. Everyone else - must do better.

Not sure if it was the atmosphere (lack of) or what, but St J are used to playing in an empty stadium and were just up for it more. First half was a non-event. Second half had chances at both ends, but more for St J. Far too many mistakes from Hearts too.

In the end, we were shite and St J deserved the win.

I can hardly type this on my phone my hands are so numb thats how cold it is here but that was a piss poor performance.

St Johnstone are total crap and to go out the cup like that is a poor poor show.

A few thinks made themselves pretty clear tonight in my eyes. If Kyle is suspended or injured were fecked. There literally is no threat when he ain't there. Obua can go he's a shite bag plain and simple and not good enough for the jersey.

Ryan Stevenson IMO just ain't gonna cut it if we want to go where we think we do.

I hope this is the wake up call for jefferies to see we still need bodies in and to empty the deadwood. Very disappointed tonight.

Totally agree. Freezing cold night, no fight from the team, rubbish atmosphere. And novi-fecking-kovas??? Rubbish, wrong decision, poor final ball, hid in the second half. They should have subbed him BEFORE half time.

And the closed stand had nothing to do with it. An off the boil Kyle and no rudi and templeton had everything to do with it.

Steven elliott was only man with pass marks for me.

Gutted.

Carl Weathers

Rudi and Kyle are our key players. This much is now clear. We created frightneningly little without them on the park in that second half.

I actually started laughing when Elliott got MOTM, because he had an actual nightmare. Then I tried to work out who should have got it in front of him. At least he set up (the all time easiest) chance for Obua and worked the goalkeeper at the end, which is more than can be said for the rest.

PS. "Lee Wallace will have to wait his turn and earn his way back into the side" - :rofl:

Our best player, imo.

Fecking disastrous night and I can't work out where such an inept performance came from after such a long run of form.

Our best player, imo.

Fecking disastrous night and I can't work out where such an inept performance came from after such a long run of form.

As I went on to say, I couldn't for the life of me think of anyone who was as good as him, despite him being awful. Shocker of a performance and it'll need sorted for the weekend when we actually play against a half decent outfit.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Was there, terrible atmosphere terrible showing on the pitch. IMO Ryan and Zal actually had alright games, totally unimpressed with the rest of the team.

Our squad is nowhere near as good as some think.

Short of good decent replacements at the back and at the top end of the pitch.

How was Stephen Elliott tonight? Still unconvinced by him if I'm honest.

3rd place is a good season but we really had to make sure we got a cup run too.

Thought Eliott was our main threat in the first half but seemed to dissapear for the majority of the second half, not good enough tonight but still rate him fairly highly personally.

Totally agree. Freezing cold night, no fight from the team, rubbish atmosphere. And novi-fecking-kovas??? Rubbish, wrong decision, poor final ball, hid in the second half. They should have subbed him BEFORE half time.

And the closed stand had nothing to do with it. An off the boil Kyle and no rudi and templeton had everything to do with it.

Steven elliott was only man with pass marks for me.

Gutted.

In fairness to the boy we seemed to just go for route 1 from about the 5th minute onwards and hes no going to win anything in the air. Looked good with the ball at his feet.

As for Kyle they doubled up on himf rom the very start not a whole lot he could do, credit to Saints.

Carl Weathers

As I went on to say, I couldn't for the life of me think of anyone who was as good as him, despite him being awful. Shocker of a performance and it'll need sorted for the weekend when we actually play against a half decent outfit.

I spotted that! I just don't think he was awful (neither do I think he was great). He was getting involved and trying to set up play - particularly in the first half. He's a player who seems to have a bit of intelligence and skill about him, imo.

I agree with your overall point though, we were ganting.

you would think that most people would have seen enough football in their lives to remember that performance levels don't stay the same all the time, indeed they can sometimes unexpectedly change quite radically in a short period of time. you would also think that some people would also remember that the game is played by human beings who, by nature, are susceptible to human frailties.

but obviously fecking not eh? people must be scalped alive and hung up by the hee-haws.

MacDonald Jardine

Yup, just back and nearly thawed out.

The whole team was poor tonight, no singling out required. Jamie Mac didn't really do anything wrong, so pass marks for him. Everyone else - must do better.

Not sure if it was the atmosphere (lack of) or what, but St J are used to playing in an empty stadium and were just up for it more. First half was a non-event. Second half had chances at both ends, but more for St J. Far too many mistakes from Hearts too.

In the end, we were shite and St J deserved the win.

I wouldn't say they deserved to win: it was anyone's game and they got the goal.

Re the bit in bold: the atmosphere was piss poor tonight and wouldn't have been any better if they'd opened the Wheatfield, in fact possibly worse.

I'm amazed though that the run we were on we couldn't get more than 6,000 odd to the game.

It shouldn't make a difference in theory but it must have affected the players.

Not an excuse for them but it doesn't say much for our "support".

Tonight showed up just how threadbare our squad really is. A striker and a midfielder are a must if the challenge is to continue.

JennytheJambo

Just thawed out and not the night to sit and watch a horror show. I know it had to happen sometime and we can't win every game but what angers me was the attitude of the players towards this game tonight, they looked as if they couldn't careless, did they think they only had to turn up or was the rumours I heard that there was a virus hitting the players. They couldn't string two passes together, the defence was sloppy, I was convinced they were trying to set up for St Johnstone to score (in which they did).

It is so disappointing to think we had a chance to go somewhere in the cup but yet again we have let ourselves down.

Archived