Floodlights

Craigieboy

How do they decide which bulbs point in what direction on the flood light panels so as to ensure even distribution of light?

How do they decide which bulbs point in what direction on the flood light panels so as to ensure even distribution of light?

They are lamps, you get bulbs in the garden. tongue.gif

OK, dull lesson time as I work in stage lighting.

If each unit of floodlights has 16 lamps (for example) the pitch will be divided into 16 areas. One lamp for each area, ideally the bottom 4 should light the 4 areas closest to the pylon and the top lighting the furthest away to stop the light coming in at too flat and angle and dazzling the players. This will be repeated for all 4 pylons ensuring that there are 4 points of light onto each 16th of the pitch minimizing shadows with the shadows being washed out by the lights sources from the other units. The optimum angle would be 45 degrees.

Or that's how they will be focused when they are installed by the professionals, the focus will get more vague over time as they are replaced and not pointed as precisely.

Pretty dull stuff really.

Frankenstein Jambo.

If each unit of floodlights has 16 lamps (for example) the pitch will be divided into 16 areas. One lamp for each area, ideally the bottom 4 should light the 4 areas closest to the pylon and the top lighting the furthest away to stop the light coming in at too flat and angle and dazzling the players. This will be repeated for all 4 pylons ensuring that there are 4 points of light onto each 16th of the pitch minimizing shadows with the shadows being washed out by the lights sources from the other units. The optimum angle would be 45 degrees.

Or that's how they will be focused when they are installed by the professionals, the focus will get more vague over time as they are replaced and not pointed as precisely.

So, pointing it at the pitch and judging it.

Any numpty could do it.

cashgenerator

Are you really that bored?

Thanks Taz ...

nerd.jpg

I must be a right sad *******, I found that quite interesting... :ermm:

Hearts are playing judging by the time you posted this and your talking about lamps... What sort of fam have you turned in to Craig :teehee:

Found myself drifting off into similar philosophical thoughts as the match progressed to what became apparent was its inevitable conclusion. Several of the squad seemed to do so as well.

The thrill of the cup, my foot.

Archived