Question

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can banks cancel any payments you have made over the internet?

I just paid ?254 for something last night without realising it's left me mega skint!

Can I get in touch with my bank and ask them to cancel it or is that not possible?

Cheers

Doing Camp America in the summer and it was payments for that.

Absolutely spewing when I realised the state of my bank balance :eek:

If it was a debit card payment - no.

They can dispute it if it was not as described, sold under false pretences etc but not just because you've changed your mind.

I'd guess only the company could give you a refund.

davemclaren
If it was a debit card payment - no.

They can dispute it if it was not as described, sold under false pretences etc but not just because you've changed your mind.

I'd guess only the company could give you a refund.

Can they? I thought the Consumer Credit Act only covered credit card transactions.

chester copperpot
Can they? I thought the Consumer Credit Act only covered credit card transactions.

As far as Im aware Dave, it covers debit card payments too. We (my bank) had a spell where customers were getting refunds under the CCA for Maestro payments they had made to a travel company which went tats up.

As Cosanostra stated they, they cannot recall a Maestro payment, you will need to get in touch with the company to get a refund. Unless the payment wasn't authorised. If it was, you're pretty much Donald Ducked.

I'm sure it does if it's a UK company. Consumer's have rights to refunds etc (i'm not 100% sure of the details) but this might be different if it's an American company.

Question no.2 - How much had you had to drink when you purchased said item ?

Nowt. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the help lads.

Looks like I'm fecked. Have emailed the company so will see what they say but I'm not optimistic.

Another question for all the JKB bankers (yes I said bankers) I'm with the Royal Bank of Scotland but can't get an overdraft, I don't know why think it's because I don't have any credit and I have the worst account known to man. (Route 21)

If I move to HBOS will they be more relaxed about an ovedraft? Applied online last night and said I wanted the overdraft facility.

Everyman and their dog has an overdraft but for some reason I can't fecking get one!

Archived