Cristiano Ronaldo (NHC)

RoussetsShorts

Cardiac Rucksack

Nice to see skys barca wankfest has got some more followers. Messi failed at the world cup and fails regularly for argentina. Ronaldo is superior in almost every department.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see skys barca wankfest has got some more followers. Messi failed at the world cup and fails regularly for argentina. Ronaldo is superior in almost every department.

:laugh: :laugh:

Clueless.

You are actually a fool. Amazing.

You discount players who are loyal, and castigate Messi for having the luck to play in a good team. I don't recall Ronaldo carrying a poor team in his career.

If you go by those criteria then Maradona is the best ever as he won Serie A for Napoli and the World Cup for Argentina carrying sides that weren't up to it without him.

The Man U team he left behind, whilst not being poor, wasn't great and it could be argued that he had carried them a bit in the previous couple of years.

what about goals. Its all about goals goals goals, he's an absolute goal machine and isn't even a striker.

Exactly. He isn't a striker so it isn't all about goals.

It's also worth noting that in the Ballon D'Or, Ronaldo wasn't even in the top 3 (someone's probably already covered this I'd imagine but worth repeating :D )

how did he fail at the world cup? he had to play deeper (and was effective) more in the role which xavi does for barcelona and if you say he didn't score, this is only due to the form of the nigeria keeper. and ronaldo only got one goal in the WC against north korea and didn't even score in portugals qualifying campaign for the WC

The Man U team he left behind, whilst not being poor, wasn't great and it could be argued that he had carried them a bit in the previous couple of years.

its basically the exact same team apart from chicarito and valencia who hasnt really made an impact due to injury and are unbeaten in the league. so imo this is untrue

its basically the exact same team apart from chicarito and valencia who hasnt really made an impact due to injury and are unbeaten in the league. so imo this is untrue

Did they do a lot worse the season after he left? Yes.

Are they now doing well? Admittedly yes, but Berbatov is now on form, also two of their main rivals are having mares.

The team Man U had with Ronaldo was a really top team, the team without him is a very good EPL team but they fell behind the other super clubs when he left and wasn't replaced.

Did they do a lot worse the season after he left? Yes.

Are they now doing well? Admittedly yes, but Berbatov is now on form, also two of their main rivals are having mares.

The team Man U had with Ronaldo was a really top team, the team without him is a very good EPL team but they fell behind the other super clubs when he left and wasn't replaced.

didn't tevez leave at the same time?

Charlie-Brown

C.Ronaldo is certainly one of the most overhyped players in the world, Wayne Rooney is strong competition for that crown though!

mahgrassyshoes

how did he fail at the world cup? he had to play deeper (and was effective) more in the role which xavi does for barcelona and if you say he didn't score, this is only due to the form of the nigeria keeper. and ronaldo only got one goal in the WC against north korea and didn't even score in portugals qualifying campaign for the WC

Was it not also a complete fluke that hit off his heaqd past the keeper or some nonsense like that?

This board is usually a Messi wankfest but there is weight to your theory. Lets not get away from the fact both are exceptional players, who will be viewed among the all time greats when they retire. Just how high up that list will depend on whether one of them can carry their national team to a World Cup win. So far this is something they have both failed to do while maintaining unbelieveable club form. Messi undoubtedly plays in a better team, which no doubt helps him.

Weighing up all their attributes on an individual basis (all imo) there's nothing in it, and it probably comes down to personal preference as a football fan:

Pace - probably about equal

Arial presence - Ronaldo

Passing/Assisting - about equal

Strength - Ronaldo

Dribbling - about equal

Finishing - about equal

Raw Skill - Ronaldo

Workrate - Messi

Temperament - Messi

Playing with both feet - Ronaldo

As has been said though, how would Messi find it in the EPL? It's a question worth asking as it is undoubtedly very different to La Liga. Ronaldo has exceptional skill, and a physical presence, which enabled him to dominate there, but this is one thing Messi lacks which he can't do anything about.

This board is usually a Messi wankfest but there is weight to your theory. Lets not get away from the fact both are exceptional players, who will be viewed among the all time greats when they retire. Just how high up that list will depend on whether one of them can carry their national team to a World Cup win. So far this is something they have both failed to do while maintaining unbelieveable club form. Messi undoubtedly plays in a better team, which no doubt helps him.

Weighing up all their attributes on an individual basis (all imo) there's nothing in it, and it probably comes down to personal preference as a football fan:

Arial presence - Ronaldo

Passing/Assisting - about equal :laugh:

Strength - Ronaldo

Dribbling - about equal :laugh:

Finishing - about equal

Raw Skill - Ronaldo totally pointless category.

Workrate - Messi

Temperament - Messi

As has been said though, how would Messi find it in the EPL? It's a question worth asking as it is undoubtedly very different to La Liga. Ronaldo has exceptional skill, and a physical presence, which enabled him to dominate there, but this is one thing Messi lacks which he can't do anything about.

:rolleyes:

This utter disaster of a thread isn't about Ronaldo being better than Messi though.

It is about how he will be the greatest player of all time.

Charlie-Brown

Arial presence - Ronaldo

Passing/Assisting - about equal

Strength - Ronaldo

Dribbling - about equal

Finishing - about equal

Raw Skill - Ronaldo

Workrate - Messi

Temperament - Messi

Hopeless misjudgement there figoo especially regards finishing when Messi's stats are 25% better goals per game!

Miller Jambo 60

Debate his off field antics, personality etc all you want but at age 25 he has now scored 135 goals in 268 games, he has played for arguably the two biggest clubs in the world and is clearly on track to be the best player in the games history.

He outshines Messi because he has done it in two BIG leagues.

cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-la-liga-03.jpg

George Best on the pash, Ronaldo is a wee cherry boy wi nae bottle.

Charlie-Brown

This utter disaster of a thread isn't about Ronaldo being better than Messi though.

It is about how he will be the greatest player of all time.

Heck he can't even conjure up any obscure poetic metaphors like Man Utd fans all-time best/favourite player!

Debate his off field antics, personality etc all you want but at age 25 he has now scored 135 goals in 268 games, he has played for arguably the two biggest clubs in the world and is clearly on track to be the best player in the games history.

He outshines Messi because he has done it in two BIG leagues.

cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-la-liga-03.jpg

Trolling imho or perhaps just severe retardation :teehee:

Messi's stats are 25% better goals per game!

What the chances of you showing us these stats ?

On this season alone, it's very close

Goals in La Liga:

Ronaldo has 23 in 18 games (1.27 goals per game)

Messi has 18 in 15 games (1.2 goals per game)

I'm not sure if you mean being two footed isn't important or if you meant Messi is as two-footed as Ronaldo but either way I find it an odd thing to say.

Other than Hearts stars like Robbo, Robbie and Rudi ... Messi is my favourite player to watch ever.

He is magical to watch.

Guest Dipped Flake

I hate the whole Pele argument, he was decent but not a patch on modern players who are fitter, faster and more skilful. There's way too much romanticism attached to Pele.

Please tell me you are just a kid. Your views on Ronaldo are laughable but your views on Pele are absolutely unvbelievable. You can maybe have an argument about Pele and Maradona but to say Ronaldo is better than Pele or that he couldn't have coped in the modern game is rubbish. A great player is a great player.

Charlie-Brown

Other than Hearts stars like Robbo, Robbie and Rudi ... Messi is my favourite player to watch ever.

He is magical to watch.

I see what you did there ..... what about Roddy (McDonald) or Rodger (Whittaker) did you like them as well? :)

What the chances of you showing us these stats ?

On this season alone, it's very close

Goals in La Liga:

Ronaldo has 23 in 18 games (1.27 goals per game)

Messi has 18 in 15 games (1.2 goals per game)

I'm not sure if you mean being two footed isn't important or if you meant Messi is as two-footed as Ronaldo but either way I find it an odd thing to say.

the ones i posted here

135 goals in 268 games gives him 0.50 goals per game

messi who is two years younger has 106 goals in 159 games giving him 0.66 goals per game

note i have included only league games

if you say the best player is the one with the most goals then what about romario on legue goals alone he has 311 goals in 453 games giving him 0.69 goals per game.

C.Ronaldo is certainly one of the most overhyped players in the world, Wayne Rooney is strong competition for that crown though!

This is true. :thumbsup:

C Ronaldo is a good player but Messi is so much better in every department.

Who just won the world player of the year?

heartgarfunkel

I suspect rousettsshorts is pulling all of our plonkers here chaps.

Yip, a troll indeed with a hint of a side-kick!

Cardiac Rucksack

the ones i posted here

Ronaldo played in a more defensive league in England so you can only really compare them in Spain or Europe. Im sure Ronaldo comes out on top in that case. :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Undoubtedly one of the best players in the world right now.

I do think peoples' opinion of him as a player are clouded by the fact that he is also undoubtedly one of the biggest tools to play football as well. If you judge him only on footballing ability, he is one of the top 5 attacking players in the world, and yes I would say he could go on to be one of the best of all time.

However, the best of all time? A big, big claim and one I think he'll come up short in.

Maradona, Pele, Cruyff for starters. Then you've got Eusebio, Puskas, Robbo, di Stefano, Zidane etc.

My work here is done.:whistling:

Rudolf's Mate

Ronaldo has another 8 years at the top, plenty room for movement, notice I said 'on track' to be the best. He's better than Zidane, much better.

You state Ron has another 8 years at the top however the person most are rightly putting him against due to being current is Messi and as others have said, it 2 years younger than Ronnie!

Don't get me wrong, CR is some talent and is one of the best players in the world but you such claims cam generally only be made once a player jas come to the end of his career amd you look back. That said Messi rightly won the Ballon D'or for the second year and for me edges it against Ron.

As for being judged on playing inthe two best leagues (top level). Living in England, the league may be exciting but it's because it's 100 mph and generally you see flashes of skill. Teams who are extremely fit can often close out/nullify some of the more attack minded teams. In La Liga it's different as there is more skill involved/teams as a whole have better skill. Barca will methodically pull a team apart working away at them.

Apart from the Real v Barca game I'd still rather watch the Epl but it's nowhere near as much skill involved!

Anyway I'm starting to ramble!

Ronaldo has another 8 years at the top, plenty room for movement, notice I said 'on track' to be the best. He's better than Zidane, much better.

Thread ender if ever there was one.

I hate the whole Pele argument, he was decent but not a patch on modern players who are fitter, faster and more skilful. There's way too much romanticism attached to .

no.png

romanovpalm.png

wtfvlad.png

facepalm.png

Ronaldo played in a more defensive league in England so you can only really compare them in Spain or Europe. Im sure Ronaldo comes out on top in that case. :thumbsup:

over this season and last

ronaldo has 48 goals in 47 games giving 1.02 goals per game

messi

52 goals in 50 games giving 1.04 goals per game

Fozzyonthefence

Messi needs to do it on another stage though in a different team, would he be as good if he moved to Man Utd? prob not as they play a different style, Ronaldo could play for any team as he's a better, more adaptable player.

Utter pish - what have you been drinking?

This thread was almost perfect - and then, just to top it off, Figoo rocked up to defend Rousset's horrific opinions.

Pleasing stuff.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I'm enjoying this immensely - cheered me up after the tonight's result.

CR a great player? Absolutely. Best of all time? Nae chance.

As someone already said above, have that discussion between Pele and Maradona. Maybe bring in Cruyff, Puskas etc. But not CR. Not yet.

And as for that comment about Pele. Clearly Rousset needs to nip back onto You Tube and spend an hour or two acquainting himself with Pele's career before expressing another opinion on "the greatest footballer ever".

Damn - I gave myself away there, didn't I?

Malcolm Tucker

Ronaldo is a phenomenal player.

It's 'cool' to not like him though. Which is understandable I guess. The boy's a bell-rash.

However this tedious as **** 'he's better than him' debate is getting on my thrupnies.

Ronaldo and Messi are, in playing style and indeed in the literal sense, different players. Why not just enjoy watching them?

Oh, and he isn't the best player ever, RoussettsShorts has lost his shit by claiming that.

Cool, now who wants to compare Scott Robinson and Clayton Donaldson?

InNothingWeTrust

Best player in the world? I think you're forgetting a major contender here chaps...

50553_56127968412_8339580_n.jpg

Dennis Wyness

Would just like to add that despite not being able to call on Ronaldo's physical attributes (pace and height) Messi is still the better player..

Ronaldo is a great player and will probably finish 2nd in the next Ballon D'or but unfortunately for him he is around at the same time as Messi..

Iniesta and Xavi are great players but they don't have the same appeal as Messi and Ronaldo..

I hate the whole Pele argument, he was decent but not a patch on modern players who are fitter, faster and more skilful. There's way too much romanticism attached to Pele.

Hahahahahahaha! Pele could run a sub-11s. 100m you plonker.

Archived