*** Official Hearts v St Johnstone match thread ***

Rick Grimes

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken

Performance highlights that without Rudi and with Temps off form there is a real lack of creativity. Also wonder if closing the Wheatfield has helped St Johnstone.

Of course it did.

What a ******* waste.

Had a bad feeling about the game as soon it was drawn, when was the last time we beat St Johnstone at Tynecastle?

Cardiac Rucksack

Think we have shown tonight why we will be no where near the league title. Poor Stuff.

Being the superstitious type I take responsibility for this due to the fact; I booked my annual leave today covering the cup final - sorry lads :(

...a bit disco

Can win back points in the league, don't get another chance in the cup til next year. down.gif

Agreed.

Sergio Garcia

If we lose in the league we get a chance to make it up.

What a time to have a stinker and then lose KK.

Skivingatwork

I think it's a bit of a reality check that we can't win the league with the squad we've got.

Rest a couple of players and the performance dips dramatically.

absolute disaster. really felt we were in with a great chance this year, absolutely gutted. Had a great opportunity with the old firm drawing each other. now lets see how the team reacts

Francis Albert

Performance highlights that without Rudi and with Temps off form there is a real lack of creativity. Also wonder if closing the Wheatfield has helped St Johnstone.

More to the point, I wonder if the fact that fewer than 6000 of us could be bothered to turn up helped St Johnstone.

Show's that we don't quite have the quality to deal without certain players.

Poor timing for a defeat though.

Even if we had won tonight this squad is nowhere near as good as 98.

A win tonight may have us thinking this is our year again to emulate 98 but its not so focus on league now. Lets hope Kyle is ok - good that we have Rudi, Wallace and Driver to return. Make no mistake though this is a big blow for us. Win tonight and we would have guaranteed a QF place.

Hopefully this is the 2011 version of losing 3-0 at home to Killie.

This - maybe a kick up the erse was needed. Pity it was this game...

A win tonight may have us thinking this is our year again to emulate 98 but its not so focus on league now. Lets hope Kyle is ok - good that we have Rudi, Wallace and Driver to return. Make no mistake though this is a big blow for us. Win tonight and we would have guaranteed a QF place.

Could have it been the same attitude by the players that has cost us tonight?

Being the superstitious type I take responsibility for this due to the fact; I booked my annual leave today covering the cup final - sorry lads :(

err also stuck a 10 spot on us to win it on Saturday too. Also I kinda misplaced my lucky scarf on last day of season back in '86. Draw your own conclusions. Good Job I stay 400 odd miles away :turned:

RoussetsShorts

The Wheatfield would have been open if enough fans had bought tickets to fill the rest of the ground and the club sensed a surge in demand for more tickets. The apathy from myself and many on here tells you all you need to know about how 'important' this cup is.

Rudolf's Mate

More to the point, I wonder if the fact that fewer than 6000 of us could be bothered to turn up helped St Johnstone.

To be fair the game was rearranged and possibly people couldn't make it.

Ok we fall away in the league then I see the relevance of this game but we're still building a team and this puts to bed the notion that we have strength in depth.

Onwards and upwards!

Magic Numbers

Win tonight and we would have guaranteed a QF place.

Erm...nope.

Win tonight would have put us up against Elvis' mob again, DEFINITELY not a guaranteed win there!

Get yer tenners on the wee team! At least if they win (yeah right!) you'll get a bit of compensation!

Absolutely bolloxed tonight, JJ has got a bit of work to do to pick us up from this "blip"!

I too suggest "bring on Utd!"

Edit: Maybe wouldn't have been Falkirk then, Partick have equalised!

Its been a long time baby

Can you mind the last time we met Falkirk in the cup? At home, in the same round???

For Fecks Sake... Useless feckin *****! We are nowhere near good enough without Rudi... Nobody, not even KK can lead the team when he is away.

Was gonna kick the dug at full time, but will settle for punching the little midget git in my office who is a Saints fan... Before he gets a chance to open his smug little munchkin mouth.

******* raging!

The Wheatfield would have been open if enough fans had bought tickets to fill the rest of the ground and the club sensed a surge in demand for more tickets. The apathy from myself and many on here tells you all you need to know about how 'important' this cup is.

Was no apathy from me, if I could afford it I'd have been there. People who say the cup isn't important are liars/chumps IMO.

Win tonight and we would have guaranteed a QF place.

Was that guaranteed in the same way we were guaranteed a QF place at 19:30 this evening? There are no guarantees in football. Well apart from Hibs being pish, that's guaranteed.

Utter garbage. Lack of atmosphere affected us more than them. They are used to empty stadiums. Didnt even feel like a cup tie. We shot ourselves in the foot big style.

RoussetsShorts

Was no apathy from me, if I could afford it I'd have been there. People who say the cup isn't important are liars/chumps IMO.

are you telling me you don't have a single friend, relative, pimp who could have lent you a few bob to go to the game until next pay day. If you wanted to be there you would have been. I bet if it was Hibs at home you would have been there. Its apathy that made you not go not money.

are you telling me you don't have a single friend, relative, pimp who could have lent you a few bob to go to the game until next pay day. If you wanted to be there you would have been. I bet if it was Hibs at home you would have been there. Its apathy that made you not go not money.

That's what I'm saying, certainly not at the last minute anyway. And no I wouldn't because I can't afford to go to the football anymore. It's a massive wrench but it sure as hell isn't apathy.

Francis Albert

Utter garbage. Lack of atmosphere affected us more than them. They are used to empty stadiums. Didnt even feel like a cup tie. We shot ourselves in the foot big style.

Poor excuse. Our record this season in empty stadiums has been better than at Tynecastle.

RoussetsShorts

I like Jefferies and look forward to many more years with him but his cup record since he came back is utterly woeful, oh dear :yucky:

aberhill jambo

Wee need a striker KK scoring from penalties few from open play. Calum scored start of season now of the boil. Temps, 2tts, and a few others chipping in but wee need a another striker to push on for the league.

portobellojambo1

Christ, that was cold tonight, just beginning to thaw out and I can feel all my toes again.

I disagree with those who are saying we lost tonight because Skacel wasn't playing. The difference between the two sides tonight wasn't one man. It was an all round shoddy, shoddy performance, and in the end we deserved to lose.

It was, in general, a very, very poor game of football, but for every loose ball St Johnstone were first to it, their passing was neater, they looked more organised than us.

The general situation inside the ground helped them as well. The game shouldn't have been all ticket, and the Wheatfield should have been open, there was absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever. I've been to funerals that were livelier.

Got to take it on the chin though, and move on (although those who started winding up Hibs fans before waiting to make sure we progressed may have to dodge work colleagues tomorrow).

Everybody loves Baz

I take full responsibility for our defeat tonight as i never started the Official Match Fred, sorry guys :ermm:

Creamy Goodness, You're Fired !!! :verymad:

Wee need a striker KK scoring from penalties few from open play. Calum scored start of season now of the boil. Temps, 2tts, and a few others chipping in but wee need a another striker to push on for the league.

According to the BBC, we seem to have a different striker...

"The game started in an open manner with both sides pushing forward, and it was Hearts striker Marius Zaliukas who had the first effort on goal, but his long-range drive flew wide."

:whistling:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

According to the BBC, we seem to have a different striker...

"The game started in an open manner with both sides pushing forward, and it was Hearts striker Marius Zaliukas who had the first effort on goal, but his long-range drive flew wide."

:whistling:

That explains his strike rate - he's been hanging back in our half most of the season! Probably learnt his striking skills from Nade.

We might as well try him in defence.

I take full responsibility for our defeat tonight as i never started the Official Match Fred, sorry guys :ermm:

It's bad enough not letting you do the match thread

Stating "I've never done this/I've always wanted to do this" is the kiss of death in my experience

sorry :(

Miller Jambo 60

Christ, that was cold tonight, just beginning to thaw out and I can feel all my toes again.

I disagree with those who are saying we lost tonight because Skacel wasn't playing. The difference between the two sides tonight wasn't one man. It was an all round shoddy, shoddy performance, and in the end we deserved to lose.

It was, in general, a very, very poor game of football, but for every loose ball St Johnstone were first to it, their passing was neater, they looked more organised than us.

The general situation inside the ground helped them as well. The game shouldn't have been all ticket, and the Wheatfield should have been open, there was absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever. I've been to funerals that were livelier.

Got to take it on the chin though, and move on (although those who started winding up Hibs fans before waiting to make sure we progressed may have to dodge work colleagues tomorrow).

Ha Ha dodge hobos, not in my life bud.laugh.gif

Doug, Hurt but not down

Archived