under ?2.20 a pint

TimeBandit

Meeting a mate in town (probtown centre, george street, rose street etc..) at end of month/beginning of feb for a few pints..

anywhere round there do (preferably) ipa or real ale for under ?2.20 a pint?..

(i like a challenge!!)..

for instance,.. are there any wetherspoons or lloyds etc in that vicinity?.. (is stadning order cheap?)

I absolutely refuse to pay more than ?2.20 a pint.. I will have tap water and a dash of blackcurrant if need be!!

its the principal of the thing.. I'm not exactly flush these days and sometimes common sense must prevail! (we're going out though, thats not debatable!)..

any help greatly appreciated..

Alexander Graham Bell at the west end of George Street, and generally a decent pint not John Smiths or the like. Last time I was in IPA was ?1.50.

The last time i was in Standing Order (it was a while ago to be fair) it was definitely under ?1.50 for a pint of Deuchars, mate.

Commander Harris

think weatherspoons do IPA on the cheap - so standing order or that new place at the west end of george street, think it's the alexander graham bell

Excellant, thanks peeps!!

My mate drinks deuchars aswell (although for me its a bit of a treat as we are boycotting spoons in livi and its too damn expensive from the shops..)..

It needs to be cheap because It just goes down so well and we will end up totally sessioned by the end of the afternoon.. need a couple of quid for bus home aswell!!

Alexander graham bell and standing Order.. added to list (in fact ehy are the list!!)..

I dont mind a lack of atmosphere as we generally talk when we get together so the beer and lively chat make the entertainment!

My mate drinks deuchars aswell (although for me its a bit of a treat as we are boycotting spoons in livi and its too damn expensive from the shops..)..

It needs to be cheap because It just goes down so well and we will end up totally sessioned by the end of the afternoon.. need a couple of quid for bus home aswell!!

Alexander graham bell and standing Order.. added to list (in fact ehy are the list!!)..

I dont mind a lack of atmosphere as we generally talk when we get together so the beer and lively chat make the entertainment!

http://www.albahomeb...co.uk/index.asp :thumbsup::woot::food-smiley-004:

Once you've bought the basic kit (brewing vessel, syphon tube, & sugar for each brew), the cost per pint should be well under 50p!

http://www.albahomeb...co.uk/index.asp :thumbsup::woot::food-smiley-004:

Once you've bought the basic kit (brewing vessel, syphon tube, & sugar for each brew), the cost per pint should be well under 50p!

always wanted to give it a try but wife has put the kibosh on it as one of her borthers is an alki who makes his own because pubs dont open ealry enough.. seems to think ill end up the same!

women!!

Another celebrity Hearts fan ... pleased to meet you Tam!

still_game_tam.jpg

always wanted to give it a try but wife has put the kibosh on it as one of her borthers is an alki who makes his own because pubs dont open ealry enough.. seems to think ill end up the same!

women!!

Simple solution: she funds any future nights-out you have... Couple of beers with a mate? Fifty quid ought to cover it! :thumbsup:

Pretty sure Deuchar's is ?1.65 in the Standing Order.

I was in just before New year and it was ?1.45 for Deuchars....

:thumbsup:

I was in just before New year and it was ?1.45 for Deuchars....

:thumbsup:

Vat increase will probably see that go up, though.

Another celebrity Hearts fan ... pleased to meet you Tam!

still_game_tam.jpg

It's like looking in a mirror!

Kinda worried though as I've been wanting a bunnet for a while now.. used to have a hearts one,.. might take a wee trip to the club shop for a tartan one..

Archived