Mehdi Taouil

livi

Templeton'sUnderpants

A decent player aye, but would be behind.. Rudi, 2Ts, Temps, Driver and Novi for a game. It's good to be able to say we don't need a player of his skill imo.

Classy player who would bring that wee bit extra that could improve our team.

Go on Vlad you know you want to. :thumbsup:

Not for me! Suso has more talent and is more direct. That will do for me! :thumbsup:

Generic Username

He was utterly bobbins tonight.

He's the kind of signing that'd get Hibs fans fizzing in their knickers - lots of trickery but absolutely shit all in terms of end product.

I've always thought he was good an scored a peach against us a few years ago. However only seen the first half tonight but he was pretty mince an seemed scared to get a shot away.

Not convinced about bryson either. He wiz o.k but not sure if better than what we've got already nomshayn!

This time last year 100% yes.

But we now have better players playing well. So I'm out.

Hearts of Vladland

Liam Kelly looks quite good at 20, he likes to get forward, can pass the ball and isn't scared to take a pop, been more impressed with him than Bryson tbh.

He was utterly bobbins tonight.

He's the kind of signing that'd get Hibs fans fizzing in their knickers - lots of trickery but absolutely shit all in terms of end product.

Absolutely bang on the money.

If we weren't already blessed with a plethora of tricky winger types already then maybe.

But we are so he isn't.

Not really sure he is very effective, despite being pleasing on the eye occasionally.

Generic Username

Unbelievable as soon as someone has a good game on tv people are like sign him. Absolute ridiculious

I'd love to know about this good game he had on the telly cause it certainly wasn't the night.

No way - we have plenty of good wingers at the moment.

Truthfully there aren't that many players in the SPL outside the Old Firm that I would have in our first 11. Ones I would consider (no promises though!):

Hartley (Aberdeen)

Goodwillie (Dundee Utd)

Morgaro Gomis (Dundee Utd)

Prince Buaben (Dundee Utd)

Adam Rooney (ICT)

Alexei Eremenko (Kilmarnock)

Stephen Craigan (Motherwell)

Mark Reynolds (Motherwell)

The guy Connor Sammon is obviously scoring lots of goals this season but I can't say Ive seen much of him to comment. Also while I think a lot of people think we need a new right back, I couldn't think of a stand-out right back in the league that I would really want.

Snake Plissken

Would Towlie be worth signing?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The end.

Magic Numbers

Righty Ho, I may as well wade in with my preferred signings (realistic ones I may add...) - Excluding OF as fees & wages would possibly be well outwith budget.

Aberdeen...

Maguire & Hartley. At a push Aluko, and maybe one or 2 youngsters if they would be up for sale (Pawlett & Fyvie obviously)

Dundee Utd...

Would take Daly as back-up to Kyle, Goodwillie would be out of reach financially I reckon. Gomis & Buaben would be ok, Keith Watson & Paul Dixon at fullbacks could be interesting.

Hamilton...

Dougie Imrie is the only one who sticks out, even then he would be definite bench material, a la Stevenson.

Inverness...

The defence is solid, but I think that is more a unit thing, not sure they'd be much cop individually, so no to them. Have heard good things about Cox & Ross in the midfield & I believe Sutherland is a promising young lad, Rooney is the no-brainer though, although he may not be considered a first-pick for the JTs.

Motherwell...

Craigan, Hammell & Lasley always look not bad, although Craigan & Lasley are getting on a bit. Sutton would be good backup for KK too. The lad Murphy looks dangerous too but not sure about his end product & we have better anyway in his position so no ta. Forbes would be a good prospect but Hateley for me is the pick of their bunch.

Hibs...

Sol Bamba...Oh, wait...no. To be honest I'm not sure I'd want any of them for anything other than squad filler (Hanlon? Dickoh? Miller? None are better than the personnel in the jerseys, so no thanks...)

Killie...

Eremenko without a doubt. Bryson I'm a bit meh about, nice to have, unlikely to be missed if we don't sign him. Taouil is just too much of a trickster with very little substance, we have much better in the squad. Fraser Wright is solid & would be a decent signing. Liam Kelly is the most exciting of their team (except Eremenko of course) so he'd be on my list before Bryson. Sammon I am not convinced with, never have been. Keep thinking he is on a one season hot streak. Has been pish up to now & may be pish consistently in the future, file under Billy Meh Meh!

St Johnstone...

Liam Craig & Murray Davidson, possibly Duberry but he is seriously getting on a bit, although solid, same with Jody Morris. Chris Millar seems to be ok from what little I have seen but that's about it.

St Liedown...

Jure Travner looks a decent full-back & quite good going forward. Other than him I struggle to see anyone who would be capable of being a positive addition to our squad, unless maybe Paul McGowan or Charlie Higson or whatever you call that clogger up front. Ultimately no thanks...

Conclusion:-

Having had a quick scan through our "rivals" squads, I see hardly anyone worthy of playing for the JTs, apart from a number of OF players. Therefore we really should be pumping these no-hopers week in week out! Especially Hamilton & St Midden, Jeez they really are awful! 1st Division material & bring very little to the table for the SPL.

Guest juvehearts

kanae believe no-one has mentioned jamie hamill

he is imo the box to box midfielder we need. quality player

wee mention about alex neil @ hamilton, i think he is solid although wouldnt want him to leave & not get 1st team football.

juve

kanae believe no-one has mentioned jamie hamill

he is imo the box to box midfielder we need. quality player

wee mention about alex neil @ hamilton, i think he is solid although wouldnt want him to leave & not get 1st team football.

juve

Got to agree juve

I've been impressed by Hamill and think he's the type of midfielder that could give us another option through the middle.

Still think Bryson would be the better choice of the two though as as I think he would settle right in playing in the current set up

The reason Taouil is playing with Killie and not at a higher level is, as others have noted, he is tricky with the ball but there is little end product to his game and he is far too inconsistent.

Hearts are well placed at the moment for wingers, so Taouil would not be an improvement to the current squad.

A winger, an inconsistent one at best - really?

agree. Not sure if he`s got the right mentality. Again, alot of our fans see a player do a couple of twists and turns and its "sign him!"

Charlie-Brown

We already have several wingers on our books and in our first team squad - who would Taouil replace? and who would he be an improvement on?

I was thinking that i've wanted him at Tynie for a few years but last night, he cost Killie two goals. A nice player when playing well, but as others stated far too much incosistency in his game.

To be honest the only thing I took from watching last nights game is that either Taouil and Bryson would be my last picks from the killie midfiled!

As others have said Taouil has some nice flicks and tricks but heehaw end product!

Bryson never got on the ball and was outplayed by the young laddie Ness (on something like his second start for der hun), finally subbed off injured because he has no left foot and near crippled himself using the outside of his right!

Would Towlie be worth signing?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The end.

Believe his nickname in the Killie dressing room is "Sanitary" Taouil.

We dont need him even for a short Period. :ermm:

I'd love to know about this good game he had on the telly cause it certainly wasn't the night.

He didn't even have a good game last night, gave the ball away constantly!

Dougie Imrie is the only one who sticks out, even then he would be definite bench material, a la Stevenson.

thats what Ive been thinking clum out imrie in to keep squad numbers

Archived