Quote of the week

Jamboman1512

"How much we've got to improve is not of great importance to me, but what we've got to do is win the game."

found this quite amusing, guy doesn't give a sh*t. :lol:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

That won't go down well with the Flairmeisters.

Those words go against the Hivs ethos.

Probably the 1st sensible thing he has said since he's been there. That's a worry.

Going to stick my neck out abit here, and this is said through gritted teeth. However I don't find the lad that bad. Think he comes across okay on telly, makes sense and says what he sees. Doesn't buy into the hype surrounding that football club and cant win for toffee. Win win situation.

That won't go down well with the Flairmeisters.

Those words go against the Hivs ethos.

Probably the 1st sensible thing he has said since he's been there. That's a worry.

I've got a hobo mate (i know, iknow, but in my defence they are good for a laugh) and he is really p*ssed off at that statement from cc bloom. Makes me very :D

Going to stick my neck out abit here, and this is said through gritted teeth. However I don't find the lad that bad. Think he comes across okay on telly, makes sense and says what he sees. Doesn't buy into the hype surrounding that football club and cant win for toffee. Win win situation.

I kind of agree with this. He seems like an okay sort of guy who has somehow managed to find himself in a nightmare predicament. His expression is one of a man who has woken up to find himself in some sort of horrible bad dream and you can just tell he's wondering what the heck he did in a previous life to deserve this - he knows he's made a huge mistake. He doesn't blether the usual hibby guff and that's refreshing....

His inability to do anything with the losers that make up his squad is also pleasing, but I genuinely doubt whether the Special One himself could do anything productive with that mob.

Don't want to defend him but what question was he asked to give that response.

I really hate it when the press/fans take statements out of context for their own agenda.

The reporter might of asked a stupid/obvious question such as;

"Performances haven't been very good recently are you hoping for an improvement in this game?"

You really need to take things in context.

I remember on the way back from St Mirren park the other week prior to the derby Calderwood saying something along the lines of, It doesn't matter about winning or loosing as long as you leave with your head held high. Talk about a wee team!

Hibs have been in decline since about January last year. Possibly even longer than that, the run of results they got at the start of last season ironically have made things worse for them by concealing the depth of problems down Easter Road way.

I think Hughes realized that there was a lot to do, and was planning for the long term with the changes he made. He'd been promised the time to do that, (as far as I can tell from JH statements), then the board panic and give him the heave ho.

So, Calderwood has a huge job to do. The 3-0 win at Ibrox would provide momentum to most teams, but not to this Hibs squad. They just seem to go from bad to worse.

Comparing the derbies, they were less bad at Tynecastle than at Easter Road. But they lack confidence, and any sort of pattern; they don't look much like a team at all. Not sure if he'll do it, but Calderwood needs to pick his best 11 and stick with them for 6-10 games, and hope they start to scrape results. Draws will do.

Hibs need a manager in place for a couple of seasons to build foundations. Not sure the fans will allow such a thing though. They are very impatient down there, and seem to be the parents of their own downfall.

Could this season get much better?

Don't want to defend him but what question was he asked to give that response.

I really hate it when the press/fans take statements out of context for their own agenda.

The reporter might of asked a stupid/obvious question such as;

"Performances haven't been very good recently are you hoping for an improvement in this game?"

You really need to take things in context.

Wasn't really a question asked.

Looking ahead to the replay at Somerset Park, Calderwood was in determined mood.

"We've got to go through and we've got to find a way to win a game," said the former Nottingham Forest manager.

"How much we've got to improve is not of great importance to me, but what we've got to do is win the game."

Wasn't really a question asked.

Looking ahead to the replay at Somerset Park, Calderwood was in determined mood.

"We've got to go through and we've got to find a way to win a game," said the former Nottingham Forest manager.

Much as it pains me to say it you can't really argue with that statement in that context. If they don't improve but still win the game they are in the next round and that is the only important thing in a cup tie.

Archived