Walcott admits diving

H2

Walcott admits diving.

Walcott dives

The sad thing is he has done nothing wrong. He was touched he dived, it's a penalty, according to the silly laws of the game.

I doubt the authorities will be able to touch him for it, too many other blatent examples of the same thing.

rudi must stay

Walcott admits diving.

Walcott dives

The sad thing is he has done nothing wrong. He was touched he dived, it's a penalty, according to the silly laws of the game.

I doubt the authorities

will be able to touch him for it, too many other blatent examples of the same thing.

I agree with your last point. But if you dive then it's not an instant penalty, it's a yellow card..

jambojim1986

May as well just snap the wee naff in future if he's gonna go down anyway. At least that way he might take the hint whilst on the treatment table.

I agree with your last point. But if you dive then it's not an instant penalty, it's a yellow card..

There is nothing in the laws that prohibts diving, is there?

I'm hoping Walcotts comment will open the can that is full of distatseful substances.

He should be hammered for this, like Miko was.

The equivelant would actually be Walcott diving against England at Wembley, so not really a similar situation is it.

The equivelant would actually be Walcott diving against England at Wembley, so not really a similar situation is it.

The only difference between Miko and Walcott is Walcott isn't a 'Johnny Foreigner'. Walcott admitted to diving and sharing a joke about it with the referee afterwards. I'm sure we were all as understanding when Maloney got Takis sent off, weren't we?

rudi must stay

I'm hoping Walcotts comment will open the can that is full of distatseful substances.

no probably not. But recently diving has become an instant yellow card, ofcourse that's up to whether the ref thinks it's a dive though..

It's classed as "unsporting behaviour" under Law 12 as confirmed by decision 5

http://www.corshamref.org.uk/law12/law12dec.htm

• Decision 5. Any simulating action anywhere on the field, which is intended to deceive the Referee, must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour.

The only difference between Miko and Walcott is Walcott isn't a 'Johnny Foreigner'. Walcott admitted to diving and sharing a joke about it with the referee afterwards. I'm sure we were all as understanding when Maloney got Takis sent off, weren't we?

I see someone's started a thread on this now, but Maloney didn't dive. He was forced to ride a tackle which in the laws of the game is still a foul. I think it was a foul and a yellow card but I can see why the ref sent him off. If it was a Hearts player running through and no foul was given, the conspiracy theorists would have been foaming at the mouth.

Miko's a diving wee scroat and gash as well and it was quite embarassing watching folk falling over themselves to turn their back on their country and gam him.

Archived